New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Shady2 on Fri May 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Shady2 wrote:
Aspca4ever wrote:
There have been far greater minds than my wee-little one that have sold their masters degree's for $$$$ to the highest bidder just to say 'There's No Real Science Behind Global Warming!'
And yet, they aren't having any control on what 'Mother Nature' is doing and showing us daily/weekly/monthly with all of our collections points from all those other nations gathering the data and comparing the facts.

So scoff all you want too, all you have is your 'POV', Shady ...and that isn't going to change what is taking place and what the science is showing us!  And despite your 'head in the sand POV' ...our collective action regarding fluorocarbons and auto emissions has made a marked improvement on the hole in the ozone!
Small steps might seem futile to the 'deniers' but it's obviously to the majority; any corrective action is better than NO CORRECTIVE ACTION.  Twisted Evil
Thanks for your views.I disagree with them but I do respect them.

You might try to extend the same courtesy sometime.
Well, Shady ...you seem to want to split hairs and I'll follow your lead;
I didn't 'DISREPECT' your POV in the least ...but you clearly stated that "believing in this global warming garbage" Suspect 
So when wanting to have an adult discussion regarding what we all have been reading to stay current within the parameters of the subject matter ...you haven't given anything but your OPINION and I'm providing current articles.

We can all agree that we only have this ONE PLANET to live on and from our human foot print forward right into that grand industrial age ...we've been most neglectful in how we use & abuse this world.  Or we'd not have created the hole in our ozone and have needed to make an immediate change in what & how we were flooding our atmosphere with harmful ingredients. 
Between the arctic warming {work crews having shortened seasons} glacial calving - large & expedient snow & ice melts in Iceland - more extreme hot temperatures and arid areas expanding - drought conditions growing and crops failing/mass starvation spreading globally - our shore lines being consumed by the oceans and what once was a military base is now being reclaimed by the ocean rising! 

Lots of data & stats that just didn't happen over night!  Suspect     

Please have a look at my relpy to Deadpool.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 208
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Deadpool on Fri May 05, 2017 8:32 pm

I don.t mind skeptical that`s how science works.

I don`t mind people, admitting they do not understand something, science is a very complicated subject, And although i wish everyone could grasp its complexity's,   sadly that is just not how we are ,otherwise we would all be Einsteins,or Leonardo da Vincis.

No some people find it hard,and no amount of study helps  others it seems "!Well duh!!".

And as peoples egos can be bruised when a long held belief is disputed or corrected they become entrenched .
why i don`t know ?. I know lots of things ,and only the basics of many more things than i can count. But if somebody can "teach this old dog new tricks or correct some long held belief why would you not want that knowledge ?.
 
They are lots of people more qualified than i ,who spend there life`s studying these questions  and many others who`s expertise we all depend on.

With out the belief in science we would not have microwave ovens or computers or many of the other advancements we have had because of science
But science today is under siege from Fake news,conspiracy theory nuts,special interest groups like oil and arms company`s  ,and notice that word "advancement "

   Stand back for a second Look back to a major city like london in the late 1700s .we used to dump effluent ,food waste ,dead animal ect ect. in the street ,disease was rampant ,it was science and medicine that sounded the warnings .

Er.... Hey guys its in the water,or its carried by rats and flea or what ever the transmission method it was science that discovered that.
And just like today they where people who refused to believe it, who obstructed the "Great work" as it became know and London became  the "relatively heathy place it is to day, because science sounded the warning and provided the solutions .

 Now instead of "street" in my above tale think PLANET

That`s scientific "Advancement"....more powerful than any God, people may pray to, for salvation or mercy, because it actually listens to you, and talks back.
The language is unique and complex ,but the beauty of it is well,.........Well  its`s the language of everything ,everything you see,touch feel ,taste or experience, its right there..........


   er the years I have read numerous arguments for & against climate change etc & the trouble is,there are as many convincing arguments against the theory as there are supporting it.

Articles written by people who obviously understand the myriad of data who rebuke the claims of the global warming believers & who put across sensible non hysterical explanations.

 So who am I to believe Deadpool? Now the thing that helps me make my mind up are the many claims of immediate disaster that have failed to materialize,such as this one.

   Reading and understanding and applying that knowledge can be difficult no question. Hell i am no expert its difficult for me as well some of the stuff just goes over my head ,But the mistake most people make is trying to run, Before they can walk i am just as guilty


Who do you believe.   That`s a good question But its not a case of "who". its a case of "what"?.
And that`s not my call its yours,fortunately we live in a society where you have the right to believe what you want ,
no matter how bereft of supporting facts or insidious it may be to others.However when that belief is harmful or detrimental then intervention is warranted
the reasons for such actions should not be glib in there application but as the world is coming to realize FAKE NEWS is f£"$g dangerous.

To be honest i suspect you don`t listen to the RW radio and TV in America where the roots of this really grown deep, people like Alex joans ,rush Limbaugh and all the other raving lunatics they have allowed on the air, since changes in FCC rules back in the 90s, they used to be broadcasting standards of truth and fairness, But Regan scrapped that, and that allowed the pumping this lies and conspiracy crap out, all day 7 days a week

Notice you really don`t get that kind of broadcast in the uk, and we are as a whole generally more accepting of the science and the need to protect the environment,there is a big push on diesel engines on at the moment isn`t they ?
   

Science is constantly proved all the time. If we take something like any fiction, or any holy book, and destroyed it, in a thousand years’ time that wouldn’t come back just as it was. Whereas if we took every science book and every fact and destroyed them all, in a thousand years they’d all be back, because all the same tests would be the same result.”
the truth is hard to destroy, in fact it is immortal



In 1992 I was standing on Naples Beach Florida reading an article in the local paper which was written by someone with loads of letters after his name & on the surface,seemingly well qualified to put his case across.In his article were the words which I remember to this day....'In 10 years time where you are standing will be under the sea'.
A detailed explanation was given,including graphics of how ALL OF FLORIDA would be underwater by 2000 & at the very latest by 2002.In a nutshell this
catastrophe would be caused by the melting of the ice caps & all of the rest of it.

Unless you are going to tell me different,this prediction did not materialize. And over here & many years ago Prince Charles said we had 30 years left.
And then there those others who say millions will die in 30,40,50 or 60 years time blah blah blah.
All these dates come & go & we are still here.These are just a few of the reasons why I am skeptical about the climate change claims.


Well without reading the story you did ,i have no frame of reference ,and would have to see the detailed explanation that was given,including graphics that you saw.
because "in a nut shell " isn`t a scientific method of critical review and rebuttal
And that`s basically the essence of "PEER" reviewed, somebody reads the theory or hypothesis put forward, so if you can find the piece you read, i may be able to discuss it more specifically.

But you do agree the sea level is rising?.

_________________
Chicka-chickahhhhh...


Last edited by Deadpool on Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Deadpool
Forum Member

Posts : 78
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Deadpool on Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 pm




@ shady

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

avatar
Deadpool
Forum Member

Posts : 78
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Shady2 on Sat May 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Deadpool wrote:I don.t mind skeptical that`s how science works.

I don`t mind people, admitting they do not understand something, science is a very complicated subject, And although i wish everyone could grasp its complexity's,   sadly that is just not how we are ,otherwise we would all be Einsteins,or Leonardo da Vincis.

No some people find it hard,and no amount of study helps  others it seems "!Well duh!!".

And as peoples egos can be bruised when a long held belief is disputed or corrected they become entrenched .
why i don`t know ?. I know lots of things ,and only the basics of many more things than i can count. But if somebody can "teach this old dog new tricks or correct some long held belief why would you not want that knowledge ?.
 
They are lots of people more qualified than i ,who spend there life`s studying these questions  and many others who`s expertise we all depend on.

With out the belief in science we would not have microwave ovens or computers or many of the other advancements we have had because of science
But science today is under siege from Fake news,conspiracy theory nuts,special interest groups like oil and arms company`s  ,and notice that word "advancement "

   Stand back for a second Look back to a major city like london in the late 1700s .we used to dump effluent ,food waste ,dead animal ect ect. in the street ,disease was rampant ,it was science and medicine that sounded the warnings .

Er.... Hey guys its in the water,or its carried by rats and flea or what ever the transmission method it was science that discovered that.
And just like today they where people who refused to believe it, who obstructed the "Great work" as it became know and London became  the "relatively heathy place it is to day, because science sounded the warning and provided the solutions .

 Now instead of "street" in my above tale think PLANET

That`s scientific "Advancement"....more powerful than any God, people may pray to, for salvation or mercy, because it actually listens to you, and talks back.
The language is unique and complex ,but the beauty of it is well,.........Well  its`s the language of everything ,everything you see,touch feel ,taste or experience, its right there..........


   er the years I have read numerous arguments for & against climate change etc & the trouble is,there are as many convincing arguments against the theory as there are supporting it.

Articles written by people who obviously understand the myriad of data who rebuke the claims of the global warming believers & who put across sensible non hysterical explanations.

 So who am I to believe Deadpool? Now the thing that helps me make my mind up are the many claims of immediate disaster that have failed to materialize,such as this one.

   Reading and understanding and applying that knowledge can be difficult no question. Hell i am no expert its difficult for me as well some of the stuff just goes over my head ,But the mistake most people make is trying to run, Before they can walk i am just as guilty


Who do you believe.   That`s a good question But its not a case of "who". its a case of "what"?.
And that`s not my call its yours,fortunately we live in a society where you have the right to believe what you want ,
no matter how bereft of supporting facts or insidious it may be to others.However when that belief is harmful or detrimental then intervention is warranted
the reasons for such actions should not be glib in there application but as the world is coming to realize FAKE NEWS is f£"$g dangerous.

To be honest i suspect you don`t listen to the RW radio and TV in America where the roots of this really grown deep, people like Alex joans ,rush Limbaugh and all the other raving lunatics they have allowed on the air, since changes in FCC rules back in the 90s, they used to be broadcasting standards of truth and fairness, But Regan scrapped that, and that allowed the pumping this lies and conspiracy crap out, all day 7 days a week

Notice you really don`t get that kind of broadcast in the uk, and we are as a whole generally more accepting of the science and the need to protect the environment,there is a big push on diesel engines on at the moment isn`t they ?
   

Science is constantly proved all the time. If we take something like any fiction, or any holy book, and destroyed it, in a thousand years’ time that wouldn’t come back just as it was. Whereas if we took every science book and every fact and destroyed them all, in a thousand years they’d all be back, because all the same tests would be the same result.”
the truth is hard to destroy, in fact it is immortal



In 1992 I was standing on Naples Beach Florida reading an article in the local paper which was written by someone with loads of letters after his name & on the surface,seemingly well qualified to put his case across.In his article were the words which I remember to this day....'In 10 years time where you are standing will be under the sea'.
A detailed explanation was given,including graphics of how ALL OF FLORIDA would be underwater by 2000 & at the very latest by 2002.In a nutshell this
catastrophe would be caused by the melting of the ice caps & all of the rest of it.

Unless you are going to tell me different,this prediction did not materialize. And over here & many years ago Prince Charles said we had 30 years left.
And then there those others who say millions will die in 30,40,50 or 60 years time blah blah blah.
All these dates come & go & we are still here.These are just a few of the reasons why I am skeptical about the climate change claims.


Well without reading the story you did ,i have no frame of reference ,and would have to see the detailed explanation that was given,including graphics that you saw.
because "in a nut shell " isn`t a scientific method of critical review and rebuttal
And that`s basically the essence of "PEER" reviewed, somebody reads the theory or hypothesis put forward, so if you can find the piece you read, i may be able to discuss it more specifically.

But you do agree the sea level is rising?.

_________________
Chicka-chickahhhhh...

What I can tell you Deadpool is that the sea level is not rising off Plymouth Hoe which is where I live.Except when the tide comes in.

Regarding those small ares of land which are in the process of being reclaimed by the sea,there could other explanations such as run of the mill coastal erosion which is never ending.

When I see a large land mass like Florida become submerged all of a sudden,then I'll give the rising sea level theory some credibility.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 208
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Deadpool on Sat May 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Well i can tell you it is.

Just because you don't notice the rise is irrelevant.
Things that you see every day, means you tend not to notice small changes over a long time until one day you look at it and say WTF.

Parents do it all the time with there children as they grow up.

Until now, it was assumed that sea levels rose an average of 0.7 to 1.0 millimetres a year due to this "thermometer effect." According to the new calculations, however, the ocean's expansion contributed about 1.4mm a year – almost twice as much as previously assumed.

So as you see, or don`t see more accurately, It is the slow rise over years and unless your actively measuring the sea level you cant really tell until the cumulative effect is more noticeable .

See this is the problem all you "deniers skeptic Suspect  " have  "When I see a large land mass like Florida become submerged".
Because that statement, on its own demonstrated a underlying inability to understand cause and affect.


You think that sea level is just going to dramatically  rise over night and swamp Florida? ,And that`s the argument you and many others use.
To be honest it feels like you don`t even bother to check your facts. (another scientific method)

Things like "sea level is not rising off Plymouth" when a simple but not exhaustive internet inquiry proves otherwise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would suggest some science courses, at your local community center or collage,watch more internet lectures especially Bill nye.


When you see a large land mass like Florida become submerged all of a sudden.

THEN ITS TOO LATE..........TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT
avatar
Deadpool
Forum Member

Posts : 78
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Shady2 on Sat May 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Deadpool wrote:Well i can tell you it is.

Just because you don't notice the rise is irrelevant.
Things that you see every day, means you tend not to notice small changes over a long time until one day you look at it and say WTF.

Parents do it all the time with there children as they grow up.

Until now, it was assumed that sea levels rose an average of 0.7 to 1.0 millimetres a year due to this "thermometer effect." According to the new calculations, however, the ocean's expansion contributed about 1.4mm a year – almost twice as much as previously assumed.

So as you see, or don`t see more accurately, It is the slow rise over years and unless your actively measuring the sea level you cant really tell until the cumulative effect is more noticeable .

See this is the problem all you "deniers skeptic Suspect  " have  "When I see a large land mass like Florida become submerged".
Because that statement, on its own demonstrated a underlying inability to understand cause and affect.


You think that sea level is just going to dramatically  rise over night and swamp Florida? ,And that`s the argument you and many others use.
To be honest it feels like you don`t even bother to check your facts. (another scientific method)

Things like "sea level is not rising off Plymouth" when a simple but not exhaustive internet inquiry proves otherwise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would suggest some science courses, at your local community center or collage,watch more internet lectures especially Bill nye.


When you  see a large land mass like Florida become submerged all of a sudden.

THEN ITS TOO LATE..........TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

And Deadpool,you make my point perfectly.Because all you have done is contradict what I have said.(Anyone can do that & it proves nothing).

You produce scientific examples which have been refuted.

You ridicule what I have said but all you produce are some links & names.(Anyone can do that).

And to top it off you finalize your post with some BLOCK CAPITALS.(And anyone can do that as well).

Deadpool,you & your reasons are why people like me remain skeptical & it's certainly not because we haven't carried out research,because we have.

It's just we interpret things as we see them & you do the same.What's so hard to understand about that?
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 208
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Shady2 on Sat May 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Have a read of this article Deadpool.Sorry but it's some what lengthy but it explains more succinctly what I want to say.


The evidence for man-made climate change is so flimsy that you might just as well believe in magic, says one of the world’s top physicists.

Richard Lindzen, Alfred P Sloan Professor of Atmospheric Sciences, Emeritus at Massachussetts Institute of Technology, has long expressed doubts about the “science” behind anthropogenic global warming theory. (h/t Paul Homewood)

Now, in probably his most comprehensive and devastating assault yet on the Climate Industrial Complex, Lindzen shreds every one of the fake-science arguments used by the environmentalists to justify their hugely expensive “global warming” scare story.

The 97% meme

This is a fabrication designed to make idiots feel like experts.

As Lindzen puts it:

The [’97 per cent of scientists believe in global warming’] claim is meant to satisfy the non-expert that he or she has no need to understand the science. Mere agreement with the 97% will indicate that one is a supporter of science and superior to anyone denying disaster. This actually satisfies a psychological need for many people.

But, he explains, it’s just a trick created by pretending that all the scientists who agree that humans make a contribution to global warming (ie almost everyone) also agree with the alarmist theory that global warming is catastrophic, unprecedented and within man’s control. Which simply isn’t the case.

The ‘warmest years on record’ meme

Alarmists have been shrieking a lot recently that most of the hottest years on record – 14 out of 15, according to the UN – have happened since 2000.

This is silly for a number of reasons, Lindzen explains.

First, warmth is not necessarily bad or worrying thing:

It begins with the ridiculous presumption that any warming whatsoever (and, for that matter, any increase in CO2) is bad, and proof of worse to come. We know that neither of these presumptions is true. People retire to the Sun Belt rather than to the arctic. CO2 is pumped into greenhouses to enhance plant growth.

Second, it doesn’t – as some idiots believe – mean that global warming hasn’t paused for the last twenty years.

Of course, if 1998 was the hottest year on record, all the subsequent years will also be among the hottest years on record. None of this contradicts the fact that the warming (ie, the increase of temperature) has ceased.

Third, the differences in temperature are so small as to be almost unmeasurable and are open to all manner of fraudulent adjustments by politically motivated climate gatekeepers.

The extreme weather meme

The idea that we are experiencing more “extreme weather” events because of “climate change” is plain dishonest.

Roger Pielke, Jr. actually wrote a book detailing the fact that there is no trend in virtually any extreme event (including tornados, hurricanes, droughts, floods, etc.) with some actually decreasing. Even the UN’s IPCC acknowledges that there is no basis for attributing such events to anthropogenic climate change.

In fact, its pure propaganda designed to scare the ignorant:

The claims of extreme weather transcend the usual use of misleading claims. They often amount to claims for the exact opposite of what is actually occurring. The object of the claims is simply to be as scary as possible, and if that requires claiming the opposite of the true situation, so be it.

Sea level rise

Not a problem:

Globally averaged sea level appears to have been rising at the rate of about 6 inches a century for thousands of years.

Arctic sea ice

After decreasing in the Arctic for a period and increasing in the Antarctic it now appears to be stabilizing. But so what?

All one can say, at this point, is that the behavior of arctic sea ice represents one of the numerous interesting phenomena that the earth presents us with, and for which neither the understanding nor the needed records exist. It probably pays to note that melting sea ice does not contribute to sea level rise. Moreover, man has long dreamt of the opening of this Northwest Passage. It is curious that it is now viewed with alarm.

Polar bear meme

I suspect that Al Gore undertook considerable focus-group research to determine the remarkable effectiveness of the notion that climate change would endanger polar bears. His use of an obviously photo shopped picture of a pathetic polar bear on an ice float suggests this.

Ocean acidification

This is again one of those obscure claims that sounds scary but doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. Ever since the acid rain scare, it has been realized that the public responds with alarm to anything with the word ‘acid’ in it. […]

[…] As usual, there is so much wrong with this claim that it takes a fairly long article to go over it all. I recommend the following source.

Death of coral reefs

Somewhat exaggerated…

The reasoned response to this [alarmist Nature] paper is provided here.

As Steele, the author of the above, points out, bleaching has common causes other than warming and is far from a death sentence for corals whose capacity to recover is substantial. This article is a bit polemical, but essentially correct.

Global warming as the cause of everything

Hardly anyone has the time and energy to deal with the huge number of claims. Fortunately, most are self-evidently absurd. Nation magazine recently came up with what is a bit of a champion is this regard. CO2, it should be noted, is hardly poisonous. On the contrary, it is essential for life on our planet and levels as high as 5000 ppm are considered safe on our submarines and on the space station (current atmospheric levels are around 400 ppm, while, due to our breathing, indoor levels can be much higher). The Nation article is typical in that it makes many bizarre claims in a brief space. It argues that a runaway greenhouse effect on Venus led to temperatures hot enough to melt lead. Of course, no one can claim that the earth is subject to such a runaway, but even on Venus, the hot surface depends primarily on the closeness of Venus to the sun and the existence of a dense sulfuric acid cloud covering the planet. Relatedly, Mars, which also has much more CO2 than the earth, is much further from the sun and very cold. As we have seen many times already, such matters are mere details when one is in the business of scaring the public.

Lindzen’s article is well worth reading in full, not only for the usefulness of its scientific rebuttals but also simply to enjoy the loftiness of the author’s magisterial contempt for the entire field of climate “science.”

It is the exasperated sigh of a hugely intelligent and well informed scientist absolutely sick to the back teeth of trying to explain the truth about climate change to audiences which have been brainwashed into drooling idiocy.

For over 30 years, I have been giving talks on the science of climate change. When, however, I speak to a non-expert audience, and attempt to explain such matters as climate sensitivity, the relation of global mean temperature anomaly to extreme weather, that warming has decreased profoundly for the past 18 years, etc., it is obvious that the audience’s eyes are glazing over. Although I have presented evidence as to why the issue is not a catastrophe and may likely be beneficial, the response is puzzlement. I am typically asked how this is possible. After all, 97% of scientists agree, several of the hottest years on record have occurred during the past 18 years, all sorts of extremes have become more common, polar bears are disappearing, as is arctic ice, etc. In brief, there is overwhelming evidence of warming, etc. I tended to be surprised that anyone could get away with such sophistry or even downright dishonesty, but it is, unfortunately, the case that this was not evident to many of my listeners.

Lindzen does not even pretend there’s a credible scientific case for the man-made global warming scare theory – because basically there just isn’t one. Believing in this theory, he concludes, is as stupid as believing in magic.

I haven’t spent much time on the details of the science, but there is one thing that should spark skepticism in any intelligent reader. The system we are looking at consists in two turbulent fluids interacting with each other. They are on a rotating planet that is differentially heated by the sun. A vital constituent of the atmospheric component is water in the liquid, solid and vapor phases, and the changes in phase have vast energetic ramifications. The energy budget of this system involves the absorption and reemission of about 200 watts per square meter. Doubling CO2involves a 2% perturbation to this budget. So do minor changes in clouds and other features, and such changes are common. In this complex multifactor system, what is the likelihood of the climate (which, itself, consists in many variables and not just globally averaged temperature anomaly) is controlled by this 2% perturbation in a single variable? Believing this is pretty close to believing in magic. Instead, you are told that it is believing in ‘science.’ Such a claim should be a tip-off that something is amiss. After all, science is a mode of inquiry rather than a belief structure.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 208
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Deadpool on Sat May 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Shady2 wrote:
Deadpool wrote:Well i can tell you it is.

Just because you don't notice the rise is irrelevant.
Things that you see every day, means you tend not to notice small changes over a long time until one day you look at it and say WTF.

Parents do it all the time with there children as they grow up.

Until now, it was assumed that sea levels rose an average of 0.7 to 1.0 millimetres a year due to this "thermometer effect." According to the new calculations, however, the ocean's expansion contributed about 1.4mm a year – almost twice as much as previously assumed.

So as you see, or don`t see more accurately, It is the slow rise over years and unless your actively measuring the sea level you cant really tell until the cumulative effect is more noticeable .

See this is the problem all you "deniers skeptic Suspect  " have  "When I see a large land mass like Florida become submerged".
Because that statement, on its own demonstrated a underlying inability to understand cause and affect.


You think that sea level is just going to dramatically  rise over night and swamp Florida? ,And that`s the argument you and many others use.
To be honest it feels like you don`t even bother to check your facts. (another scientific method)

Things like "sea level is not rising off Plymouth" when a simple but not exhaustive internet inquiry proves otherwise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would suggest some science courses, at your local community center or collage,watch more internet lectures especially Bill nye.


When you  see a large land mass like Florida become submerged all of a sudden.

THEN ITS TOO LATE..........TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

And Deadpool,you make my point perfectly.Because all you have done is contradict what I have said.(Anyone can do that & it proves nothing).

You produce scientific examples which have been refuted.which you say but provide no proof

You ridicule what I have said but all you produce are some links & names.(Anyone can do that)ridicule ?i have not ridiculed you at all

And to top it off you finalize your post with some BLOCK CAPITALS.(And anyone can do that as well).block capitals where for EMPHASIS

Deadpool,you & your  reasons are why people like me remain skeptical & it's certainly not because we haven't carried out research,because we have.

OH!! Its me and my reasons is it ? i have made numinous points, And you have not answered any of them ,instead you seem to want some kind of confrontation,
seeing BLOCK capitals as some kind of affront ,sorry i did not realize you where such a snow flake  


It's just we interpret things as we see them & you do the same.What's so hard to understand about that?
yes we do interpret things as we see them

this is the level then
this is the level now
whats they to "interpretate"?

it is higher now than it was then ,unless you have some other method of calculating volume and mass, That a fact

Perhaps a course in fluid dynamics ,and free surface affect my be of help ?

You think because "you " cant see a rise in sea level where you live  , then it must be false..........you say its disproved yet offer no supporting evidence of that just "your word" ..
How about some data ? showing that the sea level is not rising, instead of your allegedly bruised ego being let loose

I give you evidence from peered reviewed source and a piece from the local paper about it , and you come back with ........what ? accusations  that i am being what mean?. And its my fault, climate deniers like your self cant grasp a pretty straight forward concept .
best leave science till you do some refresher in the basics



avatar
Deadpool
Forum Member

Posts : 78
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Deadpool on Sat May 06, 2017 11:50 pm

ps

If you use crap information you get crap information ,i am familiar with both of them

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

where his funding comes from is very interesting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nice how it really pays to be a climate denier ?
And what do scientist get .....9/10 times they don`t even get the recognition till many years later if at all.if they are very lucky they become famous
but that does not bring great riches ether ,not many mega wealthy scientists, buy denial is big business.
you want to talk motive ? yea i see who has the motive


But i have been on this pointless roundabout before

So thanks for playing


Last edited by Deadpool on Sun May 07, 2017 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Deadpool
Forum Member

Posts : 78
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Aspca4ever on Sun May 07, 2017 12:00 am

Arctic sea ice
After decreasing in the Arctic for a period and increasing in the Antarctic it now appears to be stabilizing. But so what?

All one can say, at this point, is that the behavior of arctic sea ice represents one of the numerous interesting phenomena that the earth presents us with, and for which neither the understanding nor the needed records exist. It probably pays to note that melting sea ice does not contribute to sea level rise. Moreover, man has long dreamt of the opening of this Northwest Passage. It is curious that it is now viewed with alarm.
How lovely, those cute euphemism choice of words are ..."now appears to be" when the very facts/data and the crews working in the north shore have been subjected to shortened work schedules for the past 5 years due to the 'THINNING SHELF ICE' and the 'NEW ICE' does replenish!  But it's the old shelf ice - the REAL THICK ice that the north shore pipeline workers are trying to move their huge equipment out onto that old ice and pray that it's going to stay firm. 
But you are the epitome of all the 'Deniers Club Members' ...if it's not happening to YOU SPECIFICALLY then you could give a rats ass!  But for those of us that do care and do pay attention and want to change the human foot print ASAP ...there's no wimping out on what we did - it's SUCK IT UP AND DO WHAT WE ALL CAN TO SLOW IT DOWN AND SAVE WHAT WE CAN.  I don't want to answer to my grandchildren - 'you knew granny, YOU KNEW, and you chose to ignore the problem of global warming?' 
Ya, it does matter greatly, and pretending it doesn't is just really ignorant IMO.
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Deadpool on Sun May 07, 2017 12:14 am

Aspca4ever wrote:
Arctic sea ice
After decreasing in the Arctic for a period and increasing in the Antarctic it now appears to be stabilizing. But so what?

All one can say, at this point, is that the behavior of arctic sea ice represents one of the numerous interesting phenomena that the earth presents us with, and for which neither the understanding nor the needed records exist. It probably pays to note that melting sea ice does not contribute to sea level rise. Moreover, man has long dreamt of the opening of this Northwest Passage. It is curious that it is now viewed with alarm.
How lovely, those cute euphemism choice of words are ..."now appears to be" when the very facts/data and the crews working in the north shore have been subjected to shortened work schedules for the past 5 years due to the 'THINNING SHELF ICE' and the 'NEW ICE' does replenish!  But it's the old shelf ice - the REAL THICK ice that the north shore pipeline workers are trying to move their huge equipment out onto that old ice and pray that it's going to stay firm. 
But you are the epitome of all the 'Deniers Club Members' ...if it's not happening to YOU SPECIFICALLY then you could give a rats ass!  But for those of us that do care and do pay attention and want to change the human foot print ASAP ...there's no wimping out on what we did - it's SUCK IT UP AND DO WHAT WE ALL CAN TO SLOW IT DOWN AND SAVE WHAT WE CAN.  I don't want to answer to my grandchildren - 'you knew granny, YOU KNEW, and you chose to ignore the problem of global warming?' 
Ya, it does matter greatly, and pretending it doesn't is just really ignorant IMO.
He wrote that some time ago ....before a 180km shelf fell off .........so much for seems to be stabilizing.....the guys reputation isn`t great ,this piece its the climate deniers "go to piece" of googled rebuttal.
personally i like to write my own stuff when posable and cite where necessary as any fool can copy and past others words without actually understanding them or critically evaluating them or the author
IMO if your not part of the solution your part of the problem

Fortunately Shady will be gone by the time it gets really bad, Its his progeny that will suffer.
i
avatar
Deadpool
Forum Member

Posts : 78
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Shady2 on Sun May 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Oh dear.Deadpool & Aspca4ever......Global warming fanatics who can't be reasoned with & I knew this would happen.

The extremist non-negotiable signs were there.

I wonder what subject we can discuss together without their extremism surfacing?

Better not try politics,religion,safe spaces,white privilege,no platforming,white saviours,cultural appropriation,sex with minors,gender neutral,cultural identity,colonialism or LGBT issues.

Guys,how about Disneyworld Orlando? Now that's got to be a safe subject.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 208
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Aspca4ever on Sun May 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Shady2 wrote:Oh dear.Deadpool & Aspca4ever......Global warming fanatics who can't be reasoned with & I knew this would happen.

The extremist non-negotiable signs were there.

I wonder what subject we can discuss together without their extremism surfacing?

Better not try politics,religion,safe spaces,white privilege,no platforming,white saviours,cultural appropriation,sex with minors,gender neutral,cultural identity,colonialism or LGBT issues.

Guys,how about Disneyworld Orlando? Now that's got to be a safe subject.
Well, Shady ...I've been called worse names and if that's all you garner from a attempt at this discussion then you'll never be more than what you regurgitate from old biased information.  How sad is that?
Mother Nature has ways of showing humans WTF is going on within our environment and if we aren't wise enough to study those occurrences - see those drastic changes - wonder why the ocean temps are rising and look at the impact that all of our own human waste/debris/chemical contaminates have done to the globe then we don't deserve to reside upon it. 
So what other option do you have to relocate???  What's your back up plan - what future exists for your grand children - great grandchildren - great-great grandchildren? 
And indeed ...no one can force you to give-a-rats-ass, but don't expect the rest of humanity to follow your path of ignorance either! Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Shady2 on Sun May 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Shady2 wrote:Oh dear.Deadpool & Aspca4ever......Global warming fanatics who can't be reasoned with & I knew this would happen.

The extremist non-negotiable signs were there.

I wonder what subject we can discuss together without their extremism surfacing?

Better not try politics,religion,safe spaces,white privilege,no platforming,white saviours,cultural appropriation,sex with minors,gender neutral,cultural identity,colonialism or LGBT issues.

Guys,how about Disneyworld Orlando? Now that's got to be a safe subject.
Well, Shady ...I've been called worse names and if that's all you garner from a attempt at this discussion then you'll never be more than what you regurgitate from old biased information.  How sad is that?
Mother Nature has ways of showing humans WTF is going on within our environment and if we aren't wise enough to study those occurrences - see those drastic changes - wonder why the ocean temps are rising and look at the impact that all of our own human waste/debris/chemical contaminates have done to the globe then we don't deserve to reside upon it. 
So what other option do you have to relocate???  What's your back up plan - what future exists for your grand children - great grandchildren - great-great grandchildren? 
And indeed ...no one can force you to give-a-rats-ass, but don't expect the rest of humanity to follow your path of ignorance either! Evil or Very Mad

Okay.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 208
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New crack in Antarctic ice shelf with iceberg already 'hanging by a thread'

Post by Deadpool on Sun May 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Shady2 wrote:Oh dear.Deadpool & Aspca4ever......Global warming fanatics who can't be reasoned with & I knew this would happen.

The extremist non-negotiable signs were there.

I wonder what subject we can discuss together without their extremism surfacing?

Better not try politics,religion,safe spaces,white privilege,no platforming,white saviours,cultural appropriation,sex with minors,gender neutral,cultural identity,colonialism or LGBT issues.

Guys,how about Disneyworld Orlando? Now that's got to be a safe subject.
Well, Shady ...I've been called worse names and if that's all you garner from a attempt at this discussion then you'll never be more than what you regurgitate from old biased information.  How sad is that?
Mother Nature has ways of showing humans WTF is going on within our environment and if we aren't wise enough to study those occurrences - see those drastic changes - wonder why the ocean temps are rising and look at the impact that all of our own human waste/debris/chemical contaminates have done to the globe then we don't deserve to reside upon it. 
So what other option do you have to relocate???  What's your back up plan - what future exists for your grand children - great grandchildren - great-great grandchildren? 
And indeed ...no one can force you to give-a-rats-ass, but don't expect the rest of humanity to follow your path of ignorance either! Evil or Very Mad

Remember when i said this to shady on the previous page Aspca

While you are correct that many "people" Have an "opinion" they are not necessarily qualified in the respective fields relevant to climate change.

What i also know as well is no amount of facts (from peer reviewed sources) written evidence or scientific paper, will convince you that its not garbage.

your mind is made up



Honestly i don`t have a crystal ball
avatar
Deadpool
Forum Member

Posts : 78
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum