Vatian says critics of gays are under attack!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vatian says critics of gays are under attack!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:51 am

GENEVA (Reuters) - People who criticise gay sexual relations for religious or moral reasons are increasingly being attacked and vilified for their views, a Vatican diplomat told the United Nations Human Rights Council on Tuesday.

Archbishop Silvano Tomasi said the Roman Catholic Church deeply believed that human sexuality was a gift reserved for married heterosexual couples. But those who express these views are faced with "a disturbing trend," he said.

"People are being attacked for taking positions that do not support sexual behaviour between people of the same sex," he told the current session of the Human Rights Council.

"When they express their moral beliefs or beliefs about human nature ... they are stigmatised, and worse -- they are vilified, and prosecuted.

"These attacks are violations of fundamental human rights and cannot be justified under any circumstances," Tomasi said.

Yes they can. You want to critisize and discriminate against gays based on books with no factual basis- we don't need such complication me thinks Evil or Very Mad

Question: If sexuality was a gift reserved for married heterosexual couples then- 1) How did our prehistoric ancestors get away with getting down and dirty when marriage didn't exist? And 2) Why on earth did God make people gay to start with?

Oh you have to laugh at these crybaby fundies at times Laughing

Back to top Go down

Re: Vatian says critics of gays are under attack!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:28 am

Catholics do like to meddle in people's sexuality Eilzel, they just can't help themselves.

Thank your lucky stars that you're just gay and not a woman because they have a whole load of different sneers to aim at us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:48 am

Seren wrote:Catholics do like to meddle in people's sexuality Eilzel, they just can't help themselves.

Thank your lucky stars that you're just gay and not a woman because they have a whole load of different sneers to aim at us.

The upper echolons on the Catholic Church seem to fear women as much as gays, and there are far more of you Very Happy

One day I think there will be breakthrough on both fronts and that will be the beginning of the end of the influence of the church. For me the day couldn't come soon enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 pm

eilzel wrote:

The upper echolons on the Catholic Church seem to fear women as much as gays, and there are far more of you Very Happy

One day I think there will be breakthrough on both fronts and that will be the beginning of the end of the influence of the church. For me the day couldn't come soon enough

Thank goodness they are under attack! Coming from a religion that moved the paedophile priests around so they could not be prosecuted, I think they have a bloody cheek!

Back to top Go down

Post by victorismyhero on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:18 pm

quote ""People are being attacked for taking positions that do not support sexual behaviour between people of the same sex," he told the current session of the Human Rights Council."" unquote

No they are not, they are being attacked because they take positions that in themselves attack the rights and freedoms of gay folk.

victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top