Bathroom project in progress

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:07 pm






affraid
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:04 pm

    OMG ...someone stole your entire bathroom Suspect   One thing for certain, dear young man - you & your other ½ just don't do thing ½assed --- you go hole hog/full steam ahead!  LOL
But that's going to keep you both busy and your mind off of the 'waiting' for the entire next year for the BIG EVENT! 

So what's the PLAN - besides out with the OLD STUFF?  Looked like storage is a much needed option for that tiny space - rather like my bathroom too!  Razz  
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 473
Join date : 2017-02-16
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:    OMG ...someone stole your entire bathroom Suspect   One thing for certain, dear young man - you & your other ½ just don't do thing ½assed --- you go hole hog/full steam ahead!  LOL
But that's going to keep you both busy and your mind off of the 'waiting' for the entire next year for the BIG EVENT! 

So what's the PLAN - besides out with the OLD STUFF?  Looked like storage is a much needed option for that tiny space - rather like my bathroom too!  Razz  
Hi 4ever I love you

Yea...And no bath or shower facilities for atleast a week! affraid ....No hot water at the moment either, will have to do some consulting with the builder tomorrow over that, but they are a well established firm in SE London with a 97% approval raiting, they are a really nice and friendly Hungarian team!

There is an issue with space in these old converted Victorian terraced houses, but then our bedroom is of a resonable size as is our garden, there a far many more much smaller places in London so we have no reasons at all to complain imo!

One spoiler today....Doug parked his mobility scooter two doors down, to reserve a parking space in the road, it is an 8mph one and can go on the road as it has indicators etc..

...The old fucker next door was screaming and shouting at Doug, saying that he wasn't allowed to put it there due to road tax issues when they are allowed on to be parked on the road and free of tax!

...You could hear me down the bottom of the road shouting at the ****! 'Mobility scooters are allowed on the road and you don't have to pay tax'....Booming at him until he went into his house!
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 pm

When he went in i shouted...yea 'Fuck off twat'

Idiot!
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Ah, well ...always gotta be at least one old curmudgeon sticking his nose into everyone's business - even though it has nothing to do with him what-so-ever!
I can manage pretty well with a 'sponge bath' {poor childhood & 5 siblings}  but needing a TOILET; that's when it gets iffy for me!

Hopefully the old curmudgeon will get over his ole' nasty self and just STFU, this remodel project is going to be tenuous on everyone, I can't fathom getting equipment & remodeling in & out of those narrow roadways  &  confined rooms. How are the fur balls handling all of that noise? Laughing    
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 473
Join date : 2017-02-16
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:35 pm

....Thing is, i was in the living room with the windows open and Doug was waiting for the builder to return from the dump so he could move the scooter again, so i heard the commotion!

...Had i been outside he wouldn't have said anything!

It incenses me that he thinks that he can pick on Doug!

He best watch out. I would NEVER lay a finger on him but i could conduct a mental campaign against him. Twisted Evil
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:Ah, well ...always gotta be at least one old curmudgeon sticking his nose into everyone's business - even though it has nothing to do with him what-so-ever!
I can manage pretty well with a 'sponge bath' {poor childhood & 5 siblings}  but needing a TOILET; that's when it gets iffy for me!

Hopefully the old curmudgeon will get over his ole' nasty self and just STFU, this remodel project is going to be tenuous on everyone, I can't fathom getting equipment & remodeling in & out of those narrow roadways  &  confined rooms. How are the fur balls handling all of that noise? Laughing     

Laughing I keep the bedroom door closed with the cats in, but the bedroom window is wide open, so they can jump in and out to the garden, their food is in the bedroom.

The gazebo is open, so they go and sit on the sun loungers! Laughing

The new bathroom suite is ultra modern, the walls and floor are going to be completely retilled, new ceiling lighting, heated towel rail, new double glazed (smaller window)..

...New chrome fittings, shower screen etc....

I will post pics of the final result Razz
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Our recently done living room stays with the Victorian theme, as with the hallway.

...The next project is the kitchen which will be ultra modern again, which i'm keen to get on with straight away after the bathroom tbf, due to all these parking issues, i can't see any kind of reason to break tbf.
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:56 pm

....I'm having thoughts about the kitchen flooring, something nice, but needs lots of drilling etc!
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Aspca4ever on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:14 am

Wood Flooring; against my better judgement & having dogs & water bowls - I purchased loads of those wide plank boxes of a beautiful flooring that just snaps together and very little cutting to adjust each section into proper proportions and secured to the next section run!  FFS - between mom's scouring the hell the out of it with her walker - the dogs skidding across it with their toe nails - the last of the two older dogs and their urine issues ...I was STUPID and should have just gone with one of the many lovely color faux board patterns in the linoleum rolled kitchen flooring!  I'd been money ahead many times over.  I've replaced 4 sections due to water swelling the planks from water dropped that I wasn't aware of - mother didn't know she'd dropped the water - the area that is for the dogs seems to get very wet from Teddy's playing in his water bowl with both his front feet - so now that's another section that needs attention; I'm running out of back/spare planks to replace the problems areas!  And it's so F'n hard to pull one plank out and put one plank back in ...I usually have to undo several to make it work!  OMG - I cuss that job like I was a Sailor!!!  Embarassed  
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 473
Join date : 2017-02-16
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am

Aspca4ever wrote:Wood Flooring; against my better judgement & having dogs & water bowls - I purchased loads of those wide plank boxes of a beautiful flooring that just snaps together and very little cutting to adjust each section into proper proportions and secured to the next section run!  FFS - between mom's scouring the hell the out of it with her walker - the dogs skidding across it with their toe nails - the last of the two older dogs and their urine issues ...I was STUPID and should have just gone with one of the many lovely color faux board patterns in the linoleum rolled kitchen flooring!  I'd been money ahead many times over.  I've replaced 4 sections due to water swelling the planks from water dropped that I wasn't aware of - mother didn't know she'd dropped the water - the area that is for the dogs seems to get very wet from Teddy's playing in his water bowl with both his front feet - so now that's another section that needs attention; I'm running out of back/spare planks to replace the problems areas!  And it's so F'n hard to pull one plank out and put one plank back in ...I usually have to undo several to make it work!  OMG - I cuss that job like I was a Sailor!!!  Embarassed  

affraid I don't envy you at all! As i've discussed with you in the past, you have lovely big houses and grounds, but that's very hard to upkeep and maintain, so perhaps slightly smaller is better!

We have the high grade oak laminate in the front room and hallway. so Doug is keen to have that in the kitchen as well to tally in with the oak doors. It's very durable, waterproof and easy to maintain and easy to clean the occasional cat sick off!

I've been thinking about this lack of showering issue....Just thought, why not hire a cheap hotel room in a couple of days or so. Builder starts at 9am, we could be back here in plenty of time and tbf, i'm extremely grumpy if i can't get a bath or shower each day!

Please bear with me if i get a bit toxic over the next few days! What a Face Laughing
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:23 pm



Razz   Better and deeper than standard! Can't wait to get into that!
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Aspca4ever on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:26 am

Philagain1 wrote:

Razz   Better and deeper than standard! Can't wait to get into that!
AWESOME ...I'm so green with envy - a true soaking tub ...glorious!
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 473
Join date : 2017-02-16
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:38 pm



...Still a way to go yet...
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by victorismyhero on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 pm

looking good though...I like your choice of tiles and that bath.
One question though, given Dougs disability problems, wouldnt it have been better to have it totally redesigned as a so called "wet room", with shower etc? dunno scratch
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2597
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:04 pm

victorismyhero wrote:looking good though...I like your choice of tiles and that bath.
One question though, given Dougs disability problems, wouldnt it have been better to have it totally redesigned as a so called "wet room", with shower etc? dunno scratch

Thanks.

It's going to have a shower at the front of the bath.

Doug still has the disability equipment, ie a step that helps him get in and out of the bath, the shower chair but tbf since he had the operation to have the stents put into the arteries in his legs this year he has gradually been improving. He's been told that he should now be taking exercise to improve the strength in his legs further and can walk short distances and then break before for the same amount of time, then he starts again.

We can only hope that he progresses further over the coming months!
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by victorismyhero on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:13 pm

I'm glad to hear he's improving Phil, fingers crossed for further improvement and progress.....
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2597
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Sassy on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:17 pm

He's doing well Phil, and I like the tiles.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1779
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Sassy wrote:He's doing well Phil, and I like the tiles.

Yea...Not forgetting that he had a heart attack as well at the beginning of last year, he's very good at bouncing back! Very Happy

I had no input over the bathroom at all btw! ...Because i made all of the other decisions over the other improvements, he wanted to have a say for a change Laughing Cool
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Sassy on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:33 pm

And why not, sounds fair.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1779
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:38 pm

victorismyhero wrote:I'm glad to hear he's improving Phil, fingers crossed for further improvement and progress.....

Well, i'm arranging outings where he will have to walk, They found out that he has diabetes at the time of the heart attack and he has to inject insulin now so that's even more important as well as dietry issues.

Dietry changes fall on deaf ears though, but i have got him onto zero sugar drinks, but that's easy because i've been doing that for quite a while.
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Sassy wrote:And why not, sounds fair.

Yea, i had a few missgivings over what he would choose but he did really well! Razz
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:43 pm

...When we first moved here he did the bedroom in canary yellow walls and a dark blue ceiling lol
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by victorismyhero on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:53 pm

Philagain1 wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:I'm glad to hear he's improving Phil, fingers crossed for further improvement and progress.....

Well, i'm arranging outings where he will have to walk, They found out that he has diabetes at the time of the heart attack and he has to inject insulin now so that's even more important as well as dietry issues.

Dietry changes fall on deaf ears though, but i have got him onto zero sugar drinks, but that's easy because i've been doing that for quite a while.

Kick his ass Phil...if he needs insulin its serious, watch for cravings and "hidden stashes of forbidden sugary foods" we had terrible trouble with MIL over that ...and it killed her in the end , she OD'd on sugar it affected her temporal lobes and she became more or less sedentary, then had a stroke....AND check with a GOOD diabetes specialist ...NOT one of the "we've always done it tyis way so we will continue tribe....but replacing what sugar he does have with fructose (get it from asda) it counts as carbs of course BUT its slower absorbed and acts more like starch than the normal sugar oh and it far sweeter tasting so you only need about 1/3rd of the amount. BUT CHECK..... its not suitable for everyone, It may be that I can use it becasue I'm tablet controlled not insulin controlled....
avatar
victorismyhero
sael curunithron
sael curunithron

Posts : 2597
Join date : 2011-02-15
Location : cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathroom project in progress

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:15 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:I'm glad to hear he's improving Phil, fingers crossed for further improvement and progress.....

Well, i'm arranging outings where he will have to walk, They found out that he has diabetes at the time of the heart attack and he has to inject insulin now so that's even more important as well as dietry issues.

Dietry changes fall on deaf ears though, but i have got him onto zero sugar drinks, but that's easy because i've been doing that for quite a while.

Kick his ass Phil...if he needs insulin its serious, watch for cravings and "hidden stashes of forbidden sugary foods" we had terrible trouble with MIL over that ...and it killed her in the end , she OD'd on sugar it affected her temporal lobes and she became more or less sedentary, then had a stroke....AND check with a GOOD diabetes specialist ...NOT one of the "we've always done it tyis way so we will continue tribe....but replacing what sugar he does have with fructose (get it from asda) it counts as carbs of course BUT its slower absorbed and acts more like starch than the normal sugar  oh and it far sweeter tasting so you only need about 1/3rd of the amount.  BUT CHECK.....  its not suitable for everyone, It may be that I can use it becasue I'm tablet controlled not insulin controlled....

Oh, i am on his case constantly. It's highly annoying, that we are even closer than ever before, getting married next year (booked)and now i have to get all narky over his diabetes, but i know that it has to be done.

To his credit, he has a book where without fail he records the blood test thing. his last reading as 30.5?

He's quite lethargic from time to time, but he's awake and watching the news with me tonight when normally he would have fallen asleep earlier, then gone to bed.

I keep a very close eye on him since his heart attack and constantly check on him at all times, even when semi awake myself.
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum