24th September

View previous topic View next topic Go down

24th September

Post by Scrat. on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel has spoken of the prospect of having "real Nazis in the German Reichstag for the first time since the end of World War Two".

“If the French are rightly proud of their emperor and the Britons of Nelson and Churchill, we have the right to be proud of the achievements of the German soldiers in two world wars,” Alexander Gauland, 76, said in a speech to supporters on 2 September that has since been uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/14/afd-co-founder-alexander-gauland-says-germany-needs-to-reclaim-its-history

Everyone reckons Merkel will win.

Scrat.

Back to top Go down

Re: 24th September

Post by Sassy on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:30 pm

I don't I have ever been more worried about the state of the world. "real Nazis in the German Reichstag for the first time since the end of World War Two". just doesn't bear thinking about.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat. on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Sassy wrote:I don't I have ever been more worried about the state of the world.  "real Nazis in the German Reichstag for the first time since the end of World War Two".  just doesn't bear thinking about.
The German people are generally pragmatic, no one is quite sure how mass immigration will play out during the upcoming election, Merkel represents a Christian right of centre coalition that has tried to remain mainstream but AfD are expected to become the third party with a possible 20% of the vote.

History teaches us that Germans tend to act like sheep and once the far right get their foot in the door who knows what will happen, it could well have an enormous effect on Brexit.
Scrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top