Question for the membership >

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is it that you want from this community?

80% 80% 
[ 4 ]
20% 20% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 5

Question for the membership >

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 pm

No one's put me up to this POLL, and as I'm curious as to what exactly those of us that do post ...what our expectations are and how to move this community forward? 
Just something I'd like to know? Suspect
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 pm

To be unlike other forums, to debate, challenge, express and form opinions on a variety of subjects, to expose frauds, corruption, liars and cheats, to investigate and report the truth!

Seeing a thread locked brings back all the bad points of NF, Sassy is just as neurotic as special Eds, she has very little power in her own life and wants to stamp her authority on here, but imo she has none and none is warranted!

Anyway, I fail to see any further point me being here, I've had enough of power hungry nonentities given mod status destroying forums with their own pathetic designs, I was hoping this one would be different, sadly that is not the case!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Ok Scrat, I'm going to lay it out for you, because you don't just have the wrong end of the stick, you have the wrong stick.

Here's how it went. Irn decided not to be on NF anymore at the same time I decided not to post very often, for the same reason, the way Lord Foul was treating people I liked, you included.

We remembered this place and checked how long it was since it had had an Admin to run it. I got in touch with Forumotion and found out how we could take it over and Irn did the 'paperwork'. We took it on as a joint venture and I have Admin rights the same as Irn.

We wanted to have this as a site that is different to others, where there is no bullying and nobody having people banned just because they are LW etc.

One of the reasons that I stepped in on that thread was because of what we want this site to be, and as we have some people that are posters both on here and on NF, I could see exactly where it was going to lead. And that is where it led, with arguments and rubbish being brought on here from NF and continued. Now, I don't give a fuck who is rehashing those argument, you, Vic, Phil, Andy or the dog down the road. Arguments on NF are not going to be continued here and I am not having a mod from NF coming over here and giving the same crap to Andy as he gives to him there, and I'm not having Andy moaning about the crap he gets there so that the circle goes round and round and we end up like everyone else. Contrary to your belief, Vic has no powers here, except as a poster, the same as you or any other poster.

Now, if you want to leave, you are free to do so, all you have to do is go down to the bottom of your profile.

However, just bear in mind, this is a left wing site set up for people with like minds who want to fight the Tories with everything they have and every means at their disposal, including this site. It was set up to be different and not knock people for being left wing. In order to do that, we have to leave stuff from other sites behind, where they belong, so that we can guarantee that you cannot be told to shut up for your political opinions.

So you take your choice, but at least now you know what we stand for and why we stand for it.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm

scrat wrote:To be unlike other forums, to debate, challenge, express and form opinions on a variety of subjects, to expose frauds, corruption, liars and cheats, to investigate and report the truth!

Seeing a thread locked brings back all the bad points of NF, Sassy is just as neurotic as special Eds, she has very little power in her own life and wants to stamp her authority on here, but imo she has none and none is warranted!

Anyway, I fail to see any further point me being here, I've had enough of power hungry nonentities given mod status destroying forums with their own pathetic designs, I was hoping this one would be different, sadly that is not the case!

It would be a shame to see you leave scrat. I hope that you reconsider.
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:42 pm

All I want for Christmas are me two front teef.

Me two front teef.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm

In addition to my last pipe,may I suggest that we just get on with posting.

Too many of you on this site & others concern yourselves with what is being said by others.

Are you all really that thin skinned that everything upsets you? Get a life people & grow up.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Philagain1 wrote:
scrat wrote:To be unlike other forums, to debate, challenge, express and form opinions on a variety of subjects, to expose frauds, corruption, liars and cheats, to investigate and report the truth!

Seeing a thread locked brings back all the bad points of NF, Sassy is just as neurotic as special Eds, she has very little power in her own life and wants to stamp her authority on here, but imo she has none and none is warranted!

Anyway, I fail to see any further point me being here, I've had enough of power hungry nonentities given mod status destroying forums with their own pathetic designs, I was hoping this one would be different, sadly that is not the case!

It would be a shame to see you leave scrat. I hope that you reconsider.
Yeah I'm sorry to Phil, but I will never partake on a forum where moderators interfere with my posts and free speech is restricted.

Ciao.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Sassy wrote:Ok Scrat, I'm going to lay it out for you, because you don't just have the wrong end of the stick, you have the wrong stick.

Here's how it went.   Irn decided not to be on NF anymore at the same time I decided not to post very often, for the same reason, the way Lord Foul was treating people I liked, you included.

We remembered this place and checked how long it was since it had had an Admin to run it.   I got in touch with Forumotion and found out how we could take it over and Irn did the 'paperwork'.   We took it on as a joint venture and I have Admin rights the same as Irn.  

We wanted to have this as a site that is different to others, where there is no bullying and nobody having people banned just because they are LW etc.

One of the reasons that I stepped in on that thread was because of what we want this site to be, and as we have some people that are posters both on here and on NF, I could see exactly where it was going to lead.   And that is where it led, with arguments and rubbish being brought on here from NF and continued.   Now, I don't give a fuck who is rehashing those argument, you, Vic, Phil, Andy or the dog down the road.   Arguments on NF are not going to be continued here and I am not having a mod from NF coming over here and giving the same crap to Andy as he gives to him there, and I'm not having Andy moaning about the crap he gets there so that the circle goes round and round and we end up like everyone else.  Contrary to your belief, Vic has no powers here, except as a poster, the same as you or any other poster.

Now, if you want to leave, you are free to do so, all you have to do is go down to the bottom of your profile.

However, just bear in mind, this is a left wing site set up for people with like minds who want to fight the Tories with everything they have and every means at their disposal, including this site.  It was set up to be different and not knock people for being left wing.   In order to do that, we have to leave stuff from other sites behind, where they belong, so that we can guarantee that you cannot be told to shut up for your political opinions.

So you take your choice, but at least now you know what we stand for and why we stand for it.
I will not be subjugated by your pathetic interference, nor by your pretence of being anything other than an interring busy body, now I've contacted you and deactivated my account, I do not wish to see my username on this forum!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:10 pm

That's absolutely fine Scrat, good luck.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 pm

scrat wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:
scrat wrote:To be unlike other forums, to debate, challenge, express and form opinions on a variety of subjects, to expose frauds, corruption, liars and cheats, to investigate and report the truth!

Seeing a thread locked brings back all the bad points of NF, Sassy is just as neurotic as special Eds, she has very little power in her own life and wants to stamp her authority on here, but imo she has none and none is warranted!

Anyway, I fail to see any further point me being here, I've had enough of power hungry nonentities given mod status destroying forums with their own pathetic designs, I was hoping this one would be different, sadly that is not the case!

It would be a shame to see you leave scrat. I hope that you reconsider.
Yeah I'm sorry to Phil, but I will never partake on a forum where moderators interfere with my posts and free speech is restricted.

Ciao.
Well, as much as we 'ALL' love to toss that quaint little euphemism around = FREE SPEECH ...we still have rules by which we all have to abide by:
Rules from the very freebie server sight = Forumotion
Rules from the community that allows us our membership = Electric Sky
Rules from the WWWEB that allows such freebie servers to provide us the domain to do this wonderful thing we call 'conversation'! 
It seems to me that as few as our 'RULES' are for this community, it's not that difficult to stay within those guidelines and post - rant - rave about world & local events. 
FFS - why do we need to revisit those nit wits that we've walked away from? Suspect
Seems we have a wide variety of ample targets to shoot flaming arrows at: pick anyone of your vast number of elected humans here in England or the blubberous Orange Julius in my country or that equally insane wing-nut Kim-Jung-un of North Korea Twisted Evil    
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:16 pm

In a nutshell
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Who tinkered with Scrats posts?
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Shady2 wrote:Who tinkered with Scrats posts?
If I may interject; no one's 'tinkered with' but I've had a post edited - Philagain has had a post or 2 edited - so has Scrat had a post or 2 edited by a moderator. 
It's what 'MODS' do when we push over the boundaries and test those RULES MARGINS! 
BTW - Scrat, just a memory BUMP for you; we've had this discussion a couple of times before > > >



Re: Nasty right wing trolls on the lose again!
 by scrat on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 am

Aspca4ever wrote:  Agreed, and we all collectively have many a tarnished memory {burnt into our brains} from that location ...but we must move forward and leave the garbage on the 'garbage heap' and move forward. 
I struggle to leave it all behind but should honor Irn's & Sassy's concerns that we 'NOT' allow that mind set to leak into here, regardless of the reason!
I don't think it hurts to point out what these creatures represent, one thread is enough, and you're right Irn and Sassy have kindly provided a platform so I will not abuse their kindness nor their trust!
Remember, Scrat   confused   Geeze, dude ...WTH has happened to ya? No
avatar
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-02-16
Age : 63
Location : heartland of America - FlintHills of Kansas

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Philagain1 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:32 pm

scrat wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:
scrat wrote:To be unlike other forums, to debate, challenge, express and form opinions on a variety of subjects, to expose frauds, corruption, liars and cheats, to investigate and report the truth!

Seeing a thread locked brings back all the bad points of NF, Sassy is just as neurotic as special Eds, she has very little power in her own life and wants to stamp her authority on here, but imo she has none and none is warranted!

Anyway, I fail to see any further point me being here, I've had enough of power hungry nonentities given mod status destroying forums with their own pathetic designs, I was hoping this one would be different, sadly that is not the case!

It would be a shame to see you leave scrat. I hope that you reconsider.
Yeah I'm sorry to Phil, but I will never partake on a forum where moderators interfere with my posts and free speech is restricted.

Ciao.


That is very sad news scrat but i can fully understand your reasons why.

I've found that it's better to have some kind of platform to express your views than not to have one at all.

All the best.
avatar
Philagain1
Senior Member

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Handy andy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Sassy wrote:Ok Scrat, I'm going to lay it out for you, because you don't just have the wrong end of the stick, you have the wrong stick.

Here's how it went.   Irn decided not to be on NF anymore at the same time I decided not to post very often, for the same reason, the way Lord Foul was treating people I liked, you included.

We remembered this place and checked how long it was since it had had an Admin to run it.   I got in touch with Forumotion and found out how we could take it over and Irn did the 'paperwork'.   We took it on as a joint venture and I have Admin rights the same as Irn.  

We wanted to have this as a site that is different to others, where there is no bullying and nobody having people banned just because they are LW etc.

One of the reasons that I stepped in on that thread was because of what we want this site to be, and as we have some people that are posters both on here and on NF, I could see exactly where it was going to lead.   And that is where it led, with arguments and rubbish being brought on here from NF and continued.   Now, I don't give a fuck who is rehashing those argument, you, Vic, Phil, Andy or the dog down the road.   Arguments on NF are not going to be continued here and I am not having a mod from NF coming over here and giving the same crap to Andy as he gives to him there, and I'm not having Andy moaning about the crap he gets there so that the circle goes round and round and we end up like everyone else.  Contrary to your belief, Vic has no powers here, except as a poster, the same as you or any other poster.

Now, if you want to leave, you are free to do so, all you have to do is go down to the bottom of your profile.

However, just bear in mind, this is a left wing site set up for people with like minds who want to fight the Tories with everything they have and every means at their disposal, including this site.  It was set up to be different and not knock people for being left wing.   In order to do that, we have to leave stuff from other sites behind, where they belong, so that we can guarantee that you cannot be told to shut up for your political opinions.

So you take your choice, but at least now you know what we stand for and why we stand for it.

Thank you Sassy. Good post. I was invited here and have been made welcome. Havent posted that much, more to do with being incredibly busy both at work and as a cricket groundsman getting the outfield, square and wicket prepped for the season. And I have a life outside of forum life.
I also post elswehere, and regardless of what the dickhead mod from NF says, whichever forum I post on, I respect and adhere to their rules..
Foul banned me twice, the admin unbanned me right away because Foul went rogue and banned me for no other reason than he hates me. The feeling is mutual.
So sad to see Scrat go, he is a bit of a loose cannon, he fought a brave but futile war on Flop before his final ban, not sure that NF is a good fit for him. The mods can be very biased towards right wingers.
I thought this might suit him, but he likes and thrives on argument and confrontation, which he will not get here.
This place is really cool, a good mix of views, but without the rancour and hostility. And it is run by 2 caring and decent people.
avatar
Handy andy
Established Member

Posts : 223
Join date : 2017-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Deadpool on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Shady2 wrote:Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?


He wasn`t talking about you.
avatar
Deadpool
Established Member

Posts : 122
Join date : 2017-03-01
Age : 32
Location : Earth

http://marvel.com/universe/Deadpool_(Wade_Wilson)

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Shady2 wrote:Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?

Bless you Shady, you remind me of the boy in the class pinging ink pellets rom the back desk to try and get some attention, as he is not clever enough to get it any other way. I guess you just never got past that stage. Rolling Eyes


Last edited by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Deadpool wrote:
Shady2 wrote:Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?


He wasn`t talking about you.



lol!
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Sassy wrote:
Deadpool wrote:
Shady2 wrote:Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?


He wasn`t talking about you.



lol!

He must surely think that I'm one of the two because I'm the only decent person on this site. What a Face pirat
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Shady2 wrote:
Sassy wrote:
Deadpool wrote:
Shady2 wrote:Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?


He wasn`t talking about you.



lol!

He must surely think that I'm one of the two because I'm the only decent person on this site. What a Face pirat


Shady dear heart, I can think of many words to describe you, decent isn't one of the words.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady2 wrote:Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?

Bless you Shady, you remind me of the boy in the class pinging ink pellets rom the back desk to try and get some attention, as he is not clever enough to get it any other way. I guess you just never got past that stage. Rolling Eyes

I'm a qualified expert at not getting attention & many of your heroes would testify to that....If they could still speak. pirat pirat pirat pirat
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Shady2 wrote:
Sassy wrote:
Shady2 wrote:Good evening HA.

Who are the two decent & caring people that you refer to?

Bless you Shady, you remind me of the boy in the class pinging ink pellets rom the back desk to try and get some attention, as he is not clever enough to get it any other way. I guess you just never got past that stage. Rolling Eyes

I'm a qualified expert at not getting attention & many of your heroes would testify to that....If they could still speak. pirat pirat pirat pirat


I think you just made my point Shady, as you say, you aren't getting attention lol but the second part of your sentence shows how you crave it.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady2 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Bless you Shady, you remind me of the boy in the class pinging ink pellets rom the back desk to try and get some attention, as he is not clever enough to get it any other way. I guess you just never got past that stage. Rolling Eyes

I'm a qualified expert at not getting attention & many of your heroes would testify to that....If they could still speak. pirat pirat pirat pirat


I think you just made my point Shady, as you say, you aren't getting attention lol but the second part of your sentence shows how you crave it.

That's right Sass.It's those last few seconds with your heroes that I crave.I admit that.

God,it's so.........like a feeling of completion.A feeling of enveloping warmth even.
avatar
Shady2
Established Member

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the membership >

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Shady2 wrote:
Sassy wrote:
Shady2 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Bless you Shady, you remind me of the boy in the class pinging ink pellets rom the back desk to try and get some attention, as he is not clever enough to get it any other way. I guess you just never got past that stage. Rolling Eyes

I'm a qualified expert at not getting attention & many of your heroes would testify to that....If they could still speak. pirat pirat pirat pirat


I think you just made my point Shady, as you say, you aren't getting attention lol but the second part of your sentence shows how you crave it.

That's right Sass.It's those last few seconds with your heroes that I crave.I admit that.

God,it's so.........like a feeling of completion.A feeling of enveloping warmth even.


Oh bless, you have gone back to 'trying to frighten the natives' mode, except you are sooooo needy about it, it's hilarious.
avatar
Sassy
Senior Member

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum