My last hard scape landscape project 2012 - 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My last hard scape landscape project 2012 - 2017

Post by Aspca4ever on Sat May 06, 2017 11:46 pm

This was the team work idea with my dear mother: I was tired of the lawn sloping off into the street and causing my riding mower such axle issues that I had a front loader scrape it back 4' and the retaining wall put in.  Then it was a question of what to plant along that 80' stretch of street front that wouldn't encroach and inhibit the bicycle/foot traffic on that wide brick street but look great and take some abuse as well.
It was mom's suggestion about putting it into a rose garden and since the 'Knock Out Rose' bushes were having such a great history of healthy - low maintenance - light/occasional pruning ...that seemed the perfect choice.
MAY 6, 2012:  26 'Knock Out Rose' bushes - 2 pinks - 2 whites - 2 reds - 2 yellows and keep repeating until that area was filled up.  

Now May 6, 2017 > > >

I've still have this 6' curve to decide what to put in there ...I read that there are a new apricot color Knock Out Rose ...I may have to save up some egg money and start a couple of those in that space.  I love you
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: My last hard scape landscape project 2012 - 2017

Post by Sassy on Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 pm

New heard of Knock Out roses? But I love all roses and that looks lovely. Amazing how a bit of earth that's a bother can be turned into something beautiful.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top