Children in our county being short changed in their education.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Children in our county being short changed in their education.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm

School children in West Lothian are to receive only 8 days schooling during the whole month of April. Disgraceful!!. Teachers holidays, in service days for teachers, election day, royal wedding day, etc. When does the kids education come first?. Needless to say we are lumbered with a Nu Liebour MP.

Back to top Go down

Re: Children in our county being short changed in their education.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:18 pm

I have zero faith in my daughter's education at school. I am resigned to knowing that I will have to teach her most stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Seren wrote:I have zero faith in my daughter's education at school. I am resigned to knowing that I will have to teach her most stuff.

Sadly, many of my friends with children are saying the same thing Sad

They are basically buying the books, learning the subjects themselves and teaching their children at home. This is at all levels of education including GCSE's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Well I've spent an hour today discussing Japan and the situation there and had an impromptu lesson on nuclear reactors as a result of that - thank god for youtube Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Seren wrote:Well I've spent an hour today discussing Japan and the situation there and had an impromptu lesson on nuclear reactors as a result of that - thank god for youtube Very Happy

You sound like a great Mum Seren, the best kind, time is so precious. Every second you invest makes a difference x I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:07 pm

I merely am replicating what my parents did for me, I can honestly say that apart from the sixth form, I learnt more from them about my planet than I did from school.

I was allowed to stay up as a treat to watch things like ballet and classical music as they thought it cultural, but never for some trashy movie. I'm not saying I always appreciated it at the time but I value it now.

I enjoy teaching my child about everything I can and we even did some experiments today that demonstrated potential and kinetic energy which I found fun myself.

I read somewhere a quote which goes like, give me a child until 7 and I will give you the finished adult, or something like that. In many ways I believe this.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top