Lib Dem leader Tim Farron still won’t say if gay sex is a sin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lib Dem leader Tim Farron still won’t say if gay sex is a sin

Post by Philagain1 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron has once again dodged the question on whether he thinks gay sex is a sin.

A row erupted earlier this week when Mr Farron, whose pro-European party is expected to make gains in the UK’s snap June election, was asked whether he thinks gay sex is sinful in a Channel 4 interview.

Mr Farron dodged the question, saying: “I’m not in a position to be making theological pronouncements. I can promise you one thing, over the next six weeks I’m not going to spend my time talking theology or making pronouncements.”

His refusal to answer was met with widespread criticism, including from TV host Sue Perkins, Guardian columnist Owen Jones, and Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan.

Farron appeared on Peston on Sunday, speaking to Robert Peston, he said it was “ludicrous” to suggest he thinks being gay is a sin.

Peston asked the Lib Dem leader about an Observer interview where Farron refused to answer the question of whether he thinks “gay sex is a sin”.

But pushed to answer the question, Farron refused to answer yet again. He simply said he gad been asked the questions “loads of times”, saying ‘being gay is not a sin”.

“It is possible I’m not the only person getting tired of this line of questioning.,” he added.

He went on to deflect the question by suggesting that in the UK he had to “pretend” he is not religious.

The Lib Dem leader has failed to respond to several requests for comment from PinkNews in the past week.

On Peston on Sunday, Farron was criticised by Labour’s Liz Kendall who said many people would be “appalled” that Farron would not clearly state that gay sex is not a sin.

He was also criticised by former Cabinet Minister Michael Gove who said as a “church goer too”, he has no problem with saying gay sex is not a sin.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/23/lib-dem-leader-tim-farron-still-wont-say-if-gay-sex-is-a-sin/

Rolling Eyes

This born again christian evangelist idiot is going to have to pick between his faith and politics!

You cannot run for high office with backward views like his.

What were the libdems thinking by putting this christian bigot in charge! Twisted Evil

Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Audio (LBC radio)

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Are you following Leviticus! lol!

https://vimeo.com/214486847
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top