Tories to write off vetting scheme....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:23 am

Must this most vital of services needed to protect our children be thrown on the scrap heap?, to save money, of all reasons.
Money should not come into the equasion on such matters, this is our children's safety we are talking of, not trying to save a few quid at Tesco.

I said it before, when i gained my taxi badge, i had to go through a disclosure Scotland act, and too right, i or anyone else, could be anyone.
Im sure most decent parents would want to know if anyone driving their kids to school or whatever, had any serious convictions.
Now, many try to justify what Cameron is doing, but it would be a different story im sure if something bad happened to their kids, at the hands of some unchecked lunatic.

As for being demeaning, i do not buy that, everyone working with children should understand the need for vetting, so if all folk working with kids are vetted, how can that be demeaning?, especially if one has nothing to hide.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Is there no real understanding in the mind of the Socialist that we have run out of money. Every single day we have to borrow £500 million to pay the heating lighting rent and wages bill. The interest on the current debt is around £45,000,000,000 per annum and rising. That is with interest rates as low as they are.

If we don't cut we will be made to by outside forces like the IMF. We can only carry on spending if people will lend to us. If they perceive we are doing a Greece the tap will dry up. Labour pretend we can carry on spending to try and regain power. In truth they would have to cut just as fast.

Ed Balls can pontificate all he likes it is the money markets who will have the last say.


Last edited by Newguy on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Yeah, Bankrupt the Country and then blame the ConDems for the cuts! Rolling Eyes

Deficit Deniers! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm

MrDoodles wrote:Yeah, Bankrupt the Country and then blame the ConDems for the cuts! Rolling Eyes

Deficit Deniers! Twisted Evil

no doodles, i know cuts are needed, but this is a vital service which protects children, i have 4 very young kids myself, money should be syphoned from otherless important things, money should not come before children,s health, that is wrong, god forbid any children come to harm because of this.

perhaps some money from the olympics fund can be invested into this much needed service to protect children.

i hope, but very much doubt mr.cameron gives it more thought, while tucking into his free and prepared lunch around the dinner table with his own family.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:32 pm

JOYDIVISION. wrote:

no doodles, i know cuts are needed, but this is a vital service which protects children, i have 4 very young kids myself, money should be syphoned from otherless important things, money should not come before children,s health, that is wrong, god forbid any children come to harm because of this.

perhaps some money from the olympics fund can be invested into this much needed service to protect children.

i hope, but very much doubt mr.cameron gives it more thought, while tucking into his free and prepared lunch around the dinner table with his own

family.

How about we remove senior well paid posts from govt both central and local for Gay Liason Lesbian outreach. Asian matters support officers.

Local govt are busy cutting real support jobs like you have outlined and keeping the PC jobs.

Thats Labour councils for you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 pm

For a taxi driver who might well be alone in his cab with children to be subject to vetting is not unreasonable. For a former Archbishop of Canterbury (Lord Carey) to be compulsorily vetted before giving a talk to a group of schoolkids was absolutely ridiculous, as was the case of the ladies' group of cathedral flower arrangers who resigned en masse rather than face the humiliation of a criminal vetting procedure because "children might be watching them at work."

The coalition is absolutely correct in getting rid of this particular piece of politically correct left wing lunacy. Let's hope they take the axe to a lot more of it.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:07 am

IPSISSIMUS wrote:For a taxi driver who might well be alone in his cab with children to be subject to vetting is not unreasonable. For a former Archbishop of Canterbury (Lord Carey) to be compulsorily vetted before giving a talk to a group of schoolkids was absolutely ridiculous, as was the case of the ladies' group of cathedral flower arrangers who resigned en masse rather than face the humiliation of a criminal vetting procedure because "children might be watching them at work."

The coalition is absolutely correct in getting rid of this particular piece of politically correct left wing lunacy. Let's hope they take the axe to a lot more of it.


So, are you saying that women of a church can pose no danger to children then?, all adults regardless of gender, age, colour etc, need to be vetted, do you know exactly what the average child perv looks like? i would love to know to keep my kids safe.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:15 pm

JOYDIVISION. wrote:

So, are you saying that women of a church can pose no danger to children then?, all adults regardless of gender, age, colour etc, need to be vetted, do you know exactly what the average child perv looks like? i would love to know to keep my kids safe.

What utter and arrant nonsense. It was never anything more that state sponsored paranoia based on the old Eastern European Socialist concept that everyone must be guilty of something and had to be regarded as being guilty of everything until they could prove otherwise to the satisfaction of the state machine.

The vetting scheme operated on the assumption that anyone who had even the most passing contact with a child - including the former head of the world Anglican Church and a group of lady volunteer flower arrangers at Gloucester Cathedral - should be regarded as potential paedophiles and should be forced to submit to intrusive, insulting and demeaning criminal checks to prove that they were not.

Church bell ringers, SJAB volunteers and even fathers who drove their friends' children to weekend football matches found themselves caught up in the regulations.

So much for the centuries old legal principle of "innocent until proved guilty."

The whole issue made about as much sense as assuming that everyone who walked past a house was a potential burglar or every man who passed close to a woman in the street was a potential rapist, and was more to do with the institutional control freakery of the last government than anything else.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:23 pm

IPSISSIMUS wrote:

What utter and arrant nonsense. It was never anything more that state sponsored paranoia based on the old Eastern European Socialist concept that everyone must be guilty of something and had to be regarded as being guilty of everything until they could prove otherwise to the satisfaction of the state machine.

The vetting scheme operated on the assumption that anyone who had even the most passing contact with a child - including the former head of the world Anglican Church and a group of lady volunteer flower arrangers at Gloucester Cathedral - should be regarded as potential paedophiles and should be forced to submit to intrusive, insulting and demeaning criminal checks to prove that they were not.

Church bell ringers, SJAB volunteers and even fathers who drove their friends' children to weekend football matches found themselves caught up in the regulations.

So much for the centuries old legal principle of "innocent until proved guilty."

The whole issue made about as much sense as assuming that everyone who walked past a house was a potential burglar or every man who passed close to a woman in the street was a potential rapist, and was more to do with the institutional control freakery of the last government than anything else.


No, it is not nonsense, it is protecting children, if folk have done nothing wrong to children in the past, then they have nothing to fear.

And as for innocent till proven guilty, that still stands.Everyone working with children should be checked, even if they are parents themselves.
I would say in all honesty, those opposed to this, themselves raise suspicion, like i said, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Whatever way you say it, it still just sounds like you are trying to find reasons to justify opposing it.

Even if my neighbour worked with kids, i would still much rather their background was checked, please dont tell me im in the wrong for wanting to protect my children, and all other children.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:45 pm

JOYDIVISION. wrote:

No, it is not nonsense, it is protecting children, if folk have done nothing wrong to children in the past, then they have nothing to fear.

And as for innocent till proven guilty, that still stands.Everyone working with children should be checked, even if they are parents themselves.
I would say in all honesty, those opposed to this, themselves raise suspicion, like i said, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Whatever way you say it, it still just sounds like you are trying to find reasons to justify opposing it.

Even if my neighbour worked with kids, i would still much rather their background was checked, please dont tell me im in the wrong for wanting to protect my children, and all other children.

Poppycock! Are you saying that because I and many others were always opposed to this ridiculously over-reactive and typically New Labour Big Brother policy we are "raising suspicion" about our own intentions towards and treatment of children? That is the sort of gratuitously insulting rubbish that I would expect from a party whose deputy leader is the deranged, public school educated and self-appointed leveller Harriet Harman and whose leaders Blair and Brown were recognised as the most rampant control freaks in generations.

Every decent person wishes to protect their own and other children and it is equally insulting to attempt to suggest that those of us who refuse to submit to police state tactics involving intrusive mass surveillance and state vetting and control based on the postulations of dictators and despots that "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" do not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:36 pm

IPSISSIMUS wrote:

Poppycock! Are you saying that because I and many others were always opposed to this ridiculously over-reactive and typically New Labour Big Brother policy we are "raising suspicion" about our own intentions towards and treatment of children? That is the sort of gratuitously insulting rubbish that I would expect from a party whose deputy leader is the deranged, public school educated and self-appointed leveller Harriet Harman and whose leaders Blair and Brown were recognised as the most rampant control freaks in generations.

Every decent person wishes to protect their own and other children and it is equally insulting to attempt to suggest that those of us who refuse to submit to police state tactics involving intrusive mass surveillance and state vetting and control based on the postulations of dictators and despots that "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" do not.

Well, personally, this is my belief, like i said, i had absolutely no problem with my disclosure Scotland vetting, and quite right. I would certainly not say my disclosure Scotland checks etc, were "intrusive mass surveilance", far from it.

It will always be my opinion and belief that if one has nothing to hide, then why the fear?, it makes no sense.

Others, who act "incensed", can be using a diversionary tactic from the issue of being vetted.

Like i say, it makes no sense to be incensed or fearful if one has nothing to hide, and surely all decent and caring parents, can and will understand this.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:39 pm

JOYDIVISION. wrote:

Well, personally, this is my belief, like i said, i had absolutely no problem with my disclosure Scotland vetting, and quite right. I would certainly not say my disclosure Scotland checks etc, were "intrusive mass surveilance", far from it.

It will always be my opinion and belief that if one has nothing to hide, then why the fear?, it makes no sense.

Others, who act "incensed", can be using a diversionary tactic from the issue of being vetted.

Like i say, it makes no sense to be incensed or fearful if one has nothing to hide, and surely all decent and caring parents, can and will understand this.

You were a cab driver and criminal records vetting was a sensible precaution, indeed requirement, given that you were bound on occasions to be alone in your vehicle with people of all ages including the young, some of whom might have been regarded as vulnerable.

That is a far cry from the intrusive mass vetting and surveillance and presumed paedophilia of people whose association with children was likely to be nothing more than casual...possibly even no more than going into a classroom to talk to them, as in the case of Lord Carey, or being watched as they arranged bunches of flowers, as in the case of the ladies of Gloucester Cathedral.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:21 pm

IPSISSIMUS wrote:

You were a cab driver and criminal records vetting was a sensible precaution, indeed requirement, given that you were bound on occasions to be alone in your vehicle with people of all ages including the young, some of whom might have been regarded as vulnerable.

That is a far cry from the intrusive mass vetting and surveillance and presumed paedophilia of people whose association with children was likely to be nothing more than casual...possibly even no more than going into a classroom to talk to them, as in the case of Lord Carey, or being watched as they arranged bunches of flowers, as in the case of the ladies of Gloucester Cathedral.


Anyone from any background, can and sometimes do abuse children, it only takes a minute to ruin a kids life.

Lords, flower arranger's, females and bishop's are no exception.

What about Melissa George, the sicko kid perv, and many of the church miniters and priests we hear of?

Like i asked, can u you tell emwaht the average child perv looks like?, cos i have no answer to that.
And on that basis alone-EVERYBODY should be vetted to protect our kids, even the queen.

Can you GUARANTEE bishops and female flower arrangers will NOT abuse a child?

And even in the presence of others, the situation may arise when say- a teacher has to leave the class for a moment, and the assistant has to take over, anything can happen then.

There are far more reasons to vet people than not to, that is the truth, despite what anyone says.

like i said, people opposing the vetting scheme look suspicious, for what good reason would they oppose that??????

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tories to write off vetting scheme....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum