Our wedding!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our wedding!

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 am

I knew that it wouldn't last to be a small event.

My brother and SIL want to bring my nephew and neice down from the North East, i said that i didn't want them to drag the kids down but they are now insisting!

After being in a state of mental chaos for a couple of hours earlier this evening, we were going to be staying at the Clarendon Hotel later in the day after the reception here.

I found out that we can do everything at the Clarendon Hotel (Blackheath), i didn't even know that they were licenced to hold the civil ceremony there, reception and i can book the suites all under one roof!

My other brother is much relieved! Razz
Philagain1
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Oh, what a lovely place! WOWSERS ...

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Say, dear fellow ...I saw some photo's of this lovely wire gazebo lit up for night photo's or evening weddings but I wasn't able to get them to copy over, but here it is in the daylight.  Just say'n ...that would make for a lovely - enchanted back drop for both of you to exchange your vows under!  I love you

There was another image but it was from another wedding and the photo had a rather 'potted' looking motherly type seated in front of it ...barely able to hold her head up!  Shocked   Didn't want to offend any Brits in case it was a relative.  LOL
Now this next photo I ran across Suspect  not exactly sure what/why any family/couple would need or want a bed this HUGE, but obviously the Clarendon Hotel means to accommodate the oddest wishes!  cheers

Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Our wedding!

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:42 pm

BTW - found a link for a wonderful discount through 'Trivago' for booking during their non-peak periods! 

https://www.trivago.com/?sLanguageLocale=US&iSemThemeId=4501&geo_distance_item=98741&item=98741&sem_keyword=%2Bhotel%20%2Bclarendon%20%2Blondon&sem_creativeid=75660167306729&sem_matchtype=bb&sem_network=s&sem_device=c&sem_campaignid=180237275&sem_adgroupid=964821203&sem_targetid=116024012542&cip=1226000243
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:18 pm

We will go to the hotel to speak to the wedding planner and have a proper look before we book at the time Cool

We are going to book two of those! Very Happy
Philagain1
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Philagain1 wrote:We will go to the hotel to speak to the wedding planner and have a proper look before we book at the time Cool

I did a 'google map' over that place and did a street view and a birds eye view; lovely - lovely lay out.  Whether you held the event indoors/outdoors or in that gorgeous ole chapel ...stunning places abound for you & Doug to chose from. 
Do they allow you to request extra cots when booking suites '?' in England ...I know quite a few nice hotels do here in the states? 
Of course in my college days, all we needed was our bed rolls/sleeping bags and room to flop and it would soon be wall-to-wall body's before sun rise. Razz
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:
Philagain1 wrote:We will go to the hotel to speak to the wedding planner and have a proper look before we book at the time Cool

I did a 'google map' over that place and did a street view and a birds eye view; lovely - lovely lay out.  Whether you held the event indoors/outdoors or in that gorgeous ole chapel ...stunning places abound for you & Doug to chose from. 
Do they allow you to request extra cots when booking suites '?' in England ...I know quite a few nice hotels do here in the states? 
Of course in my college days, all we needed was our bed rolls/sleeping bags and room to flop and it would soon be wall-to-wall body's before sun rise. Razz

We were saying that the good thing about the Clarendon is that it could be outdoors or indoors there for the vows, that would depend on the weather. The chapel isn't part of the hotel, will be keeping well away from there Laughing

I don't know anything about cots our nephew and neice are toddlers.

It's probably the nicest part of this part of London anyway! Smile
Philagain1
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Philagain1 on Tue May 16, 2017 11:45 pm

We have now finalised the dates for next summer. We are seeing the wedding coordinator on Friday afternoon to view/discuss finer details and then make the payment.

Ok, so we have to wait a year, but it's the right venue and it will be our 18th year together so what's another year i suppose! Laughing
Philagain1
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed May 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Philagain1 wrote:We have now finalised the dates for next summer. We are seeing the wedding coordinator on Friday afternoon to view/discuss finer details and then make the payment.

Ok, so we have to wait a year, but it's the right venue and it will be our 18th year together so what's another year i suppose! Laughing

Well, then the anticipation {1 entire year} will provide you with leisure time to de-stress and enjoy the planning - upcoming event without so much rushing and undo emotional chaos.  And that place in the photo's seems so magnificent ...well worth the extension IMO.  bounce   I'm so excited, like a kid waiting for Christmas!  LOL
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top