the People's fury unleashed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the People's fury unleashed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:06 am

The people of my state, New South Wales, have delivered an astonishing thrashing to what was the ruling Labor party. They held 52 of 93 lower house seats before the election... now they've lost a staggering 38 seats to hold just 13 [you need 10 to be an official party]. This is the worst result for an Australian Labor party in 110 years.

I'm a leftist myself as is well known to you all, but I will be shedding no tears over the loss of easily the worst government- of any stripe- this country has ever seen. Get out! Evil or Very Mad and stay out Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: the People's fury unleashed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:11 am

John wrote:The people of my state, New South Wales, have delivered an astonishing thrashing to what was the ruling Labor party. They held 52 of 93 lower house seats before the election... now they've lost a staggering 38 seats to hold just 13 [you need 10 to be an official party]. This is the worst result for an Australian Labor party in 110 years.

I'm a leftist myself as is well known to you all, but I will be shedding no tears over the loss of easily the worst government- of any stripe- this country has ever seen. Get out! Evil or Very Mad and stay out Twisted Evil

Wow. Didn't the Labor party only just win the General Election over there? What has changed so fast?

I'm afraid I'm not at all well up on Aussie politics- is there another major Left Wing party over there for you to turn to?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: the People's fury unleashed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:20 am

The Labor party [in Sydney, not Canberra] stuffed up the sale of some power companies. Rather than face tough questions, the [EX!]Premier simply, like King George, disbanded the Parliament and sent everyone home several months early!

The only other major party on the left are the Greens. While I disapprove of their... legalistic, authoritarian approach in some matters, when Labor does things like this, they're really the only viable option for leftists.

The tories like to bang on about how Labor is trampling our ancient constitutional rights. In this case, they were right.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: the People's fury unleashed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 am

eilzel wrote:

Wow. Didn't the Labor party only just win the General Election over there? What has changed so fast?

I'm afraid I'm not at all well up on Aussie politics- is there another major Left Wing party over there for you to turn to?

This may help you eilzel! Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Australia

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: the People's fury unleashed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 am

MrDoodles wrote:

This may help you eilzel! Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Australia

Thanks MrD Smile

God you guys have even less choice than we do Neutral

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: the People's fury unleashed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:35 am

There used to be a centrist party, the Democrats, but they lost favor with their own, limited support base and got wiped off the map.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: the People's fury unleashed

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:39 pm

John wrote:There used to be a centrist party, the Democrats, but they lost favor with their own, limited support base and got wiped off the map.

Oh Heck, can see why they lost though, thing is, you Aussies won't put up with rubbish from anyone! And a good job too! Does pose problems though when you don't agree with the other lot either. (Come to think of it, I can't think of a party I agree wholeheartedly with).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum