teve Scalise, a congressional staffer and members of the Capitol police force were shot Wednesday in Alexandria, Virginia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teve Scalise, a congressional staffer and members of the Capitol police force were shot Wednesday in Alexandria, Virginia

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Washington (CNN)Rep. Steve Scalise, a congressional staffer and members of the Capitol police force were shot Wednesday in Alexandria, Virginia, during Republicans' early-morning practice ahead of a charity baseball game.
President Donald Trump said the alleged gunman had been killed. Federal law enforcement officials identified the alleged shooter as James Hodgkinson.

At least six people including Scalise, the third ranking member of House Republican leadership as the majority whip, were hospitalized.
Scalise was in critical condition after surgery, according to So Young Pak, spokeswoman for MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Scalise is out of his first surgery, according to a Scalise aide. It is not clear if he will have a second surgery. His wife Jennifer and their two young children are traveling up from New Orleans to Washington now to be with him.
A congressional staffer, Zach Barth, was also shot in the leg and has since been released from the hospital. Matt Mika, a lobbyist for Tyson Foods and former staffer, was also identified as one of the victims. He was out of surgery and in critical condition as of Wednesday afternoon, according to a statement from his family.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/alexandria-virginia-shooting/index.html

Well lets hope they all pull through from this clear attack on a duly elected official of the US Congress.

Any idea what the motive was and whether the attacker was acting alone?
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

It's been a MIND NUMBING DAY, and I'm SICK & TIRED OF GUNS!

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:09 pm

Members of Congress stumbled through a bloody scene Wednesday to help their wounded colleagues after gunfire erupted at a baseball field in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Va., where the Republican lawmakers were practicing for the upcoming congressional baseball game.
Multiple congressman at the scene said Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., was among those wounded. Police in Alexandria, Va., said a suspect was in custody.  Without Capitol Police, "it probably would have been a massacre," Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., who was there, told MSNBC.
Rep. Mo Brooks told CNN that another congressman, Rep. Brad Wenstrup from Cincinnati, used some kind of scissors to cut through Scalise’s pant leg to get to his wound. Wenstrup is a podiatrist who served as a combat surgeon in Iraq. “After the shooter was down … we deferred to (Wenstrup’s) judgement on what to do,” Brooks told CNN. Wenstrup “was getting some kind of scissors device to cut through the pants” to get to the wound on Scalise. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/06/14/congressional-baseball-shooting-scene/102839686/

James Hodgkinson was charged in 2006 with assaulting his girlfriend. The charges were later dismissed. Illinois police

Scalise shooter: Dead gunman ID'd as Trump-hating building inspector from Illinois
By Kathleen Joyce  Published June 14, 2017

The man who opened fire on a Congressional baseball practice Wednesday, seriously wounding a top Republican lawmaker and four others was an avowed Bernie Sanders supporter who despised President Trump, according to what appears to have been his Facebook page.

James T. Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Ill., who was gunned down by police to end the shooting at Simpson Field in Alexandria, Va., appears to have maintained two Facebook pages, each replete with profane anti-Trump posts and glowing praise for Sanders.

Sanders, whose failed presidential campaign Hodgkinson is believed to have been a volunteer with, called the shooting a "despicable act."
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, Texas Rep. Roger Williams’ congressional aide Zack Barth, Tyson Foods director of government relations Matt Mika and two Capitol police officers were also injured in the incident. Hodgkinson was shot by Capitol Police and died from his injuries.
 SCALISE SHOOTER ID’D AS JAMES HODGKINSON
A number of anti-Trump Facebook posts, taken down Wednesday by the social media giant, were published to the page that appears to be Hodgkinson's just two days before the shooting. One said, “Trump is Guilty & Should Go to Prison for Treason.” Another said, “Make America Great Again, Resign!”

Hodgkinson appears to have posted an editorial cartoon on the page that depicted Scalise behind a podium, addressing a group of hooded Ku Klux Klansmen. Hodgkinson wrote in the post: "Here's a Republic that should lose his job, but they gave him a raise."
Fox News can confirm that Hodgkinson apparently sent politically-charged letters to the editor of the Belleville News-Democrat, which published a few of them. One letter that Hodgkinson wrote in 2011 stated: "It's time for the Republican congressmen to grow up. Maybe if they weren't so full of hate, they could see what they are doing to this country - selling it to the Chinese just so they can keep more of the millions."

Hodgkinson’s brother, Michael, told The New York Times his brother was not pleased with the current political climate.
“I know he wasn’t happy with the way things were going, the election results and stuff,” Michael Hodgkinson told The New York Times. 
Hodgkinson was a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors, the head of the office told Fox News. He dropped out in 2015. Hodgkinson owned a home-inspection business but did not renew his license in 2016. 
A Facebook spokesperson told Fox News the pages were taken down after the shooting for violating that company's community standards.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/scalise-shooter-dead-gunman-idd-as-trump-hating-building-inspector-from-illinois.html
The entire morning media news programs pre-empted the regularly scheduled morning shows for the play-by-play of these events as they were unfolding.Right around 11:15am the FBI/Virginia Gov./State Police/Local Police all stepped up to the live mic and gave brief statements and stated: 'this is an ongoing investigation and until we have enough details we CANNOT release names and details about the suspect - yes, he is under custody - yes, he was shot! But because we do not know who he was with or might be working with we are keeping this closed for now. 
Then when the Chumply had his grand stand open mic moment he - blah/blah/blah ..."I know Steve, my wife knows Steve, we consider him a good - great friend of ours and we have him and his wife & family in our prayers.  Now that the shooter is DEAD"  affraid
Holy - HELL, you could hear an audible GASP from all of the reporters in the room and a couple of the people back in the MSNBC news head quarters! Evil or Very Mad Mean while ...the FBI was trying to locate & find the shooters immediate family - locate the wife and any others' that might be involved & know what & why this guy went off on Sen. Scalise ...and OH - MOTOR MOUTH JUST ANNOUNCED THAT ON NATIONAL TV! 
And that's how the DEAD shooters family - brother/mother/father found out his brother didn't survive the arrival to the hospital.  FFS -  words fail me - completely! Suspect
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: teve Scalise, a congressional staffer and members of the Capitol police force were shot Wednesday in Alexandria, Virginia

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:39 pm

His death was announced on national television before his family had even been notified of this privately! Good grief.

Alexandria is such a lovely place. Whan in DC I used to enjoy going there to Landini Bros. for dinner. Had English trout would you believe and it's the best trout I have ever had.

Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Re: teve Scalise, a congressional staffer and members of the Capitol police force were shot Wednesday in Alexandria, Virginia

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Irn Bru wrote:His death was announced on national television before his family had even been notified of this privately! Good grief.

Alexandria is such a lovely place. Whan in DC I used to enjoy going there to Landini Bros. for dinner. Had English trout would you believe and it's the best trout I have ever had.

Well, it was our Orange Julius that did it, so who knows if he was even aware that 'TIMING' and the FBI ...or perhaps that was just another asinine poke in the EYE of the FBI to do what he did.  No body does ASININE & GOTCHA as well as the CHUMPLY does and he's bragged about it too! Suspect  Hell, I never ever considered that option until I was typing this post to you!  LOL

I've only had fresh trout: Colorado fishing - smoked over our camp fire and once in Canada, again camping. So I've never ordered it in any other setting.  Wink
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top