Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:17 pm


A totally dreadful thing to do. Do you condemn Israel as well?

Israelis and Palestinians Killed in the Current Violence
At least 6,430 Palestinians and 1,084 Israelis
have been killed since September 29, 2000.

Source: B'Tselem (Click chart to enlarge.)


American news reports repeatedly describe Israeli military attacks against the Palestinian population as “retaliation.” However, when one looks into the chronology of death in this conflict, the reality turns out to be quite different.

Source: B'Tselem, The Israeli Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories. (Visit their statistics page, last updated Oct. 31, 2010.)

The numbers cited above include civilians and combatants killed by members of the opposing nationality (and therefore, do not include Palestinians killed by an explosive device that they set or was on their person, Israelis killed in 'friendly fire' incidents, etc.). The numbers also do not include the sizable number of Palestinians who died as a result of inability to reach medical care due to Israeli road closures, curfews, the Israeli closure of border crossing from Gaza, etc.

The figure for Palestinian deaths is extremely conservative, since it is difficult for B'Tselem to report on deaths in the Palestinian territories. The Palestine Red Crescent Society, internationally respected for its statistical rigor, reports significantly higher numbers of Palestinian deaths. We do not doubt the reliability of their data, and only use B'Tselem's more conservative numbers because they collect data on both populations.

In the past we used the statistics provided by Israel’s military for the number of Israelis killed, but they have not updated their statistics page since early in 2006. In addition, there is reason to believe that their numbers may have been somewhat inflated.

Breakdown of Deaths Israelis Palestinians

Children Killed 124 1,452

Civilians Killed 731 3,535 - 4,226

People killed in the course of a targeted killing
1 408 or more

People who were the object of a targeted killing
1 238
People killed on own land
586 (54.1%) 6,359 (98.9%)
People killed on others' land
498 (45.9%) 71 (1.1%)


* The Palestinian people do not have a military, so the usual classification of civilian is not being used. Instead B'Tselem provides data on the number of Palestinians who did not participate in hostilities, a significantly more stringent qualification than the one used to identify Israeli civilians. We do not know how many of the Israelis listed as civilians participated in the hostilities. Many settlers who illegally have taken over parts of the West Bank (and used to live in parts of the Gaza Strip) are heavily armed and there have been numerous reports of their brutal attacks on their Palestinian neighbors.

Causes of Deaths of Israeli Soldiers
2005
Committed Suicide 30
Illness 14
Accidents 26
Terror Incidents 6

Source: Israeli newspaper Ma’ariv, Oct. 10, 2005, p. 6.
Note: The paper also reported that since 1992, 459 Israeli soldiers have committed suicide

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html#source

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:18 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

A totally dreadful thing to do. Do you condemn Israel as well?


Actually, no! Evil or Very Mad

I've always thought the Israeli's show remarkable restraint, when Hamas bomb Buses in rush-hour (killing a British woman last time) and send rockets over the border, aimed at Civilians, knowing the Military strength and hardware that they have, I'm surprised that they haven't wiped Palestine off the Map! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:51 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Actually, no! Evil or Very Mad

I've always thought the Israeli's show remarkable restraint, when Hamas bomb Buses in rush-hour (killing a British woman last time) and send rockets over the border, aimed at Civilians, knowing the Military strength and hardware that they have, I'm surprised that they haven't wiped Palestine off the Map! Twisted Evil

Restraint?!

Israel wouldn't know the meaning of the word if it was in front of them in a dictionary... The only reason Israel does not wipe the Palestinians off the map is because they know the world would come down on them hard- not so much from the west, but certainly Russia, China and the Arab States.

Israel treats Palestinians as second class citizens. Hamass, an extremist group, only got into power because the people needed someone to turn to against Israel. The country needs a proper partition and for full UN recognition of the State of Palestine.

But Israel wont have this due to some divine right they think they have as well as the support of the US. They continue to demolish homes and murder civilians based on the actions of a FEW terrorists. But then considering the treatment handed out by Israel and their reluctance to agree on a fair settlement it is no surprise tensions lead to more bombings and murders on both sides.

The ball is Israels court imo, the need a more liberal leadership. Maybe if they can manage that it will go someway to ending the bloodshed that caused so much trouble there for so long.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

Post by victorismyhero on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:05 pm

eilzel wrote:

Restraint?!

Israel wouldn't know the meaning of the word if it was in front of them in a dictionary... The only reason Israel does not wipe the Palestinians off the map is because they know the world would come down on them hard- not so much from the west, but certainly Russia, China and the Arab States.

Israel treats Palestinians as second class citizens. Hamass, an extremist group, only got into power because the people needed someone to turn to against Israel. The country needs a proper partition and for full UN recognition of the State of Palestine.

But Israel wont have this due to some divine right they think they have as well as the support of the US. They continue to demolish homes and murder civilians based on the actions of a FEW terrorists. But then considering the treatment handed out by Israel and their reluctance to agree on a fair settlement it is no surprise tensions lead to more bombings and murders on both sides.

The ball is Israels court imo, the need a more liberal leadership. Maybe if they can manage that it will go someway to ending the bloodshed that caused so much trouble there for so long.

IMO its six of one and half a dozen of the other....It would do the world a favour if they mutually blew each other clean off the face of the earth
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2597
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 pm

victorismyhero wrote:

IMO its six of one and half a dozen of the other....It would do the world a favour if they mutually blew each other clean off the face of the earth

Hi victor,

Maybe the leaders of both sides should, but I'm sure the average family on both sides just want to get on with life; I doubt it would be nice seeing millions of men, women and children wiped off the face of the earth.

I get your point though Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Teenagers 'Admit Killing Israeli Family'

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:50 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Actually, no! Evil or Very Mad

I've always thought the Israeli's show remarkable restraint, when Hamas bomb Buses in rush-hour (killing a British woman last time) and send rockets over the border, aimed at Civilians, knowing the Military strength and hardware that they have, I'm surprised that they haven't wiped Palestine off the Map! Twisted Evil

So its terrible to kill 124 children, which is certainly is, but not terrible to kill over 1000 if they happen to be Palestinian. The logic defeats me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum