Happy Independance Day USA or as Queen might say - Happy Traitor Day to you Ass Holes! LOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Independance Day USA or as Queen might say - Happy Traitor Day to you Ass Holes! LOL

Post by Aspca4ever on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:32 pm

**241 years of our independence from England**

241 yrs and this current moron in the oval office
won't bring us down!!!  Evil or Very Mad
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independance Day USA or as Queen might say - Happy Traitor Day to you Ass Holes! LOL

Post by Sassy on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:37 pm

LOL Happy Independence Day 4Ever, hope you have a lovely one.

Sassy

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independance Day USA or as Queen might say - Happy Traitor Day to you Ass Holes! LOL

Post by Aspca4ever on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Sassy wrote:LOL Happy Independence Day 4Ever, hope you have a lovely one.

TY, it's been just a quite day for me; allowing my cracked ribs to heal before I venture forth and abuse them again like I did on Sat & Sun.  That put me flat out for several days now and that humidity has been oppressive plus the heat of 90º!  Praying that this will be the last night for loud bang/pops/screaming/whiz-bombers ...rather fed up with it all.

Do you remember getting those brochures in the mail, back in May to place our orders for shipment before 4th of July. Or were you ever allowed to order pyrotechnical items via the mail service there in England? 

We could order $50. worth of fire works and that box would be crammed with bottle rockets/black cats/snakes/thousands of smoke bombs/pop rocks/roman candles and often those night time display cones & fountains were DUDES, but the anticipation and fun of picking just the right box for the $$$ and waiting for the arrival and then waiting for the BIG DAY.
Can't get fireworks like that any more ...NOPE no mail order pyrotechnics like we had. I sure don't remember having 5 days worth of shooting off fireworks, it was one day and one day only!
Holding those Roman Candles and shooting them at each other - having them blow up in our hands - back firing out the back end.
Or brother Roy untying a whole sting of fire works putting them in his front shirt pocket {school shirt no less} and then forgetting that the punk he had in his mouth was lit and shoving that into that same pocket ...WOW, he lit up quite nicely.
And every time I ironed that shirt the sulfa smell would weft up from that scorched place on his school shirt, just as the day he did it! LOL
Such fond memories, of old burns and war wounds that we'd talk about after the season was over.
Ole' those GOOD OLE DAYS!

Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Happy Independence day to all in the USA. I always enjoyed going there and have very fond memories of my time there.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Me too, especially when I went to the Martin Luther King Memorial, that day will live with me for ever.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:58 pm

A memory of other 4th of July parties or why Canadian's aren't allowed pyrotechnics EVER! 

My future husband & I had just become acquainted - he was from Canada - the company we both worked for was Canadian based and the 'CORPORATE SUITS' had flown in town for a celebration {circa 1979}.  Both for our American 4th of July and 2ndly for the RCB {royal Canadian bank} making grandiose land acquisitions for crude oil productions in the central states, KS was a huge soft target. 
Fire works were out lawed in Canada - only commercial lic. pyrotechnical operators could handle & display them. 
And we certainly found out the scary way/why that rational was appropriate: the suits went nuts purchasing big commercial type fire works - then set about nailing some PVC pipe and fittings to wooden planks so that they could just set a fire work down into that PVC stubby piece and ignite the fuse!  Yipper that was the PLAN; they'd assembled nearly 10 of those wooden planks with 5-6 such PVC fittings attached to them - had them set up in dense grassy/mowed area - some 4" PVC pipes buried part way into the sandy shore down by the lake - set at an angle for projection out over the lake and then when it was nearly dark they drew straws for what 'Lucky Suit' would be given the honor of either lighting the planks or lighting the stakes. 
When I asked on of our rough necks about the 'SAFETY' of those 3" projectiles in those PVC tubes - "why weren't they using well casing pipe?" ...his suggestion was to remain in my vehicle and watch the events from that safe distance and keep my 2 yr old son back! 
Nothing went as planned that night; the planks fell over from the explosions and as the thoughtless ignitor lit more than one in a row that meant that a entire number of planks were blowing up and falling over and shooting directly into the seated spectators - caught the tall pasture grass on fire, quickly.  People were fleeing for their very lives and while this had just started the other idiot lit of the PVC tubes off {since they were within easy reach of one another} and they quickly exploded right at ground level - splitting the thin wall of that PVC and of course those are multi staged explosives so those were exploding in numerous stages flying any where and every where without restraint. 

People got burnt and the drunks got trampled.  affraid

Proof Positive of why Canadian's should never - ever have fire works and never allow the 'SUITS' to operate those pyrotechnics period.  pale

My future husband was up directing traffic and using his CB to call for 911 emergency services - what roads to turn down to obtain our remote location.  I noticed that guy!  LOL  
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:20 pm

No wonder you noticed him!!!!!!
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Sassy wrote:No wonder you noticed him!!!!!!

Well, that and he had this rather 'huma-huma' similarity to >
 Kurt Russell {life partner to Goldie Hawn} but long before that he was Walt Disney's #1 heart throb movie maker young stud!!! Embarassed
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Young Kurt Russell, yum yum lol
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top