British National Party Organiser Arrested for Defending Christian Rights

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: British National Party Organiser Arrested for Defending Christian Rights

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:38 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

I'm an atheist as well, but how about standing up for the English for a change, assuming that you are? Question

As far as I am concerned I'm a human being, who happened to be born in this bit of the world as were my parents. I don't think that makes the slightest bit of difference to what I am inside. If possible I would have 'human being' on my passport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:01 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

You REALLY can't let it drop can you! Evil or Very Mad

Muslim employees who had Company vehicles, were ALREADY allowed to have pages of the Koran in their cars, and were issued with Company Burka's as well! Twisted Evil

Try sticking up for you own people for a change sassy, you may like it! Rolling Eyes

It's a win win here MrD. As the BNP will always identify with the indigenous Brit the fact that the British man was finally allowed the same rights and privileges as those of other religions is a boost for them. What many people fail to understand here, and I'm wagging my finger at you here sassy Smile , that success for a party that represents British nationals is just that, success for the recognition of the rights of the indigenous Brit. The more successful the party is then the less needed they are. Their demise is a self-fulfilling prophecy. There should be no need of a party that stands up for the rights of British nationals. Its disgraceful that people feel that such a party is required at all. Labour, Conservatives and the Liberals should be parties that put British people's needs first and foremost but as we know they mainly have their own agendas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Seren wrote:

It's a win win here MrD. As the BNP will always identify with the indigenous Brit the fact that the British man was finally allowed the same rights and privileges as those of other religions is a boost for them. What many people fail to understand here, and I'm wagging my finger at you here sassy Smile , that success for a party that represents British nationals is just that, success for the recognition of the rights of the indigenous Brit. The more successful the party is then the less needed they are. Their demise is a self-fulfilling prophecy. There should be no need of a party that stands up for the rights of British nationals. Its disgraceful that people feel that such a party is required at all. Labour, Conservatives and the Liberals should be parties that put British people's needs first and foremost but as we know they mainly have their own agendas.

If most people agreed with all that Seren then why do 95%+ of the population NOT vote BNP? And btw, success for the Nationalists would NOT see recognition for the rights of gay Brits. Not an issue for you or the other 96%ish who are not gay, but for me, my family, and my friends it is a major turn off- when you add to that all the ethnic families and their friends who are white British- you start to see huge numbers stacked against these Nationalists- who apparently have all our best interests at heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Seren wrote:

Sorry Seren, but what you don't seem to understand is that the majority of Brits, when they see the BNP are involved immediately take the opposite view, on the assumption that if the BNP says its right, it must be wrong. Thats right, the majority. Thats why they always get hammered in elections. I'm sure it would look as if they do better in the council elections, because so many of them are going for seats thats are not being contested, on parish councils etc, where people are not interested. The BNP are not successful, will never be successful, they carry their past with them, try to pretend that it is not their present and then end up picking people who show that it is exactly their present (see the quotes on the other thread).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:43 pm

eilzel wrote:

If most people agreed with all that Seren then why do 95%+ of the population NOT vote BNP? And btw, success for the Nationalists would NOT see recognition for the rights of gay Brits. Not an issue for you or the other 96%ish who are not gay, but for me, my family, and my friends it is a major turn off- when you add to that all the ethnic families and their friends who are white British- you start to see huge numbers stacked against these Nationalists- who apparently have all our best interests at heart.

I believe that 89% of the population voted for the main 3 parties in 2010.

Why don't people vote BNP Eilzel, I have no idea.

It could be that the BNP cannot talk about any subject matter at all without being savaged by the media, and I mean savaged. Maybe its because of the NF legacy, maybe of all the financial shenanigans, maybe the public persona of its leader Griffin.

It could be any number of things. At this stage I don't believe that England will ever have a credible national party which is a shame but I cannot talk for the English at all so I couldn't tell you why.

As for gay people Eilzel I can honestly say that during my time of championing the BNP I have met some great Brits who are definitely not homophobic in any way. They were just concerned about the direction the country is headed. The party does attract a certain type, nobody can deny this, and idiots like that ultimately do more harm to nationalism than good yet they just cannot see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:48 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Sorry Seren, but what you don't seem to understand is that the majority of Brits, when they see the BNP are involved immediately take the opposite view, on the assumption that if the BNP says its right, it must be wrong. Thats right, the majority. Thats why they always get hammered in elections. I'm sure it would look as if they do better in the council elections, because so many of them are going for seats thats are not being contested, on parish councils etc, where people are not interested. The BNP are not successful, will never be successful, they carry their past with them, try to pretend that it is not their present and then end up picking people who show that it is exactly their present (see the quotes on the other thread).

I am aware of that. For many years the BNP reported on the sexual grooming of young British girls but one thing I noticed from being on forums like Sky etc people would vehemently deny that this was the case especially if I mentioned that I had read this on any blog/news site that was pr BNP in any way.

Maybe you are right about their future. The BNP will never be succesfull at the ballot box because of its past and even now when you read some comments from supporters, which incidentally are a long way off official policy, you wonder how nasty some people can be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Seren wrote:

I believe that 89% of the population voted for the main 3 parties in 2010.

Why don't people vote BNP Eilzel, I have no idea.

It could be that the BNP cannot talk about any subject matter at all without being savaged by the media, and I mean savaged. Maybe its because of the NF legacy, maybe of all the financial shenanigans, maybe the public persona of its leader Griffin.

It could be any number of things. At this stage I don't believe that England will ever have a credible national party which is a shame but I cannot talk for the English at all so I couldn't tell you why.

As for gay people Eilzel I can honestly say that during my time of championing the BNP I have met some great Brits who are definitely not homophobic in any way. They were just concerned about the direction the country is headed. The party does attract a certain type, nobody can deny this, and idiots like that ultimately do more harm to nationalism than good yet they just cannot see it.

89% voted for the main 3. Most the rest will have gone to Plaid, the SNP and the Unionist Parties; followed by a split between UKIP, The Greens, the BNP and independants. What % actually do vote BNP?

If you have no idea why the BNP fail to entice people then perhaps it is a fundamental question that needs to be asked by the Party and its supporters. No good just telling us you are the only ones with your countrys interests at heart when most people don't agree, clearly the ones who need to reflect are not the masses but the nationalists themselves.

As for homophobia. I doubt all Nationalists are homophobic, maybe not even the majority. But the BNP would stop Civil Partnerships and 'promotion' of homosexuality in schools- I still have the email they sent me in reply when I contacted them on the very question. Now 'promotion' is a strange term, but generally connected to Section 28, which I asked them about directly, but they did not give a direct answer, only what I said.

So the party does not have the interests of gay people in mind at all, my family know this, and my friends know this. The BNP aren't therefore only alienating the minority gay population, but also their social circles and families. Spread across the population you can see the damage this may cause in terms of voter numbers. This may go to some way of explaining why people 'don't vote BNP'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:09 pm

eilzel wrote:

89% voted for the main 3. Most the rest will have gone to Plaid, the SNP and the Unionist Parties; followed by a split between UKIP, The Greens, the BNP and independants. What % actually do vote BNP?

If you have no idea why the BNP fail to entice people then perhaps it is a fundamental question that needs to be asked by the Party and its supporters. No good just telling us you are the only ones with your countrys interests at heart when most people don't agree, clearly the ones who need to reflect are not the masses but the nationalists themselves.

As for homophobia. I doubt all Nationalists are homophobic, maybe not even the majority. But the BNP would stop Civil Partnerships and 'promotion' of homosexuality in schools- I still have the email they sent me in reply when I contacted them on the very question. Now 'promotion' is a strange term, but generally connected to Section 28, which I asked them about directly, but they did not give a direct answer, only what I said.

So the party does not have the interests of gay people in mind at all, my family know this, and my friends know this. The BNP aren't therefore only alienating the minority gay population, but also their social circles and families. Spread across the population you can see the damage this may cause in terms of voter numbers. This may go to some way of explaining why people 'don't vote BNP'.

Sorry Eilzel, are you under the illusion that I support or vote for the BNP at all?

I am a member of the Green Party for my sins.

Incidentally if you could find any example of a major political party or politician interceding in such a case then that would make great reading.

I had no idea that the BNP was to challenge Civil Partnerships, this seems a bit petty. I don't know why gay people want the right to marry in churches etc though. Marriages have fallen drastically and really within the next decade will be reserved purely for the upper and middle classes keen to show off how much money they have.

Marriage these days carries little rights for fathers beyond being one giant wallet so more and more men are reluctant to take the plunge as they see it as a way to get fleeced later on in the relationship. Even people getting married do so often after years together as a co-habiting couple and more often than not with children already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:12 pm

In 2010 the BNP finished 5th behind UKIP with 1.9% of the overall vote. wikipedia link

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Seren wrote:

Sorry Eilzel, are you under the illusion that I support or vote for the BNP at all?

I am a member of the Green Party for my sins.

Incidentally if you could find any example of a major political party or politician interceding in such a case then that would make great reading.

I had no idea that the BNP was to challenge Civil Partnerships, this seems a bit petty. I don't know why gay people want the right to marry in churches etc though. Marriages have fallen drastically and really within the next decade will be reserved purely for the upper and middle classes keen to show off how much money they have.

Marriage these days carries little rights for fathers beyond being one giant wallet so more and more men are reluctant to take the plunge as they see it as a way to get fleeced later on in the relationship. Even people getting married do so often after years together as a co-habiting couple and more often than not with children already.

Sorry Seren, thought I remembered Allakaka saying you were BNP just after you left ADS. My bad, you are very nationalistic though, and the Greens are miles apart from the BNP Shocked

I personally agree with you on marriage. But you see som gay people still stick to this silly little thing called 'religion' and feel it is their right (and I agree) to have their relationships recognized in the eyes of their God/s as well as the State. Personally I too like the idea of having a relationship 'cemented' to put it so unromantically, especially in a fancy country church Smile

The argument of course might be 'but the religion says homosexuality is a sin' but then it says many things are a sin done by straight couples, and they all do them anyway Laughing

And it is petty of the BNP, and costs them more than they think Neutral

EDIT: Haha! Thanks for that John Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:23 pm

John wrote:In 2010 the BNP finished 5th behind UKIP with 1.9% of the overall vote. wikipedia link

If you break it down John you'll see that England voted less for any nationalist party than Wales or Scotland. Basically England wants what it has now. Mostly England votes for the Tories apart from vast swathes of destitute, working class areas which vote Labour. Quite a lot of the West Country is a touch liberal though.

We have our own Welsh Assembly here which is already making decisions for us Welsh for example free university education and free prescriptions. Hopefully we will follow Scotland's lead and continue to gain more power of how our society is governed and address care for senior citizens etc. It does seem strange that so many English people are happy with paying for things that are free to the Scots and the Welsh and who are also happy to not have their own parliament and to have Welsh and Scottish MP's rule over their affairs. But as a nation England may moan about such things but have happily voted for it to remain the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:27 pm

eilzel wrote:

Sorry Seren, thought I remembered Allakaka saying you were BNP just after you left ADS. My bad, you are very nationalistic though, and the Greens are miles apart from the BNP Shocked

I personally agree with you on marriage. But you see som gay people still stick to this silly little thing called 'religion' and feel it is their right (and I agree) to have their relationships recognized in the eyes of their God/s as well as the State. Personally I too like the idea of having a relationship 'cemented' to put it so unromantically, especially in a fancy country church Smile

The argument of course might be 'but the religion says homosexuality is a sin' but then it says many things are a sin done by straight couples, and they all do them anyway Laughing

And it is petty of the BNP, and costs them more than they think Neutral

EDIT: Haha! Thanks for that John Very Happy

Eilzel, I did give the BNP around 6 months of my life in the run-up to the 2010 election but just sat and watched England just vote the way they did. I don't bother to try and promote any national party in England now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Seren wrote:

If you break it down John you'll see that England voted less for any nationalist party than Wales or Scotland. Basically England wants what it has now. Mostly England votes for the Tories apart from vast swathes of destitute, working class areas which vote Labour. Quite a lot of the West Country is a touch liberal though.

We have our own Welsh Assembly here which is already making decisions for us Welsh for example free university education and free prescriptions. Hopefully we will follow Scotland's lead and continue to gain more power of how our society is governed and address care for senior citizens etc. It does seem strange that so many English people are happy with paying for things that are free to the Scots and the Welsh and who are also happy to not have their own parliament and to have Welsh and Scottish MP's rule over their affairs. But as a nation England may moan about such things but have happily voted for it to remain the same.

That raises another area of interest actually Seren. If there was a complete economic break up of the UK, would Scotland and Wales be able to continue affording their citizens free prescriptions and free or significantly lower Tuition Fees? This is actually something which is wildly frustrating being English. Especially as it is the huge majority of English people that pay their taxes to fund these subsidaries Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:31 pm

eilzel wrote:

That raises another area of interest actually Seren. If there was a complete economic break up of the UK, would Scotland and Wales be able to continue affording their citizens free prescriptions and free or significantly lower Tuition Fees? This is actually something which is wildly frustrating being English. Especially as it is the huge majority of English people that pay their taxes to fund these subsidaries Evil or Very Mad

There won't be a economic break up of the UK though. Its just going to carry on with the Welsh and the Scots receiving benefits that the English are not entitled to. The growth of self-determination in both Wales and Scotland is in no way tied to any form of economic break up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Seren wrote:

There won't be a economic break up of the UK though. Its just going to carry on with the Welsh and the Scots receiving benefits that the English are not entitled to. The growth of self-determination in both Wales and Scotland is in no way tied to any form of economic break up.

I think it's disgusting tbh. It should be all or nothing. Even if England HAD its own parliament they'd never give us the same privilidges the Nationalists in those countries get because it is simply unaffordable. I'm not so well up on the Welsh side but certainly Scotland, things like free Tuition Fees are paraded as successes by the SNP as a way of gaining support for them. The only acceptable solutions to me are- FULL break up (including economic and militarily) of the Union and let the little provinces sink or swim alone; or no break up (preferable to me) but with government centred in Parliament with the English, Welsh, Scots and Irish given the same in everything. No other way is fair, especially a way in which the provinces reap all the benifits at the cost of the English.

I will not vote BNP to make this happen though, as they would also do a lot I would oppose. There is in truth Seren no party that serves everybodies interest. The BNP I don't think can be compared to the Welsh and Scottish Nationalists- if anything, aren't they quite LW and progressive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:55 pm

eilzel wrote:

I think it's disgusting tbh. It should be all or nothing. Even if England HAD its own parliament they'd never give us the same privilidges the Nationalists in those countries get because it is simply unaffordable. I'm not so well up on the Welsh side but certainly Scotland, things like free Tuition Fees are paraded as successes by the SNP as a way of gaining support for them. The only acceptable solutions to me are- FULL break up (including economic and militarily) of the Union and let the little provinces sink or swim alone; or no break up (preferable to me) but with government centred in Parliament with the English, Welsh, Scots and Irish given the same in everything. No other way is fair, especially a way in which the provinces reap all the benifits at the cost of the English.

I will not vote BNP to make this happen though, as they would also do a lot I would oppose. There is in truth Seren no party that serves everybodies interest. The BNP I don't think can be compared to the Welsh and Scottish Nationalists- if anything, aren't they quite LW and progressive?

That's not the half of it though. If you look at things like the Stamp Duty Land Tax, Landfill tax, Inheritance tax. There are many differences between Scotland and England. Many allowances and tax breaks are afforded Scotland in order to kick start investment. I would like to see the same tax breaks afforded Welsh businesses and people also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:04 pm

For an outsider looking in, an English Parliament for England seems like a no-brainer, since the provinces already have theirs. Contrary to what some say, such a Parliament would not destroy Westminster, any more than having the Belgian Parliament in Brussels would destroy the EU. It's a different level of government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:01 am

victorismyhero wrote:

read again Skemster...i DID say...not only in councils.........

I know Victor.. that's why I qualified it with the above 'I assume from the tone of your post [local councils] is your main target' Very Happy

I beleive I'm right in this although am prepared to be corrected; do you believe PC is as rife, if not moreso, in the private sector too then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:19 am

eilzel wrote:

Good post Eilzel. It's funny you know, going on this and many other forums, ISP News comment pages, blogs etc etc you get a very skewered view of the 'state of the nation.' Anyone from abroad, parachuted into one, woould be forgiven for thinking the BNP had this huge groundswell of support, that the majority of the population were desparate to see all non-whites repatriated, that homosexuality should be outlawed again, that we should leave the EU tomorrow, that the birch should be re-introduced for errant teenagers and that all local council services should be dismantled, and the benefits system completely wound up so that the rule of 'survival of the fittest' is allowed to rule supreme!

The overall national mood is of course nothing like that, and that is why organisations like the BNP is continually marginalised and have a bark much louder than their bite. The overwhelming majority of the electorate voted for parties with a progressive political agenda at the last election, showing that the national mood is actually one that supports liberal [small 'l'], social democracy. Through the application of an unfair voting system and the LibDems gambling on their own principles, we have ironically ended up with a government most of us don't want.

The average UK citizen in the 21st century is less racist, homophobic and 'nationalistic' in a bigotted way, than I would say at any other time in it's history. That's why the BNP and other organisations like it are always doomed to fail.

All we need now is for mainstream national politics to catch up with that progressive mood and it will eventually, but not after a lot of kicking and screaming from the establishment which remains rooted in 1979.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:38 am

Skemster wrote:

Good post Eilzel. It's funny you know, going on this and many other forums, ISP News comment pages, blogs etc etc you get a very skewered view of the 'state of the nation.' Anyone from abroad, parachuted into one, woould be forgiven for thinking the BNP had this huge groundswell of support, that the majority of the population were desparate to see all non-whites repatriated, that homosexuality should be outlawed again, that we should leave the EU tomorrow, that the birch should be re-introduced for errant teenagers and that all local council services should be dismantled, and the benefits system completely wound up so that the rule of 'survival of the fittest' is allowed to rule supreme!

The overall national mood is of course nothing like that, and that is why organisations like the BNP is continually marginalised and have a bark much louder than their bite. The overwhelming majority of the electorate voted for parties with a progressive political agenda at the last election, showing that the national mood is actually one that supports liberal [small 'l'], social democracy. Through the application of an unfair voting system and the LibDems gambling on their own principles, we have ironically ended up with a government most of us don't want.

The average UK citizen in the 21st century is less racist, homophobic and 'nationalistic' in a bigotted way, than I would say at any other time in it's history. That's why the BNP and other organisations like it are always doomed to fail.

All we need now is for mainstream national politics to catch up with that progressive mood and it will eventually, but not after a lot of kicking and screaming from the establishment which remains rooted in 1979.

Could not agree with you more Skem, I was in the pub the other week when someone started ranting about 'bloody pakis' etc. I wasn't having that and we had a right old ding dong. When it finished I expected everyone to tell me to stop making such a fuss or something, instead I got a round of applause and a drink! I was extremely touched. I knew we all get along with everyone in there, but it had never been tested before. Did my heart good (though probably not my blood pressure!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:29 am

Haha! That's brilliant Sassy. I think most people just suffer discontent racist rants as part of life; but when challenged most people agree it is wrong. Would love to have seen that Very Happy

Skemster; you are right about forums giving a skewered view! When I first arrived on Sky a year ago I was expecting the BNP to do really well in the GE. How wrong I was lol.

The problem for BNP supporters is they wont hear any argument to their mostly anti-EU anti-PC isolationist ideology. They are convinced they speak for the majority and then seem bewildered when no one votes for them, hence they shout loudest on internet forums; no one else really has as much to be upseet about.

I believe they are finished tbh. If the far-Right want to succeed they need to regroup as one party and not include anyone whose name can be put alongside the National Front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 am

eilzel wrote:Haha! That's brilliant Sassy. I think most people just suffer discontent racist rants as part of life; but when challenged most people agree it is wrong. Would love to have seen that Very Happy

Skemster; you are right about forums giving a skewered view! When I first arrived on Sky a year ago I was expecting the BNP to do really well in the GE. How wrong I was lol.

The problem for BNP supporters is they wont hear any argument to their mostly anti-EU anti-PC isolationist ideology. They are convinced they speak for the majority and then seem bewildered when no one votes for them, hence they shout loudest on internet forums; no one else really has as much to be upseet about.

I believe they are finished tbh. If the far-Right want to succeed they need to regroup as one party and not include anyone whose name can be put alongside the National Front.

Agreed Eilzel, given the views that I listen to both IRL and on the internet I was surprised to see how people voted and the government we now have.

People are obviously very pro-EU it seems after all.

We now have a government that is making cuts that hurt the poor the hardest, have reduced the housing benefit amount to under £400 isn't it, effectively forcing British people away from city centres especially London, whilst allowing new asylum families £1400 a week in benefits to live, yes, in central London I believe.

More military intervention abroad and more foreign aid, its all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:59 am

Seren wrote:

Agreed Eilzel, given the views that I listen to both IRL and on the internet I was surprised to see how people voted and the government we now have.

People are obviously very pro-EU it seems after all.

We now have a government that is making cuts that hurt the poor the hardest, have reduced the housing benefit amount to under £400 isn't it, effectively forcing British people away from city centres especially London, whilst allowing new asylum families £1400 a week in benefits to live, yes, in central London I believe.

More military intervention abroad and more foreign aid, its all good.

Laughing Is it possible to choke on your own sarcasm Seren? Laughing

I was getting more at this- the BNP fail to get votes because they turn off ethnic families and families who may have a gay son/daughter, brother/sister. They then turn off all their subsequent friends and possibly even some of their families. People don't want to vote for the BNP, so they have to put their vote elsewhere.

I think the pro/anti EU split here is probably slightly over 50/50 against but that is plucked out of the air tbh. No one want intervention where it isn't neccessary (Iraq) but may think twice on other areas (Libya). The ONLY party as I'm aware who would cut Foreign Aid is the BNP but as we just established, they have problems.

Of course the BNP will ignore the concerns of gay people, ethnic people and their friends and families; because ultimately they know best right Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Skemster wrote:

I know Victor.. that's why I qualified it with the above 'I assume from the tone of your post [local councils] is your main target' Very Happy

I beleive I'm right in this although am prepared to be corrected; do you believe PC is as rife, if not moreso, in the private sector too then?

Oh most certainly, i suspect because of the same reasons, it allows management to act like mini Stalin and order the workers lives in minute detail, at least whilst at work, and, in the private sector is suspect many would like to be able to control their workers lives OUTSIDE of the work place.....
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top