HAPPY EARTH DAY 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HAPPY EARTH DAY 2017

Post by Aspca4ever on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:53 pm

I'm thankful I have my chickens to help me reuse & reduce the amount of food waste that might end up in the landfill. 
While they aren't quite as efficient as pigs - {I have to be more selective in what I toss into their outside pens} no onion/cucumber/garlic type of veggie products but just about anything else is something that they'll enjoy greatly.  And now I have many neighbors saving a weekly kitchen scrap bucket for me as well - I've supplied the 2 gal bucket with lid and have enough to swap out a clean one when they need theirs dumped.  I've also started a 'Coffee Ground' saving club just for my compost pile; that's a separate bucket with lid {sans any filters} just the coffee grounds. 
What earth day things have you done in the past - things you might do for the future confused
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: HAPPY EARTH DAY 2017

Post by Philagain1 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi 4ever

We have been recycling everything for years now, we also upcycled some of our pine bedroom furniture by painting it in a natural shabby chic style paint.

Also Doug and i are voting for the Green Party this year, the name speaks for itself!

Very Happy
Philagain1

Back to top Go down

Re: HAPPY EARTH DAY 2017

Post by Sassy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Recycle everything, food waste goes to the compost heap on the allotment, recycle bin for tins, glass, paper, cardboard, plastic. The black rubbish bin for everything else could be collected once a month, it never gets full.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top