Founder of Childline loses her job at ITV amid claims...of BULLYING

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Founder of Childline loses her job at ITV amid claims...of BULLYING

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm

A senior ITV executive who helped launch the children’s charity Childline has lost her job amid allegations she bullied junior members of staff.
Sarah Caplin, 55, wife of former Crimewatch host Nick Ross, set up the helpline with her cousin Esther Rantzen 25 years ago. But now she is to leave her high-profile TV job, where she is head of features and factual entertainment, as part of a ‘strategic shake-up’.

Her departure from the programme-making arm ITV Studios comes a year after the arrival of former Royal Mail chief executive Adam Crozier, who is trying to revive the company’s flagging fortunes. He is known for his tough approach towards workplace bullying.

Last night ITV insisted that Caplin was leaving by ‘mutual consent’ as part of an ‘ongoing creative renewal’. However, sources claimed that her departure was not as amicable as TV chiefs claimed.

‘Two members of her team complained about her behaviour towards them,’ one source said. ‘The complaint initially went to human resources but when the complainants wanted to take it further, it went all the way to the top. They opened Sarah Caplin’s file and discovered that there had been many complaints about her over the years that hadn’t been pursued, especially from junior members of staff who accused her of bullying them. But there is a now a new approach at ITV and it was felt that Sarah’s behaviour could not be ignored.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368007/Founder-Childline-loses-job-ITV-amid-claims--BULLYING.html#ixzz1HANUMPw3

Bullying at work is totally unacceptable and tough action should be taken against those who abuse their authority. In my personal experience I've found women bosses can be a nightmare on ocassions (sorry, I know I am a woman but I'm being honest Embarassed )

Back to top Go down

Re: Founder of Childline loses her job at ITV amid claims...of BULLYING

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Sexist! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:26 pm

MrDoodles wrote:Sexist! lol!

Hey Mr Doodles I love you x Sorry but sadly it's true, some women, like some men are not meant to be in management Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

Hey Mr Doodles I love you x Sorry but sadly it's true, some women, like some men are not meant to be in management Sad

As you found out last week! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Feelthelove wrote:

I quite agree, I'm all for woman being able to do anything, but some women and so out to prove they are up for the job that they turn into bullying parodies of themselves. I actually thought Maggie Thatcher was a good instance of that, she wanted to be Churchill, or the Queen, she was not sure which and good at neither.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top