w.wrenkitchens.com/kitchens/handleless-white-gloss/5570

Half Price + Extra 25% Off*

Razz

We have to go with that sale!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Re: Kitchen project

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:49 pm

...Will look something like that, but not in white.
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:37 am

Efficient/glamorous/sheik and oh so much better for storage and looks.
The latest on the mega building boom over here has finally seen a pendulum swing away from those mega 4,000 sq foot homes and the 'TINY HOUSE'/more realistic dwellings have come back into the 'NEW NORM' for home builders! 

Why, the 80's/90's/2000's - 2015's saw the need to build a small mansion that people couldn't afford the monthly utilities or the property taxes {based on sq footage and lot size} on each year ...but finally young couples are seeing the need to economize.
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:Efficient/glamorous/sheik and oh so much better for storage and looks.
The latest on the mega building boom over here has finally seen a pendulum swing away from those mega 4,000 sq foot homes and the 'TINY HOUSE'/more realistic dwellings have come back into the 'NEW NORM' for home builders! 

Why, the 80's/90's/2000's - 2015's saw the need to build a small mansion that people couldn't afford the monthly utilities or the property taxes {based on sq footage and lot size} on each year ...but finally young couples are seeing the need to economize.

It's good to wait for these sales to come around as well.

This firm will also supply the appliances needed and will also do the install at a very reasonable price, take away the old stuff, tiling etc...One thing that was putting us off this one, was the time scale of the project if we go with a local builder and my brother had four weeks of upheaval when he recently renewed his kitchen.

We will probably have to get the flooring done independantly, but that isn't a big job Cool
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:25 pm

...Up to four months before it's fitted as it's made to measure up North, they took 10% deposit today and we saw the finished kitchen in 3D on the computer Cool
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Philagain1 wrote:...Up to four months before it's fitted as it's made to measure up North, they took 10% deposit today and we saw the finished kitchen in 3D on the computer Cool
See, all this domestic remodeling and the year waiting to get married will have just flown by!  And you thought it seemed sooooo far away ...you've both been very productive!
How are the furry family members dealing with all of the disruptions and NOISE?
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:...Up to four months before it's fitted as it's made to measure up North, they took 10% deposit today and we saw the finished kitchen in 3D on the computer Cool
See, all this domestic remodeling and the year waiting to get married will have just flown by!  And you thought it seemed sooooo far away ...you've both been very productive!

It's good the way that they do it now, by taking the measurements with their computer and then uploading pictures as well to the showroom.

When we went there today, i could get him to go back to the photos, and discuss ideas for the best uses for the space etc, then we picked the oven and hob from the showroom as well and there were some nice little extras that i added, incorporated recycle bins etc Razz

It's been hot so the cats are mostly sleeping in the gazebo in the garden now, they come in from time to time to let us know that they are still here from time to time Laughing

I'm sure the time will fly by, still just under a year until the wedding but we are really looking forward to that and this place will be mint by that time Razz

Philagain1

Back to top Go down

We are here now and in progress!

Post by Philagain1 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:24 pm

cheers
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:45 pm

The kitchen arrives on Tuesday.

I think we are ahead of schedule on this one, but i did make issue with the length of time it took with our bathroom project.

They are such a happy bunch of Bulgarians though, and very loud and jovial when they have their breaks in our garden! Laughing Cool
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:58 pm

I love you Razz
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:07 am

Aspca4ever wrote:

It's very addictive 4Ever!

Our bedroom backs onto that, it's bigger than our living room!

We are thinking about putting in French doors.

There is this program 'Love you home and garden' hosted on TV by Alan Titchmarch!

There wouldn't be much to do here to create that in the near future! Razz
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:17 am

....Like, i told Doug.....Next summer!!!!!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Philagain1 wrote:

I love you Razz
Hey, what is that thing? Radiator {room heat source} or a water heater?  So much new technology and I'm just curious, like a feline!  LOL
Been wondering how your fellows are doing?  Missing ya! I love you
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:

I love you Razz
Hey, what is that thing? Radiator {room heat source} or a water heater?  So much new technology and I'm just curious, like a feline!  LOL
Been wondering how your fellows are doing?  Missing ya! I love you

Hi 4Ever I love you

Was missing you too!

It's a central heating radiator. I know you don't need them in Texas! Cool

...Because the kitchen units are grey, as are the appliances....I chose to use the same floor tiles for the splashback, they are a cream colour (covered in white dust at the moment, i'm keeping just about on top of the dust problem Laughing ).....The original radiator is white and i thought that i'd made a terrible mistake with too much cream!!!!

That just evens it out perfectly!

I didn't know that they existed either! Trendy radiator! Laughing
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:10 am

We have both said....

At least the next tenant after we die, will not have to do half as much as we have had to do to renovate this place.

It hasn't been done on the cheap. cheers
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Ah, but it doesn't 'LOOK CHEAP' ...it looks very elegant and well chosen for sure.
BTW - Ben resides in TX ...I'm in the land of KS where Dorothy had that hallucinogenic dream of OZ {made quite a scary arsed movie of my childhood} LOL 
I noticed 'Supervisor Cat' was checking out the work in progress in one photo.  How cute.
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:Ah, but it doesn't 'LOOK CHEAP' ...it looks very elegant and well chosen for sure.
BTW - Ben resides in TX ...I'm in the land of KS where Dorothy had that hallucinogenic dream of OZ {made quite a scary arsed movie of my childhood} LOL 
I noticed 'Supervisor Cat' was checking out the work in progress in one photo.  How cute.

I've always researched the tiles that i've chosen before i commit to buy, there isn't one single negative view about this one...

Wickes Brook Tiles range offers a calming, neutral matt natural stone effect. The Brook porcelain tile is the perfect addition to any modern living space. The robust, durable qualities of porcelain mean this tile is ideal for use on the walls and floors of kitchens, bathrooms, hallways, lounges and conservatories, making it a great all-purpose tile for adding a real feel of luxury to any room. The variation of the canvas of this tile replicates limestone formations, creates a truly unique finish on each one. Use on both walls and floors for a fully coordinated look. bounce

The cats are less than pleased about the disruption, but i've made sure that the kitchen door is closed at all times as that reduces the noise (and dust) a little bit, they can jump in through the bedroom window and come down to see us in the living room if they want to.

All their food is in the bedroom at the moment, we have the mini fridge and microwave in there as well, so that's where we are preparing all our food (of sorts) as well Laughing

Doug loves the wizard of Oz. I liked it when Dorothy wishes her way back home 'There is no place like home'....I'm a diciple of that philosophy Razz x
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:46 pm

I prefer the modern and comtemporary look!

Bright and garish colours in the garden though! Cool
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:12 am

...That is a tile cut to fit over the old wooden skirting boards! Cool Razz
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Philagain1 wrote:I prefer the modern and comtemporary look!

DITTO ...mother nature just does her color palette in such grand style and nothing is wrong in her world.  
I used to dress all posh - coordinated with matching purse/earrings/shoes and the Chiquita banana lady

didn't have anything over on my color options ...but in my Interior Design options that was much more subdued and calming!  LOL
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:

DITTO ...mother nature just does her color palette in such grand style and nothing is wrong in her world.  
I used to dress all posh - coordinated with matching purse/earrings/shoes and the Chiquita banana lady

didn't have anything over on my color options ...but in my Interior Design options that was much more subdued and calming!  LOL

Before my brother bought his house, it was all garish and bright colours, but they had to calm it down before they could sell it. I can still see a bit where the bathroom was pink! lol!

The neighbours told my brother that it was all very garish and bright strident colours throughout, and it was like 'a French whores brothel' lol!

Some people have no taste!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:12 am

Philagain1 wrote:
Aspca4ever wrote:

Before my brother bought his house, it was all garish and bright colours, but they had to calm it down before they could sell it. I can still see a bit where the bathroom was pink! lol!

The neighbours told my brother that it was all very garish and bright strident colours throughout, and it was like 'a French whores brothel' lol!

That's just TOO FUNNY; memories of my deceased Mexican BIL and how he loved to paint his interior walls/ceiling/trim/floors all the same harsh/garish/putrid colors that would make you think that the man was desperately trying to force his visitors to purge their meals! 
And each room had their own unique 'PUKISH' color scheme that was just beyond reasoning! Evil or Very Mad
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:27 am

Aspca4ever wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:
Aspca4ever wrote:

That's just TOO FUNNY; memories of my deceased Mexican BIL and how he loved to paint his interior walls/ceiling/trim/floors all the same harsh/garish/putrid colors that would make you think that the man was desperately trying to force his visitors to purge their meals! 
And each room had their own unique 'PUKISH' color scheme that was just beyond reasoning! Evil or Very Mad

When we have been peeling this place back over so many years, i've noticed some interesting wallpaper though!

There was some 60's retro paper in the hallway that i really liked a few years back!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:29 am

We are going to put modern wallpaper in the hallway again though!!!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 am

....Lots of the new stuff is quite retro though, just with more polite colours! lol
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top