Bear destroys Woman's kayak after nearly attacking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Bear destroys Woman's kayak after nearly attacking

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:53 am

What an incredibly stupid human, to continue and stand there shouting at the Bear in that Whiny Assed Voice; as if that is going to convince that bear to depart and leave off shredding those items that wreak of human food stuff!  Oh, sure ...she's yelling - "there's no food in there, BEAR!"  But those bears have sniffers better tuned to smell food then shark do for chum/blood in the wide ocean! 
Unbelievably STUPID, and she's sooooo F'n lucky given the increased numbers of bear attacks that have taken place in AK this year and many just in the last month.  And yet she's still screaming at the bear!  OMG!!! 

Alaska
More Alaskans mauled by bears in Alaska
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Two more Alaskans were mauled by bears in Alaska over the weekend, bringing the number of bear attacks ... could …
Longview Daily News 9d
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:37 am

I swear, for every decent human that gets attacked by a bear and did every thing RIGHT - there's always some f*ckwit that should have bear dinner and wasn't! No
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:57 am

She sounds like a kid, actually I began to think it was a child and it was her prized possession.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Sassy wrote:She sounds like a kid, actually I began to think it was a child and it was her prized possession.  
INDEED, she whines/pleads/sounds like an immature kid but she's anything but that ...and just because a said 'stupid human thinks it's time for those bears to HIBERNATE, doesn't mean that it's the 'BEARS' time to hibernate! 
Woman begs black bear to stop kayak attack in viral video

By Ben Hooper   |   Oct. 1, 2015 at 9:56 AM

WRANGELL, Alaska, Oct. 1 (UPI) -- A woman on a kayaking trip in Alaska took video of a bear chewing up her kayak while she shouted at it and demanded to know its motives.
Mary Maley posted a video to YouTube showing the black bear gnawing on her kayak while she filmed it from a distance during a solo kayak trip from Ketchikan to Petersburg.
Maley said the bear-on-boat attack took place outside of a U.S. Forest Service cabin in Berg Bay, where she had stored her tent, food and gear to go on a hike.

"I'm going to pepper spray you in the face! That's what I'm going to do to you," Maley says at the start of the video, which she said began about five minutes into the bear encounter.
Maley sprays the bear and it jumps backward, returning its attention to the kayak. "Go away! No, get away from the kayak!" Maley shouts. "Get away from that kayak! Come here! Come on! Stop it, bear!"
Maley chides the bear as it starts to gnaw on her kayak.
"Why are you breaking my kayak? What am I going to do?" she asks.
The woman begs the bear to stop chewing on her boat and asks why the bear isn't hibernating.
"It's the end of September, why are you here? You're supposed to be asleep!" she says.
Maley tells the bear that her kayak is "not even food, it's plastic" and begs it to "please stop" before ending the video.
She wrote in the video's description that the bear's attack on her kayak continued for another five to 10 minutes after the video ended. She said she was able to swim out to a boat anchored nearby and got a ride to Wrangell with her belongings and her injured kayak.
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/10/01/Woman-begs-black-bear-to-stop-kayak-attack-in-viral-video/5671443706984/
My friend that is working at Denali National Park, had told me about this training video - 'self-inflicted stupid woman' made her own: what not to do YouTube Video and it is being used by the National Parks Service as a training tool for any new hires/back packers/people hiking into those trails in our National Parks in AK. 
a) do not be this DUMB
b) do not argue with bears
c) this is why handling your food with disposable gloves is the SMART thing to do
d) Do Not Assume that because the calendar says this ought to be 'HIBERNATION TIME' ...the bears have their own internal clock/digestive needs that dictate that
e) calling & pleading with any bear in that type of voice ...she's lucky the bear chose to ignore her Twisted Evil  
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top