London attack: 500 imams condemn terrorists and refuse to perform funeral prayer for 'vile murderers'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

London attack: 500 imams condemn terrorists and refuse to perform funeral prayer for 'vile murderers'

Post by Sassy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Group of Muslim leaders coming together to outline renewed efforts to combat extremism

Mosques and Islamic groups across the UK have condemned the London Bridge attack

At least 500 imams and religious leaders have now refused to perform funeral prayers for the London Bridge attackers in condemnation of the “vile murderers”.

Support for the move is growing as a group of British Muslims prepare to gather near the site of the atrocity to outline renewed efforts against extremism.

The British Muslim Forum (BMF) said members would set out how communities and mosques will “challenge, robustly and precisely, the perverted interpretation of Islam that is put forward by Isis and other extremist groups”, while calling on people to report anyone expressing sympathy to authorities.

Qari Asim, spokesperson for the BMF and imam of the Leeds Makkah mosque, said: the group aimed to broadcast the message that violent extremism was “forbidden” by Islam.

“If you follow this path you are stepping away from Islam to a dark and godless place,” he added.

“Your views are not welcome in our mosques or in our communities. This is not a path to heaven.”

Shaykh Shahid Raza, a trustee of the BMF said that although the vast majority of British Muslims reject extremism, there are “individuals and organisations trying to sell a perverted version of Islam to impressionable young people”.

“We want to make very clear, as Islamic scholars and leaders, that they are wrong,” he added. “The violent and hate-filled views they hold are not Islamic.”

A joint statement endorsed by 500 imams across the UK will “reiterate the commitment to not accepting terrorists in life or death by refusing to perform funeral prayers for terrorists”.

It comes after almost 200 imams and religious leaders made the same pledge in a separate statement shared by the Muslim Council of Britain.

Supporters said they were praying for terrorists to be “judged in accordance with the gravity of their crimes in the hereafter”, adding: “Consequently, and in light of other such ethical principles which are quintessential to Islam, we will not perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer for the perpetrators and we also urge fellow imams and religious authorities to withdraw such a privilege.

“These vile murderers seek to divide our society and instil fear; we will ensure they fail.”

Shaykh Yunus Dudhwala, head of chaplaincy at Barts Health NHS Trust, said the “grassroots” movement was part of efforts to show those at risk of radicalisation that the ideology espoused by Isis is “not from the teachings of Islam”.

“We needed to go a step further and disassociate ourselves from these people,” he told The Independent.

“The refusal to perform funeral prayers will hopefully by a deterrent but we’re also trying to reach out to anyone who is of that thinking to say ‘talk to the imams, speak to us and ask us why we’ve made this statement’ – then we can have that dialogue and move them away from extremism.”

Imam Dudhwala said it was essential for young Muslims to be part of local mosques to gain full religious teaching and discuss theological questions.

“The majority of these individuals are groomed or brainwashed outside of the mosques and they usually don’t attend because they feel we are not teaching the correct Islam,” he added.

Mosques and Islamic groups across the UK have condemned the London Bridge attack and other atrocities committed by Isis supporters.

Worshippers at a mosque attended by Khuram Butt pointed out that he had been thrown out after ranting about elections and claiming voting was “un-Islamic”, but not detained despite numerous warnings to police over radicalisation.

Security services are facing serious questions over why they did not prioritise the attacker, who was known to police and MI5, and publicly associated with Anjem Choudary’s network of extremists.

They have also been criticised for letting fellow attacker Zaghba Youssef into the UK after he was prevented from travelling to join Isis in Syria and told Italian police he “wanted to be a terrorist”.

His mother, Valeria Collina, told reporters in Bologna she understood imams’ refusal to offer prayers for her son.

“I understand them and share their choice because we need to send a strong political signal,” she said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-attack-imans-no-funeral-prayers-terrorists-refuse-500-muslim-clerics-islam-isis-burial-khuram-a7776861.html

Combined with the Fatwa put out against bombers that SM posted, they are sending a very powerful message.

There is a video that unfortunately I can't post, of how Choudray is treated by Muslims in the street, they tell him to fuck off, our media gave him air time.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: London attack: 500 imams condemn terrorists and refuse to perform funeral prayer for 'vile murderers'

Post by Scrat. on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Sassy is correct I've also seen that video, Muslims are being targeted for a reason, the far right need a bogey man to cling to, if it wasn't Muslims they'd soon find someone else.
Scrat.

Back to top Go down

Re: London attack: 500 imams condemn terrorists and refuse to perform funeral prayer for 'vile murderers'

Post by debs on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:25 pm

I just ran a google search on this story and not one American MSM venue reported on this act. Online, buzzfeed (and a couple of other non mainstream sites) covered this story, however, most people think buzzfeed is nothing more than a site that offers a quiz on which "Friends" character you are most like, completely ignoring the fact that they do a hell of a job on political reporting. Of course, if our MSM had bothered to cover this it would erode the campaign to paint all Muslims as potential terrorists who celebrate each act of terrorism.

Yesterday, there were several small protests in the US against Sharia Law. When interviewed not one protester could name a single event in the US where Sharia Law trumped civil or criminal law, but that's just a silly detail to them. Don't let the foolishness blind you to how dangerous the rhetoric, of these right wingers, is as the hate speech and threats of violence are escalating. Trump really did give these folks an implied permission to act and does very little to condemn their actions.

debs
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat. on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:51 pm

debs wrote:I just ran a google search on this story and not one American MSM venue reported on this act.  Online, buzzfeed (and a couple of other non mainstream sites) covered this story, however, most people think buzzfeed is nothing more than a site that offers a quiz on which "Friends" character you are most like, completely ignoring the fact that they do a hell of a job on political reporting.  Of course, if our MSM had bothered to cover this it would erode the campaign to paint all Muslims as potential terrorists who celebrate each act of terrorism.

Yesterday, there were several small protests in the US against Sharia Law.  When interviewed not one protester could name a single event in the US where Sharia Law trumped civil or criminal law, but that's just a silly detail to them. Don't let the foolishness blind you to how dangerous the rhetoric, of these right wingers, is as the hate speech and threats of violence are escalating.  Trump really did give these folks an implied permission to act and does very little to condemn their actions.  
There are evil people at work in this world, I have seen many posters on several forums vilifying Muslims, abusing them for their beliefs, this feeds the hatred, this feeds war. It's the same no doubt in your country, from this side of the pond many saw Hilary as potentially more corrupt than Trump, I thought and still think that she would have been a greater threat to world peace than Trump, I'm a big fan of Sanders, the Democrats should have chosen him, Clinton was always too tarnished, and that wasn't just RW hysteria.

Muslims have a hard time because their religion clashes openly with western civilisation, some Muslims want to live with us, a few nutjobs adhere to its blood thirsty barbarity.

We all need to integrate into a fair and decent society, Clinton wanted corporate slavery to govern us, Trump wants to be Kaiser, his visit to the Middle East has started something, perhaps by accident Trump has instigated a slither of hope in that region, there does seem to be some interesting soul searching over there at the moment.
Scrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by debs on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:16 pm

There are evil people at work in this world, I have seen many posters on several forums vilifying Muslims, abusing them for their beliefs, this feeds the hatred, this feeds war. It's the same no doubt in your country, from this side of the pond many saw Hilary as potentially more corrupt than Trump, I thought and still think that she would have been a greater threat to world peace than Trump, I'm a big fan of Sanders, the Democrats should have chosen him, Clinton was always too tarnished, and that wasn't just RW hysteria.

Muslims have a hard time because their religion clashes openly with western civilisation, some Muslims want to live with us, a few nutjobs adhere to its blood thirsty barbarity.

We all need to integrate into a fair and decent society, Clinton wanted corporate slavery to govern us, Trump wants to be Kaiser, his visit to the Middle East has started something, perhaps by accident Trump has instigated a slither of hope in that region, there does seem to be some interesting soul searching over there at the moment.[/quote]

Bernie was my preference and all else aside with Clinton, I'm just tired of them.  Post election I've had enough of Hill's blame games.  She needs to call it for what it was and it was one really bad campaign.  She came out of that convention looking strong and then week by week that campaign just sat on it's collective asses feeling assured that Cheeto Boy was going to destroy himself.  (Where were they during the GOP primary?)  

State side I think there is a real envy within the fundamentalist christians that in the middle east religion dictates social and cultural norms.  It's a system they would very much like to see take over the US.  In some respects, it's two rigid religious orders accusing one another of a blasphemy with real world consequences.  Too few want to look at the economic truths that get twisted and bent and are used to manipulate young minds into extreme actions.  Hopelessness has more to do with triggers than religious extremism at the onset.

Last edited by debs on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : separating my response - seem to have messed up on "quote" tool. I'm good at that!)

debs
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Last edited by debs on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : separating my response - seem to have messed up on "quote" tool. I'm good at that!)
When you hit that 'QUOTE' option from the posted page the quoted text will appear encapsulated inside a box with a yellow back ground ...on our icon tool bar the 'quote' option looks like a thought bubble    to use! 
Took me forever to Debs to figure this Forumotion system out ...many suffered through my foul ups also!  Laughing
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat. on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 pm

debs wrote:There are evil people at work in this world, I have seen many posters on several forums vilifying Muslims, abusing them for their beliefs, this feeds the hatred, this feeds war. It's the same no doubt in your country, from this side of the pond many saw Hilary as potentially more corrupt than Trump, I thought and still think that she would have been a greater threat to world peace than Trump, I'm a big fan of Sanders, the Democrats should have chosen him, Clinton was always too tarnished, and that wasn't just RW hysteria.

We all need to integrate into a fair and decent society, Clinton wanted corporate slavery to govern us, Trump wants to be Kaiser, his visit to the Middle East has started something, perhaps by accident Trump has instigated a slither of hope in that region, there does seem to be some interesting soul searching over there at the moment.

Bernie was my preference and all else aside with Clinton, I'm just tired of them.  Post election I've had enough of Hill's blame games.  She needs to call it for what it was and it was one really bad campaign.  She came out of that convention looking strong and then week by week that campaign just sat on it's collective asses feeling assured that Cheeto Boy was going to destroy himself.  (Where were they during the GOP primary?)  

State side I think there is a real envy within the fundamentalist christians that in the middle east religion dictates social and cultural norms.  It's a system they would very much like to see take over the US.  In some respects, it's two rigid religious orders accusing one another of a blasphemy with real world consequences.  Too few want to look at the economic truths that get twisted and bent and are used to manipulate young minds into extreme actions.  Hopelessness has more to do with triggers than religious extremism at the onset.[/quote]America was always seen by us Brits as the beacon of hope, You've the power to make the world a better place for everyone, and I know this will upset some Zionists, but when the Jewish people pursue Zionism and wealth,,,it only ever ends in tears.
Scrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Scrat. wrote:
debs wrote:There are evil people at work in this world, I have seen many posters on several forums vilifying Muslims, abusing them for their beliefs, this feeds the hatred, this feeds war. It's the same no doubt in your country, from this side of the pond many saw Hilary as potentially more corrupt than Trump, I thought and still think that she would have been a greater threat to world peace than Trump, I'm a big fan of Sanders, the Democrats should have chosen him, Clinton was always too tarnished, and that wasn't just RW hysteria.

State side I think there is a real envy within the fundamentalist christians that in the middle east religion dictates social and cultural norms.  It's a system they would very much like to see take over the US.  In some respects, it's two rigid religious orders accusing one another of a blasphemy with real world consequences.  Too few want to look at the economic truths that get twisted and bent and are used to manipulate young minds into extreme actions.  Hopelessness has more to do with triggers than religious extremism at the onset.
America was always seen by us Brits as the beacon of hope, You've the power to make the world a better place for everyone, and I know this will upset some Zionists, but when the Jewish people pursue Zionism and wealth,,,it only ever ends in tears.[/quote]

I see Bernie has come under attack from an article published in the Gatestone Institute. The article has been recycled on to NF by Thorin (Didge)

You have to wonder don't you.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Boris didn't like the barriers on London Bridge.

Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by debs on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Irn, if you haven't read it, I highly recommend

"A People's History of the United States" by Prof. Howard Zinn

as it might make you think about the reality of that "beacon of hope." You walk away from this book realizing that fix was always in and how true it is that the business of America is business.

debs
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top