Funny how things change.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Funny how things change.

Post by Shady2 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Good evening Folks.

Sorry I had to dash off last week without saying goodbye.But duty called and like all good pirates I carried out my duties with unquestionable loyalty.

What's been happening in the last few days? And you'll never guess what I'll be doing on General Election day next month.Well,believe it or not I'm going to vote Labour.

Yes,I can hear you laughing out loud but hear me out.Myself & the good Mrs.Shady have recently moved house to Plymouth where I met up with an old shipmate who I spent a couple of days with in London up until this afternoon.

Well blow me down,he's convinced me into voting Labour as opposed to the other parties.He went all through his reasons explaining in detail how Labour will get through their present hard times & be the party for the future.

And to cut it short my wife & I will vote Labour,although we're not sure who the Labour candidate will be,because as far as I can see,there are 3 Tory MPs for Plymouth & no Labour MPs.

But I suppose the polling cards will clarify.

Funny how things change.
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Funny how things change.

Post by Handy andy on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Good man Shady.
You are not alone. Despite her reassuring words of helping the weak and the poor over the rich few, May's actions are the polar opposite, helping her rich elite chums over the many poor.
She is a hypocrite of the first order.
I hope it comes to bite her.
Handy andy
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Well, she's hit the 'underclass' as much as the tories can do, with no increases to working age benefits/disabled for years to come

Cut local services to the bone. If you don't have an internet access to challenge things, then you are well an truely fucked, even then it's not made very easy at all to navigate at all, you could even get evicted from your home due to the slowing down of payments etc..

Pot holes in the roads were fixed. I can remember that when Tony Blair got in, there was a massive improvements in our infrastructures, new schools being built, improvements to hospitals after years of neglect under tory rule!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Citizens advice being closed.

Libraries being closed, where there was free access to internet.

Support groups closing due to lack of funding, those for the very vulnerable in society.

Carers being forced to attend work focused interviews, when the rules state that they shouldn't have to.

.....And now they intend to hit the white van man, with increases to taxes and national insurance contributions!

Oh....and pensioners that rely on the state!

Will people wake up in time?
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:16 pm

I think that they want to hit the 'squeezed' middle class next.

...Then use their divide to rule technique, to blame it on the working classes that get tax credits etc...

The tory cunts are so easy to read. Shame that weak minded fools are taken in by the nasty rhetoric, even when their income is becoming less, they will still blame the class below them!

LOL!!!!!!!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 pm

I feel aghast, when i listen to my own brother who is a banker, but used to be so tolerant towards others....

There is no tolerance anymore....All about immigrants coming into his branch to draw benefits up North. No No
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 pm

..Even when you mention the GBP low with regards to working age benefits and tell him how the bankers caused the crisis in the first place, and the corporations tax avoid etc...

It doesn't sink in!

Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 pm

....And we have delayed our wedding for a year? because we couldn't get the needed rooms FFS!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 pm

My SIL is a power crazed bitch (accountant) Her life exists on a fucking spreadsheet, and that includes family visits for my brother, but not for her family members.

It will be sweet smiles and eye daggers, whilst trying to keep our cools! Laughing

I can't wait to include some cutting remarks later in the evening!
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Mon May 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Handy andy wrote:Good man Shady.
You are not alone. Despite her reassuring words of helping the weak and the poor over the rich few, May's actions are the polar opposite, helping her rich elite chums over the many poor.
She is a hypocrite of the first order.
I hope it comes to bite her.

Good afternoon HA.

I'll be honest about this,I'm hoping that someone ousts JC before the GE,preferably the ex-paratrooper MP.Can't think of his name at the moment.

Now that is a guy that I would vote for.
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Mon May 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Dan Jarvis.
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Mon May 01, 2017 8:06 pm

We definitely don't want a PM who has been trained not to think for himself. It ain't gonna happen Shady.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Handy andy on Tue May 02, 2017 7:32 am

I regrettably believe May will win, but not by as much as she aspires to.
JC will remain leader for a while, amid growing concerns and calls for a change of leader.
I do think there will be a change by Christmas, but I have no clue who would win out of the likely shortlist of candidates, amongst whom could be Yvette Cooper, Hilary Benn, Dan Jarvis, Keir Starmer and Chukka Umanna. A younger, eloquent and articulate leader with solid left of centre policies, but neither far left or Blair centre is what is required to rebuild the Labour party, hold May and her incompetent cabinet to account, thwart the privatisation of the NHS , and to build a credible party to seriously challenge the Conservatives in 5 years time.
Handy andy
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Tue May 02, 2017 1:55 pm

Sassy wrote:We definitely don't want a PM who has been trained not to think for himself.   It ain't gonna happen Shady.

Fair enough Sass & I know what you mean about not being able to think for yourself.So I've got to ask who would be your choice of replacement for JC because even if he is made PM next month,he can't remain as party leader forever?

Are there any ex-Special Forces Labour MPs,because I've heard that those Special Forces guys can think for themselves?
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Tue May 02, 2017 2:12 pm

You mean when he's a lot older lol.

Clive Lewis.

By the way Shady, love the new persona. If only it was real. Wink
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Handy andy on Tue May 02, 2017 2:31 pm

Lets embrace it and enjoy Shady's Renaissance. Everyone has a moment when they 'see the light'.
Handy andy
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Sat May 06, 2017 4:18 pm

HANG ON A MINUTE!

I thought it was all systems go & Labour were going to make a resurgence,well that was according to my mate who convinced me to back Labour plus you lot.

What happened to the comeback kid Jeremy Corbyn? What happened to all of the positive Labour predictions that were made?

Tisk Tisk.

Fortunately for Labour,I am made of sterner things than you doubting Thomas's & I shall still support Labour in the General Election.

Corbyn,Abbott & Charabarti are the kind of leaders that inspire people like me with their implacable records of good common sense,care for the working class & total lack of hypocrisy.

I'M BACKING LABOUR AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

Rant over.
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 am

Hello Shipmate, your making a good job of pretending your a Labour supporter.
I ALMOST believe you.

nicko
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Sun May 07, 2017 1:19 pm

nicko wrote:Hello Shipmate,   your making a good job of pretending your a Labour supporter.
I ALMOST believe you.

Wrong shipmate.

Recently I met up with an old shipmate who persuaded me to show allegiance to Labour.
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top