The abandoned newborn girl found wrapped in a blanket and placed in a plastic bag

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The abandoned newborn girl found wrapped in a blanket and placed in a plastic bag

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:50 pm

A newborn girl, wrapped in blanket and placed in a plastic bag, has been found abandoned on the doorstep of a village home.The baby, believed to be between one and five days old, was discovered in Stotfold, Bedfordshire, by a homeowner at around 9pm last night. Police were called and house to house inquiries were then carried out in the area to try and find the child's mother.

The baby, who was fit and well, was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage where she is being cared for. She has been placed in the care of Social Services until her mother can be traced.

Bedfordshire police are appealing for her to come forward. Detective Inspector Jerry Waite, from the Public Protection Unit, who is leading the inquiry, said:

'The baby is safe and well so our priority now is to find her mother. She must have been under great personal pressure in order to have felt she had no choice but to abandon her child. I would like to reassure her that our concern is for her wellbeing. She may need medical attention and will clearly be distressed so if she, or anyone who knows her, can tell us where she is please contact the police.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367136/Newborn-baby-girl-abandoned-strangers-doorstep.html#ixzz1Gs8uBnln



It doesn't matter how many times I read stories like this one, it upsets me Sad In this day and age why are mothers still so desperate that they have to abandon their children No

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The abandoned newborn girl found wrapped in a blanket and placed in a plastic bag

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Feelthelove wrote:It doesn't matter how many times I read stories like this one, it upsets me Sad In this day and age why are mothers still so desperate that they have to abandon their children No

FTL, without knowing the full circumstances, it's hard to pass judgement on this! Twisted Evil

The girl could be under age, been raped, or a victim of incest, whatever it was I'm sure the decision wasn't made lightly and will regret it, for the rest of her life! Sad

At least the baby was left somewhere where it was found quickly and has survived, unlike some! Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The abandoned newborn girl found wrapped in a blanket and placed in a plastic bag

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:13 pm

MrDoodles wrote:

FTL, without knowing the full circumstances, it's hard to pass judgement on this! Twisted Evil

The girl could be under age, been raped, or a victim of incest, whatever it was I'm sure the decision wasn't made lightly and will regret it, for the rest of her life! Sad

At least the baby was left somewhere where it was found quickly and has survived, unlike some! Sad

Hey Mr Doodles I love you x

I'm not judging the girl, I would never do that Sad Until you've walked in someone elses shoes..........

I'm sad that now, in 2011, she didn't feel she could get support and understanding from at least someone she knew or an organisation who could help Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The abandoned newborn girl found wrapped in a blanket and placed in a plastic bag

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:59 am

Imagine the fear the mother went through for nine months then giving birth on her own, no pain relief or anyone to hold her hand. Crying or Very sad

It is such a shame she has no one in her life she felt she could confide in and expect some support from. No

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The abandoned newborn girl found wrapped in a blanket and placed in a plastic bag

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am

molly wrote:Imagine the fear the mother went through for nine months then giving birth on her own, no pain relief or anyone to hold her hand. Crying or Very sad

It is such a shame she has no one in her life she felt she could confide in and expect some support from. No

Heatbreaking Molly, I couldn't imagine Sad x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The abandoned newborn girl found wrapped in a blanket and placed in a plastic bag

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum