GARDEING: big or small - container vs plot of land, what's your pleasure

Go down

GARDEING: big or small - container vs plot of land, what's your pleasure

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm getting the 'ITCH' to get out and dig in the dirt.  And my annual seed & landscape catalogs have started to arrive in the mail.  I sure fire mood lifter and mental distraction for 'Spring'.

But I've struggled with our cycle changes making planting a 'IFFY' proposition and when's the optimum time to plant fragile crops in hopes that 'Mother Nature' won't allow 'Ole Man Winter' a surprise visit.
The last couple of years it's been a question of when to plant my beloved choices of tomatoes and dealing with those horrid monsoon rains that seem to last for 2 months. 

We are currently in another DROUGHT - High Fire Warning stage right now.  It's been since Sept. when we had any decent rainfall and our snow fall hasn't amounted to anything that helps with this drought.  But frigid cold snaps after days of mid 60's or 70's and then more severe cold snaps! 

No wonder we've got such a horrible flu season running ramped.
Aspca4ever

Back to top Go down

Re: GARDEING: big or small - container vs plot of land, what's your pleasure

Post by Sassy on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Can't do anything overhere at the moment, but like you, I love looking at the gardening catalogues and planning. Allotment went a bit to pot last year because of OH's cancer, but we are starting planning for this year.
Sassy

Back to top Go down