Venice break

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Tue May 02, 2017 6:23 pm

We are off tomorrow for a four day break to Venice, phones off and no social media! Razz

Will try to upload some pics when we return!

Very Happy
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Sassy on Tue May 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Sounds lovely Phil, somewhere I have never been, enjoy and do post the pics.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1625
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Tue May 02, 2017 6:35 pm

We both could do with getting a bit of exercise, so we are really looking forward to it and it's been a while since we went away. Smile
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Wed May 03, 2017 2:53 am



I think i drove Doug mad with Venice stuff this evening! Cool

You have to know stuff!
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Thu May 04, 2017 10:47 pm

It took us a couple of hours to find this small and intimate hotel! This one is 4 star, but down one of the side ways and has only been open for five days and newly refurbished Cool We are the first ones to have this very nice room! (We had a moan that they didn't put the new name above the hotel)...It's very mod con though, Doug says that I need to try to work out the air conditioning thing!

They have a very nice self service breakfast bar that caters for all needs under the sun! Razz

It's a very friendly place and extremely beautiful, but it is a bit pricey tbf.

I have lots of pics to post when we get back and we are doing the private gondola ride tomorrow afternoon (weather permitting) Smile
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Aspca4ever on Fri May 05, 2017 12:32 am

Ok, color me alien with envy but I'm also very pleased that Doug has improved so much that you both can get away!  He's come so very far in just the short time I've got to know him through your posts - amazing man your bestie buddy! 
Well, enjoy and do try to behave - the both of you!  {{hugs}} and looking forward to the photo's too!
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:Ok, color me alien with envy but I'm also very pleased that Doug has improved so much that you both can get away!  He's come so very far in just the short time I've got to know him through your posts - amazing man your bestie buddy! 
Well, enjoy and do try to behave - the both of you!  {{hugs}} and looking forward to the photo's too!


He's done great!

Fifteen minutes walking and then fifteen minutes resting, building up the strength in his legs gradually Very Happy
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:11 pm

avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Will post more tomorrow.....
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:14 pm

avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Aspca4ever on Sun May 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Laughing WOW, lovely - lovely photo's ...TY.  I've always wondered what does it 'SMELL' like around those water ways/canals?  See I envision a not so pleasant fishy/foul water aroma and was wondering if I'm right? 
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:Laughing WOW, lovely - lovely photo's ...TY.  I've always wondered what does it 'SMELL' like around those water ways/canals?  See I envision a not so pleasant fishy/foul water aroma and was wondering if I'm right? 

No it's all rubbish.

There was one alley that we went down on the gondolla ride that smelt a bit bad, but that was it!
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:26 pm

avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 pm

avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Aspca4ever on Sun May 07, 2017 11:41 pm

Philagain1 wrote:
Aspca4ever wrote:Laughing WOW, lovely - lovely photo's ...TY.  I've always wondered what does it 'SMELL' like around those water ways/canals?  See I envision a not so pleasant fishy/foul water aroma and was wondering if I'm right? 

No it's all rubbish.

There was one alley that we went down on the gondolla ride that smelt a bit bad, but that was it!
Great, good to know - and it's not like anyone told me ...just something I've often wondered since all of our dark lake water around here always has a 'not so pleasant fishy aroma to it'! 
Say, do those Gondola Taxi's really sing to you as they take you about?
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Sun May 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:
Aspca4ever wrote:Laughing WOW, lovely - lovely photo's ...TY.  I've always wondered what does it 'SMELL' like around those water ways/canals?  See I envision a not so pleasant fishy/foul water aroma and was wondering if I'm right? 

No it's all rubbish.

There was one alley that we went down on the gondolla ride that smelt a bit bad, but that was it!
Great, good to know - and it's not like anyone told me ...just something I've often wondered since all of our dark lake water around here always has a 'not so pleasant fishy aroma to it'! 
Say, do those Gondola Taxi's really sing to you as they take you about?


Laughing No! They just point out the ancient buildings, most of them dating back to the 15th century and talk about the history of the place!

I asked about the houses being damp? Most of the ground floors aren't used anymore because they flood, they have really bad problems with damp and it's true that Venice is gradually sinking Sad
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm

avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Mon May 08, 2017 2:54 pm


avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 pm


avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm


avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Mon May 08, 2017 3:00 pm


avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon May 08, 2017 3:14 pm

WOW, I'm so enjoying your photo's! 
Lucky for me, the recent show 'Amazing Race' just had a segment of events on and they were in Venice - had to learn a Gondola song - had to paint a mask from a group of dancers - had to find specific fishing lures from people fishing out of their windows and some other things. 
Those type of shows is about the only way I'll get to see such sights, well and good people like you two sharing your photo's too. 
BTW - who's carrying for the furry family members while you two are off for your holiday?  Just curious - not making a frowning statement in any regard ...cats are pretty self-sufficient, unlike my 2 poopers!  LOL
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Mon May 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:WOW, I'm so enjoying your photo's! 
Lucky for me, the recent show 'Amazing Race' just had a segment of events on and they were in Venice - had to learn a Gondola song - had to paint a mask from a group of dancers - had to find specific fishing lures from people fishing out of their windows and some other things. 
Those type of shows is about the only way I'll get to see such sights, well and good people like you two sharing your photo's too. 
BTW - who's carrying for the furry family members while you two are off for your holiday?  Just curious - not making a frowning statement in any regard ...cats are pretty self-sufficient, unlike my 2 poopers!  LOL

Our upstairs neighbour! We got her some souveniers and some duty free to say thanks. Smile
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Venice break

Post by Philagain1 on Fri May 12, 2017 12:31 am

Aspca4ever wrote:Ok, color me alien with envy but I'm also very pleased that Doug has improved so much that you both can get away!  He's come so very far in just the short time I've got to know him through your posts - amazing man your bestie buddy! 
Well, enjoy and do try to behave - the both of you!  {{hugs}} and looking forward to the photo's too!

It's his diabetes issue now though. I took a call from the hospital today (he was out volunteering at the charity shop) they are concerned about his blood sugar level being too high and he has to see his GP tomorrow.

We are going through an extremely and happy/stable stage in our relationship, we are very financially secure and able to do what we like and are about to finish off the renovations to our home.

I know that he will get pissed off with me when i have to start pushing healthy eating again etc... Rolling Eyes
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1238
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum