With regard to PMs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

With regard to PMs.

Post by Sassy on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am

Anyone shown to be using this facility to post abuse will be instantly banned.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1794
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Jules. on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 pm

In case anyone was wondering what this thread is all about, I mentioned to sassy that I had received an unwanted, unpleasant PM from another member here. It's the first unpleasant PM I have ever received from anyone, anywhere   - and I want it to be the very last cos I will never put up with that sort of snidy nonsense.


I did not suggest or recommend a ban, in fact I did not mention bans at all. It is up to sassy to decide for herself how to discipline rule breakers.

Thanks sassy. I will pop in later this week to look at a few threads. xx

Jules.
Forum Member

Posts : 24
Join date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Philagain48 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Jules. wrote:In case anyone was wondering what this thread is all about, I mentioned to sassy that I had received an unwanted, unpleasant PM from another member here. It's the first unpleasant PM I have ever received from anyone, anywhere   - and I want it to be the very last cos I will never put up with that sort of snidy nonsense.


I did not suggest or recommend a ban, in fact I did not mention bans at all. It is up to sassy to decide for herself how to discipline rule breakers.

Thanks sassy. I will pop in later this week to look at a few threads. xx

I called you a stroppy madam after some abuse that you posted about 4Ever on NF.

It's a shame that you didn't do anything about the multiple abusive pm's that i got from that deranged bint Abs on your forum just because i dared to venture onto her games thread  Laughing

You do like to dish it out, and you have been pulled up about this by quite a few posters on the dogs forum.

This was quite a while back, you obviously don't log in here very much.

So stop being a stroppy madam why don't you.
avatar
Philagain48
Forum Member

Posts : 87
Join date : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Sassy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Just to make this clear, if ANYONE sends a nasty pm that I receive a complaint about, I will ask for a copy of the pm privately. If, when I read it, I consider it to be nasty, the person who sent the pm will be immediately banned. Using pms to post nasty messages is taking advantage of the pm system, and I won't have it.

Hope that has cleared that up.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1794
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Philagain48 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Sassy wrote:Just to make this clear, if ANYONE sends a nasty pm that I receive a complaint about, I will ask for a copy of the pm privately.   If, when I read it, I consider it to be nasty, the person who sent the pm will be immediately banned.   Using pms to post nasty messages is taking advantage of the pm system, and I won't have it.

Hope that has cleared that up.

I thought that it would be better to keep it off the main forum, which is why i kept it private.

Calling someone a stroppy little madam isn't that bad imo.

But i take your point, and if i need to reply to her ladyship i will do so on open forum from now on.

Very Happy
avatar
Philagain48
Forum Member

Posts : 87
Join date : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Aspca4ever on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Jules. wrote:In case anyone was wondering what this thread is all about, I mentioned to sassy that I had received an unwanted, unpleasant PM from another member here. It's the first unpleasant PM I have ever received from anyone, anywhere   - and I want it to be the very last cos I will never put up with that sort of snidy nonsense.

I did not suggest or recommend a ban, in fact I did not mention bans at all. It is up to sassy to decide for herself how to discipline rule breakers.

Thanks sassy. I will pop in later this week to look at a few threads. xx

**POINT OF ORDER**

RULE > Private messages
We provide a facility to send private messages (PM) to individual members
Private messages are just that PRIVATE if you publish messages sent or received without the permission of the member concerned
in an attempt to shame/bully/intimidate a member you will be banned

WHY - WHY, is this even being ALLOWED as a discussed topic?
Now we have a known SHIT STIRRER, posting about an issue that wasn't EVEN IN DISCUSSION and should not have been given air ...as it is a VIOLATION OF OUR PRINTED RULES! 

GOOD GRIEF, the subversive methods that this member has done to NF - won't tolerate on her very own domain and is now back peddling into ES ...well, it's her method of disruption and I for one find it disgusting and seems to be the only reason that she appears!
Suspect
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 477
Join date : 2017-02-16
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Philagain48 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Jules. wrote:In case anyone was wondering what this thread is all about, I mentioned to sassy that I had received an unwanted, unpleasant PM from another member here. It's the first unpleasant PM I have ever received from anyone, anywhere   - and I want it to be the very last cos I will never put up with that sort of snidy nonsense.

I did not suggest or recommend a ban, in fact I did not mention bans at all. It is up to sassy to decide for herself how to discipline rule breakers.

Thanks sassy. I will pop in later this week to look at a few threads. xx

**POINT OF ORDER**

RULE > Private messages
We provide a facility to send private messages (PM) to individual members
Private messages are just that PRIVATE if you publish messages sent or received without the permission of the member concerned
in an attempt to shame/bully/intimidate a member you will be banned

WHY - WHY, is this even being ALLOWED as a discussed topic?
Now we have a known SHIT STIRRER, posting about an issue that wasn't EVEN IN DISCUSSION and should not have been given air ...as it is a VIOLATION OF OUR PRINTED RULES! 

GOOD GRIEF, the subversive methods that this member has done to NF - won't tolerate on her very own domain and is now back peddling into ES ...well, it's her method of disruption and I for one find it disgusting and seems to be the only reason that she appears!
Suspect

Well she said that she wouldn't post here because of Scrat and i.

Then when we weren't posting for a while, she still didn't make any kind of effort here.

She has a bee in her bonnet because we left her forum.

Quite sad really.
avatar
Philagain48
Forum Member

Posts : 87
Join date : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Sassy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:32 pm

The pm wasn't sent to me, so it hasn't be published 4Ever, as a point of principle though, I would ask for an abusive pm to be sent to me so I can judge. I can't judge whether the pm was abusive or not, but thought I would nip in the bud anyone using the system to that end. That's why I started the thread, it wasn't actually about that pm, because as I say, I haven't read it, but the principle involved that I hadn't thought about before. Before this gets out of hand, I think I had better lock the thread lol
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1794
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Aspca4ever on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Sassy wrote:The pm wasn't sent to me, so it hasn't be published 4Ever, as a point of principle though, I would ask for an abusive pm to be sent to me so I can judge.   I can't judge whether the pm was abusive or not, but thought I would nip in the bud anyone using the system to that end.   That's why I started the thread, it wasn't actually about that pm, because as I say, I haven't read it, but the principle involved that I hadn't thought about before.   Before this gets out of hand, I think I had better lock the thread lol
I quoted the PROBLEM CHILD and was printing the RULES for her re-training; if she had an exchange regarding her 'ISSUE' then she had no business posting what was discussed out here. 

That communication between her & you was PRIVATE! No one had even asked. Evil or Very Mad  
That's my position & my POINT!
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 477
Join date : 2017-02-16
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: With regard to PMs.

Post by Sassy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:43 am

Jules. wrote:In case anyone was wondering what this thread is all about, I mentioned to sassy that I had received an unwanted, unpleasant PM from another member here. It's the first unpleasant PM I have ever received from anyone, anywhere   - and I want it to be the very last cos I will never put up with that sort of snidy nonsense.


I did not suggest or recommend a ban, in fact I did not mention bans at all. It is up to sassy to decide for herself how to discipline rule breakers.

Thanks sassy. I will pop in later this week to look at a few threads. xx



I'm going to be totally candid here.   I deliberately did not mention the fact that a complaint had been made because I was making a general point and if you hadn't made this post, nobody would have known about your complaint and there would have been no speculation.   We didn't have anything in the rules about abusive pms, so I made one.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1794
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum