Charlottesville Attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charlottesville Attack

Post by Jules. on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Trump dogwhistled his head off to supremacists throughout his 4 month long election campaign. He needed their votes. "I will get you your country back" he promised.

Of course those words sound harmless enough - I mean, what true patriot would not want their country back? However US nationalist extremists do not process messages in the harmless way that ordinary people do, they process everything in their own very particular bigoted way. They are proactively violent by nature. Donald was counting on his words being interpreted differently by different groups in a way which satisfied his entire audience and this is what dogwhistling is all about.

At the Charlottesville march David Duke, grand master of the supremacists invoked Trump's name and those very words. "Trump promised he would get us our country back and that's what we're doing."

The worst part was how long it took for Trump to condemn the attack and tell them ''not in my name''.

You messed up bigly there, didn't you Donald lol. Very Happy

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-white-nationalists-rally/index.html

Jules.
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top