Girl In Stab Attack Saved By Schoolmates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Girl In Stab Attack Saved By Schoolmates

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Police have hailed the bravery of teachers, parents and pupils who intervened as a girl was repeatedly stabbed outside her school.

Chloe West, 14, suffered serious injuries to her upper body and face in the attack. She was airlifted to hospital from the scene at Ridgewood High School in the Wollaston area of Stourbridge. Police said Chloe's attacker confronted her as she approached the school gates with a friend. A number of people came to her aid, including staff, pupils and parents.

Detectives paid tribute to the bravery of those who helped Chloe, and tackled the culprit. One teacher is believed to have sat on the suspect while they waited for the police. West Midlands Police Superintendent Stuart Johnson commended their bravery in what he described would have been a "very frightening scene". "I would like to pay tribute to some very brave individuals who, without too much thought for their own safety, intervened. They showed tremendous bravery in intervening and detaining the suspect. They clearly prevented far more serious injuries to Chloe."

Chloe is conscious and her injuries are no longer thought to be life-threatening. She is expected to undergo surgery at Birmingham Children's Hospital. An 18-year-old man has been arrested. Police said he is known to the victim. Local reports suggest he is her ex-boyfriend. Chief Inspector Mark Bramwell, from Dudley police, said: "We are in the very early stages of this inquiry. However, we do believe this to be an isolated incident and wish to reassure other pupils and parents that there are not any known risks to any other individuals. Local officers and detectives will be at the scene today to speak to those with concerns, or information they wish to pass on to the investigation team.
A man is currently in police custody and will be questioned in due course." The suspect also sustained hand injuries and has been treated prior to any questioning by police officers.

Witnesses told how they saw a man drive up and leap out of a burgundy Volkswagon Polo armed with a knife. The secondary school has been closed with parents called to collect their children. It is expected to re-open as normal on Monday.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Teenage-Girl-In-Hospital-After-Being-Stabbed-At-Ridgewood-High-School-In-Stourbridge-Near-Dudley/Article/201104115964145?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15964145_Teenage_Girl_In_Hospital_After_Being_Stabbed_At_Ridgewood_High_School_In_Stourbridge_Near_Dudley

This must have been terrifying for not only Chloe but all involved Sad Thank goodness there were people there to help, the outcome could have been very different No

Back to top Go down

Re: Girl In Stab Attack Saved By Schoolmates

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Feelthelove wrote:Police have hailed the bravery of teachers, parents and pupils who intervened as a girl was repeatedly stabbed outside her school.

Chloe West, 14, suffered serious injuries to her upper body and face in the attack. She was airlifted to hospital from the scene at Ridgewood High School in the Wollaston area of Stourbridge. Police said Chloe's attacker confronted her as she approached the school gates with a friend. A number of people came to her aid, including staff, pupils and parents.

Detectives paid tribute to the bravery of those who helped Chloe, and tackled the culprit. One teacher is believed to have sat on the suspect while they waited for the police. West Midlands Police Superintendent Stuart Johnson commended their bravery in what he described would have been a "very frightening scene". "I would like to pay tribute to some very brave individuals who, without too much thought for their own safety, intervened. They showed tremendous bravery in intervening and detaining the suspect. They clearly prevented far more serious injuries to Chloe."

Chloe is conscious and her injuries are no longer thought to be life-threatening. She is expected to undergo surgery at Birmingham Children's Hospital. An 18-year-old man has been arrested. Police said he is known to the victim. Local reports suggest he is her ex-boyfriend. Chief Inspector Mark Bramwell, from Dudley police, said: "We are in the very early stages of this inquiry. However, we do believe this to be an isolated incident and wish to reassure other pupils and parents that there are not any known risks to any other individuals. Local officers and detectives will be at the scene today to speak to those with concerns, or information they wish to pass on to the investigation team.
A man is currently in police custody and will be questioned in due course." The suspect also sustained hand injuries and has been treated prior to any questioning by police officers.

Witnesses told how they saw a man drive up and leap out of a burgundy Volkswagon Polo armed with a knife. The secondary school has been closed with parents called to collect their children. It is expected to re-open as normal on Monday.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Teenage-Girl-In-Hospital-After-Being-Stabbed-At-Ridgewood-High-School-In-Stourbridge-Near-Dudley/Article/201104115964145?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15964145_Teenage_Girl_In_Hospital_After_Being_Stabbed_At_Ridgewood_High_School_In_Stourbridge_Near_Dudley

This must have been terrifying for not only Chloe but all involved Sad Thank goodness there were people there to help, the outcome could have been very different No

Is this the one that they have said is the 18 year old ex boyfriend. What the hell are her parents doing letting her go out with an 18 year old? That apart, the friends and teachers were brilliant, could have had a much different ending.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:06 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Is this the one that they have said is the 18 year old ex boyfriend. What the hell are her parents doing letting her go out with an 18 year old? That apart, the friends and teachers were brilliant, could have had a much different ending.

Yes I thought that too Sassy and then I remembered what a nightmare I was as a teenager and took a step back affraid

The parents might not have been aware, the details are sketchy at the moment Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Yes I thought that too Sassy and then I remembered what a nightmare I was as a teenager and took a step back affraid

The parents might not have been aware, the details are sketchy at the moment Sad

Very true, I'm lucky, my grandaughter is 17 in June and gorgeous, but she has such a head on her shoulders and knows exactly what she wants to do in life and works like a little trojan. She has had her share of boyfriends but totally refuses to get serious and they get the heave ho if they interrupt her plans!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm

That's nice to hear sassy, you must be so proud of her sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm

molly wrote:That's nice to hear sassy, you must be so proud of her sunny

Sure am, she's a credit to her Mum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Sure am, she's a credit to her Mum!

And to her Grandma I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Bet these same cops and media were the ones who always pay out on young people, "worst generation ever, useless and worthless etc"

I refuse to watch the stations that give voice to such appalling comments

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top