Which Arab countries are to enforce the no fly zone

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Which Arab countries are to enforce the no fly zone

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 pm

eilzel wrote:

Is this officially a Civil War now then? Cause it began as an uprising...

Also, we already put our heavy handed foot in it (is that possible lol?) if we back down now we are going to look like idiots in the eyes of our rivals and enemies. Difficult situation. But unlike Iraq I would back somekind kind of military intervention here; we can't let people keep dying on this scale, and we don't want Gaddafi to survive and then us have a hostile Libya Evil or Very Mad

I don't know but I said before that it may be the reason why the UN etc have been dragging their feet, so they can then save, no it's a civil war, deal with it yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm the king wrote:

I don't know but I said before that it may be the reason why the UN etc have been dragging their feet, so they can then save, no it's a civil war, deal with it yourself.

You may be right. It dosen't look good now anyways, I doubt Russia or China would go with any kind of action now it looks almost certain Gaddafi will hold Sad

The UN is an absolute joke, I don't see the point in it anymore. It acts on nothing. Not only in Libya are people killed by their leaders. If the UN will just stand by as this happens then its pointless. Basic diplomacy can have one country tell another they are being naughty, we don't need a stupid union of nations to do that. Waste of time and resources imo Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 pm

eilzel wrote:

You may be right. It dosen't look good now anyways, I doubt Russia or China would go with any kind of action now it looks almost certain Gaddafi will hold Sad

The UN is an absolute joke, I don't see the point in it anymore. It acts on nothing. Not only in Libya are people killed by their leaders. If the UN will just stand by as this happens then its pointless. Basic diplomacy can have one country tell another they are being naughty, we don't need a stupid union of nations to do that. Waste of time and resources imo Evil or Very Mad

Too much talk, not enough walk!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:03 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Too much talk, not enough walk!

A "No-fly" zone has just been agreed by the UN, shame it's 2 weeks too late! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Libya is not worth one ounce of British blood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:01 am

fred bloggs wrote:Libya is not worth one ounce of British blood.

Good thing the Americans and Empire didn't say that in Britain's darkest hour. Short memories Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:17 am

John wrote:

Good thing the Americans and Empire didn't say that in Britain's darkest hour. Short memories Exclamation

True John, the Right here are so internally minded though it hurts. They forget we have interests in Libya that directly affect us too.

MrD lets hope we aren't too late...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:50 am

You know what's on some of the Memorial Cairns here in Australia?

"Battle of Tobruk"
"Battle of Benghazi"
"Battle of Alamein"

Sons of Britain and the Empire fought for Libya. Surely there's a moral imperative to look out for Libyan welfare in their memory?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:26 am

eilzel wrote:

MrD lets hope we aren't too late...

Maybe if we still had some Nimrods, Harriers and an Aircraft Carrier, we may not be!........................... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top