Donald Trump tells grieving widow of US soldier 'he knew what he signed up for' minutes before she wept over coffin

Go down

Donald Trump tells grieving widow of US soldier 'he knew what he signed up for' minutes before she wept over coffin

Post by Sassy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 am

Lance Sergeant David Johnson among four Green Berets killed in Niger by Islamist militants

Donald Trump told the widow of a US soldier killed in Niger “he knew what he signed up for” before she wept over his coffin, according to a congresswoman.

Lance Sergeant David Johnson was among four Green Berets killed when their patrol was ambushed by Islamist militants in the African country.

Myesha Johnson was riding in a limousine with her family to meet the casket at Miami International Airport when Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, who was travelling with the family, overheard a phone call from the President.

Speaking to CNN, Ms Wilson said: "Basically he said, 'Well I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurts’.”

"I heard what he said because the phone was on speaker."

The Florida Representative said the mother-of-two, who had just been told her husband’s casket would be closed for the funeral, was already having “nightmares” over “how his body must look”.

“Everyone knows when you go to war you could possibly not come back alive, but you don't remind a grieving widow of that. That is so insensitive. So insensitive,” Ms Wilson had earlier told WPLG.

Mr Trump has been criticised for his lack of a response to the deaths of military personnel in Niger on 4 October.

Asked on Monday at a press conference why he had not publicly spoken about the issue, the President falsely accused Barack Obama of failing to make phone calls to fallen soldiers’ families.

“The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls,” he said.

The Independent has contacted the White House for comment, but a spokesperson for the administration told CNN: “The President's conversations with the families of American heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice are private."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-widow-soldier-coffin-he-knew-what-he-signed-up-for-president-green-beret-niger-coffin-a8006196.html

FGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Re: Donald Trump tells grieving widow of US soldier 'he knew what he signed up for' minutes before she wept over coffin

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Speaking to CNN, Ms Wilson said: "Basically he said, 'Well I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurts’.”

The Florida Representative said the mother-of-two, who had just been told her husband’s casket would be closed for the funeral, was already having “nightmares” over “how his body must look”.
“Everyone knows when you go to war you could possibly not come back alive, but you don't remind a grieving widow of that. That is so insensitive. So insensitive,” Ms Wilson had earlier told WPLG.

At no other time in my 60+ yrs of breathing have I 'feared for my country' ...I no longer feel safe - I no longer am able to remain mute to this continued onslaught of vile/mentally disturbing insanity that is over flowing out of our oval office! 
Not only is this 'Agent Orange' engaged in more verbal attacks upon former POTUS's he's pulled into the fray his WH Chief of Staff Gen. Kelly's lass of his military son in 2010.  Despite Retired Gen. Kelly's telling him repeatedly that I don't want anyone using my son's DEATH FOR THEIR OWN POLITICAL SPIN! 
How that honorable Re.Gen. Kelly can stand upright beside that blubberous/vile/mental midget and not take him down and strangle the 'Agent Orange' rat bastard is beyond me!  Evil or Very Mad
Aspca4ever

Back to top Go down

Re: Donald Trump tells grieving widow of US soldier 'he knew what he signed up for' minutes before she wept over coffin

Post by Shady2 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Fake news according to the president.He denies saying it.
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:

At no other time in my 60+ yrs of breathing have I 'feared for my country' ...I no longer feel safe - I no longer am able to remain mute to this continued onslaught of vile/mentally disturbing insanity that is over flowing out of our oval office! 
Not only is this 'Agent Orange' engaged in more verbal attacks upon former POTUS's he's pulled into the fray his WH Chief of Staff Gen. Kelly's lass of his military son in 2010.  Despite Retired Gen. Kelly's telling him repeatedly that I don't want anyone using my son's DEATH FOR THEIR OWN POLITICAL SPIN! 
How that honorable Re.Gen. Kelly can stand upright beside that blubberous/vile/mental midget and not take him down and strangle the 'Agent Orange' rat bastard is beyond me!  Evil or Very Mad

He has something seriously wrong with him and it's terrifying to think that a world power is being led by someone who is totally round the fucking bend.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Shady2 wrote:Fake news according to the president.He denies saying it.
Of course ...that is his standard operating procedure; say something so heinously ignorant and then DENY it and send his Press Sec. out to unwind the Fuck Up Statement!

But just a little back ground on all of this, that limo was provided by the Sen. Wilson; in the limo was Rep. Wilson, an Army Chaplin - Aunt & Uncle that had raised Sgt. LaDavid Johnson & his siblings and they had been advised that the president would be calling and the Army Chaplin had just told Myeshia that 'there's no way that there could be an open viewing of his remains, it would have to be a CLOSED CASKET service!'  She was crushed!

Rep. Frederica Wilson said she was with Myeshia Johnson in a car headed to Miami International Airport Tuesday afternoon to meet the body of Johnson's late husband, Army Sgt. La David T. Johnson, who died in Africa this month, when the president called.
******edited
"I'm not trying to prove anything with the president,” Wilson said in an interview with CNN this morning. “So the president evidently is lying.
“Because what I said is true. I have no reason to lie on the president of the United States. With a dead soldier in my community. I have no time. I have no motive.”
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-denies-telling-widow-fallen-soldier-knew-signed/story?id=50549664
So not only was 'Agent Oranges' remarks extremely crude and highly inappropriate ...he never once referred to Sgt. La David Johnson by his name and kept calling him 'Your Guy'!!!  Didn't call him a 'HERO' didn't acknowledge his years of service - his loss of his parents when he was just 5 years old - having been raised by his 'Aunt & Uncle' - never in any trouble - excelled in school --- NOTHING!  
And how do we know all of this back story ???  because these kids - his siblings are in a mentoring program that Rep. Wilson started & funds and these people are from her area, where she grew up and she's known them since their parents died.  She's well vested in their past - their present - their future, and was a principle in their school when they were still very young! 

Yes, Rep. Wilson has no need to fabricate what went down in her LIMO, when that poor hurting pregnant mother was dealing with the shock & horror of her dead husband, couldn't hold that cell phone and it had to be held for her and was placed on speaker phone so she could hear what that FUCK-WIT was saying!  
Aspca4ever

Back to top Go down

Oh, this Pandora's Box has been blown WIDE OPEN~~~

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Grieving military families speak out:
Trump actually never called us
Posted By: S Nicholson October 18, 2017
President Donald Trump has claimed that he has called the families of all the soldiers who have been killed since his presidency began, and used the deaths of four soldiers in an ambush in Niger to spread lies about former President Barack Obama.

But now, according to an AP News report, gold star families are coming forward to say that either Trump never called them or made contact very late, poking holes in his narrative of contacting every family — and being the only president to do so.

Given that both presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush didn’t reach out to every single family personally — they also each had hundreds of war dead each month to contend with, compared to around 28 or so for Trump — this shouldn’t be that big of a deal. But after being criticized for playing golf and tweeting about the NFL protests for nearly two weeks before commenting on the four deaths in Niger, Trump had to politicize the matter.

“If you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls,” Trump said this week in response to the criticism. “I like to call when it’s appropriate, when I am able to do it.”
It’s well documented that President Obama called, wrote and visited families of fallen soldiers, and even greeted the bodies as they returned to American soil. The AP reported Bush’s spokesman saying that Bush wrote to each family, and called or met with many of them, despite having consecutive years of his presidency where more than 800 servicemembers were killed.
Trump even doubled down on that “whataboutism” and remarked that reporters should ask his chief of staff, General John Kelly, if he had received a call from Obama after his son was killed in Afghanistan in 2010.
Trump makes no mention of the fact that Kelly’s son was among 496 American servicemembers killed in Afghanistan alone that year.
http://reverepress.com/news/grieving-military-families-speak-trump-actually-never-called-us/
What seems to be at the heart of our 'King of Tweet' ability to lie & keep lying is his failure to ever have to ANSWER for his lack of immaturity and falsehoods! 
He's like the compulsive liar - 'always yelling wolf' and enjoying the mass confusion/hysteria such behavior creates and then plays off another 'COY' ..."it's fake news - I didn't really mean that - I didn't say that!" And send his minions out to clean up the shit-fest his vile verbiage has created.
Aspca4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 pm

He is undoubtedly the biggest fuckerty fuckwit to end all fuckwits!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Sassy wrote:He is undoubtedly the biggest fuckerty fuckwit to end all fuckwits!!!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yipper, pretty much that's his persona! 
Aspca4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down