Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:04 am

............................................Mr Cameron left the beleaguered libraries minister, Ed Vaizey, in no doubt over his annoyance at having to deal with the fallout of widespread libraries cuts in his own backyard. Councillors have hastily started exploring alternatives to closures.

i wonder if he will intervene in our library closures.........................................................................................................................? No i thought not







http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nimby-cameron-accused-after-his-council-halts-library-closures-2220128.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:48 am

Well he wouldn't want to upset his own voters would he. The Tories work on numbers, ignoring collateral till it gets too close for comfort Evil or Very Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am

In the age of the Internet, how long should we subsidise these dinosaurs for then? Arrow

Until no-one comes through the doors, or at what level should they close then? Arrow

If they are not being supported by the Community, then they should close. Twisted Evil

Sorry, but there are more important things to spend the money on after Liebour Bankrupted the Country! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 am

I don't think anyone can seriously debate the closure of libraries MrD; the point is why are libraries in Camerons constituency halting closures whilst the rest of the country is closing hundreds?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:25 pm

eilzel wrote:I don't think anyone can seriously debate the closure of libraries MrD; the point is why are libraries in Camerons constituency halting closures whilst the rest of the country is closing hundreds?

But of course he's going to save the one in his Constituency, he's a bloody Politician! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Well in Manchester the council are losing services which will directly affect the public and cause annoyance and retaining loads of silly non jobs.

The purpose to cause as much political annoyance. Any thoughts on that Eilzel

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:48 pm

H20 wrote:Well in Manchester the council are losing services which will directly affect the public and cause annoyance and retaining loads of silly non jobs.

The purpose to cause as much political annoyance. Any thoughts on that Eilzel

Aren't they doing the same in Liverpool as well? Question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:11 pm

H20 wrote:Well in Manchester the council are losing services which will directly affect the public and cause annoyance and retaining loads of silly non jobs.

The purpose to cause as much political annoyance. Any thoughts on that Eilzel

Councils are stuffed with greedy self-serving idiots, I'm sure part of the purpose is to cause annoyance. I don't support that and think it is a childish way to behave, it will leave the electorate with nowhere to turn.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 pm

eilzel wrote:

Councils are stuffed with greedy self-serving idiots, I'm sure part of the purpose is to cause annoyance. I don't support that and think it is a childish way to behave, it will leave the electorate with nowhere to turn.

Well on that point we are in full agreement. T he problem is inner city authorities like Manchester the left are inpregnable because of the demographics of the voters. In Manchester there would have to be some major scandal to rid the council of the hard left wingers that reside there.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 am

eilzel wrote:I don't think anyone can seriously debate the closure of libraries MrD; the point is why are libraries in Camerons constituency halting closures whilst the rest of the country is closing hundreds?

Exactly eilzel, it is hypocritical of Cameron as usual, and i hate this crap-we are all in this together!!, and Osborne claims child benefit,ffs,like he needs it eh, after telling so many earners on the £44k wage mark, they are not entitled, can you believe the nerve of him!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 pm

JOYDIVISION. wrote:

Exactly eilzel, it is hypocritical of Cameron as usual, and i hate this crap-we are all in this together!!, and Osborne claims child benefit,ffs,like he needs it eh, after telling so many earners on the £44k wage mark, they are not entitled, can you believe the nerve of him!!

Well maybe if Liebour hadn't bankrupted the Country in the 1st place and left us in a state where we have to borrow £500 MILLION A DAY, just to pay the Governments wages, we wouldn't be in this postion now! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Well maybe if Liebour hadn't bankrupted the Country in the 1st place and left us in a state where we have to borrow £500 MILLION A DAY, just to pay the Governments wages, we wouldn't be in this postion now! Twisted Evil

Maybe if the Banks hadn't gambled their way into a downward spiral the Govt wouldn't have needed to bail them out thus landing us in the proverbial frying pan we are now in Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Oh and I am aware that it is Labours fault the Banks ended up the way they did; but the Cons would have done the same and we'd still be where we are now.

Of course you will agree with all this wont you MrD Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:39 pm

eilzel wrote:

Maybe if the Banks hadn't gambled their way into a downward spiral the Govt wouldn't have needed to bail them out thus landing us in the proverbial frying pan we are now in Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Oh and I am aware that it is Labours fault the Banks ended up the way they did; but the Cons would have done the same and we'd still be where we are now.

Of course you will agree with all this wont you MrD Wink

Surprisingly, I don't! Evil or Very Mad

Liebour pissed away record Tax receipts before the Banking Crisis hit us and then bailed them out with BILLIONS of Tax Payers money, without getting ANY guarantees about Lending or Bonuses, smart move, huh! Rolling Eyes

But the biggest problem I have with the last Government, is how they flooded the Country with Immigrants, JUST to spite the Right and in doing so, gave the average man in the street, the double whammy of putting house prices beyond the reach of him and at the same time suppressing wage levels as well! Sad

No wonder they did away with the "Treason" Laws! Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Surprisingly, I don't! Evil or Very Mad

Liebour pissed away record Tax receipts before the Banking Crisis hit us and then bailed them out with BILLIONS of Tax Payers money, without getting ANY guarantees about Lending or Bonuses, smart move, huh! Rolling Eyes

But the biggest problem I have with the last Government, is how they flooded the Country with Immigrants, JUST to spite the Right and in doing so, gave the average man in the street, the double whammy of putting house prices beyond the reach of him and at the same time suppressing wage levels as well! Sad

No wonder they did away with the "Treason" Laws! Mad

BUT, the Tories would have done much the same, I'm not defending Labour here they made an absolute balls up of everything. But we would be kidding ourselves to believe things would have been better under the Cons Evil or Very Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:44 pm

eilzel wrote:

BUT, the Tories would have done much the same, I'm not defending Labour here they made an absolute balls up of everything. But we would be kidding ourselves to believe things would have been better under the Cons Evil or Very Mad

Are you seriously saying that the Tories would have flooded the Country with 4 Million immigrants in the same time scale? Question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:47 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

Are you seriously saying that the Tories would have flooded the Country with 4 Million immigrants in the same time scale? Question

Maybe not 4 millions, but still alot, and they would have had their own problems. That minimum wage you think is so low, wouldn't even exist if it was down to them.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 pm

eilzel wrote:

Maybe not 4 millions, but still alot, and they would have had their own problems. That minimum wage you think is so low, wouldn't even exist if it was down to them.

But conversely, IF we hadn't been flooded with 4 Million immigrants, we wouldn't actually need a "minimum" wage, as employers would have to pay a living wage, otherwise they wouldn't employ anyone! Evil or Very Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

But conversely, IF we hadn't been flooded with 4 Million immigrants, we wouldn't actually need a "minimum" wage, as employers would have to pay a living wage, otherwise they wouldn't employ anyone! Evil or Very Mad

There are many IFs in the world MrD. I personally think things wouldn't be all that much better or worse under the Cons but we'll never know now.

What I do see is the Cons making an absolute mess right now. No one is denying the deficit. But creating mass unemployment and removing investment from certain areas is only going to make matters worse. At least the economy grew in the last 2 quaters under Labour; we are now either flat lining or slipping back into recession.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:31 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

But conversely, IF we hadn't been flooded with 4 Million immigrants, we wouldn't actually need a "minimum" wage, as employers would have to pay a living wage, otherwise they wouldn't employ anyone! Evil or Very Mad

Do you honestly think Mr D, that if we had not had immigration employers would have been paying more money for menial jobs? The reason we had the minimum wage in the first place was because employers were paying people such low rates of pay it was criminal, and with no minimum wage there was nothing they could do about it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron accused after his council halts library closures

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:59 am

sassy1261 wrote:

Do you honestly think Mr D, that if we had not had immigration employers would have been paying more money for menial jobs? The reason we had the minimum wage in the first place was because employers were paying people such low rates of pay it was criminal, and with no minimum wage there was nothing they could do about it.

Actually sassy, yes I do! Twisted Evil

It's called "Supply and Demand" and wages levels would be a lot higher than they are now, because they'd have to be! Twisted Evil

House prices would also be lower and along with that, mortgages, rents and housing benefit payments, so it would actually pay people to go to work, instead of paying them to stay at home on the dole! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum