We look like the enemy Israel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We look like the enemy Israel

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Rachel Shabi was born in Israel to Jewish Iraqi parents. When she was a child her family emigrated to the United Kingdom in 1974. Their leaving reversed the spiritual trek of the Jewish Diaspora, around the world whose members wistfully repeat at the Passover tables, "Next year in Jerusalem." Years later, in fact, Shabi went back to visit and to live for an extended period, but her attitude toward her former homeland is conflicted by the longstanding discrimination suffered by Arab Jews in Israel. Shortly after its creation, Israel accepted close to one million Jews from Arab lands-from Yemen, Egypt, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Algeria, Iraq, Iran, and Turkey. Mizrahi (Middle Eastern) Jews now make up around 50% of Israel's population. Yet Ashkenazi Jews have traditionally disparaged the Mizrahi as "backward" and have systematically limited their opportunities in the classroom and the workplace. "There is a class split," writes Shabi, "that runs on ethnic lines." She traces the history of how the Jewish Disapora lived alongside Muslims and Christians for centuries, and how the dream of Jewish solidarity within Israel in the mid-20th century was fractured by ethnic discrimination as pernicious as racism in the United States, Great Britain, and other parts of the world. Shabi combines scholarly research with intimate oral history to shed light on ethnic injustice, and her personal story and passion make We Look Like the Enemy a stunning, unforgettable book.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=mac5XjEEgZEC&dq=we+look+like+the+enemy+Amazon&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzv7ulxJ3TAhUnKsAKHfJND0MQ6AEIHDAA

Yet another exposure of what life was likke in Israel for those Jewish people of middle-eastern origin.

I was the influxx of Eoropean Jews who caused all this but the wanted it all for themselves - the whole lot from the Jordan River to the Meditterean and the middle eastern Jewish people didn't figure in their plans.

I'm shocked.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Re: We look like the enemy Israel

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Just in case there is any doubt about this David Ben Gurion, Israel's first prime minister, called them "human dust with no Jewish or human culture."
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:41 pm

That is bloody well sick!
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:53 pm

And remember it was the European Jews who called the British soldiers serving as part of the peace-keeping force as British **** Bastards.

Those same soldiers that they murdered and blew up also servedt in WWII to liiberate the occupied countries and the Jewish people still left alive in the death camps.

Those were the same people who went on the lead Israel in government as well.

Some gratitude you might say.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Irn Bru wrote:And remember it was the European Jews who called the British soldiers serving as part of the peace-keeping force as British **** Bastards.

Those same soldiers that they murdered and blew up also servedt in WWII to liiberate the occupied countries and the Jewish people still left alive in the death camps.

And it's the muslims who attacked UK soldiers in Iraq after we liberated their country for them.

Oh forgot to mention that it's muslims killing people in the UK.

Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Shady2 wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:And remember it was the European Jews who called the British soldiers serving as part of the peace-keeping force as British **** Bastards.

And it's the muslims who attacked UK soldiers in Iraq after we liberated their country for them.

Oh forgot to mention that it's muslims killing people in the UK.

Are you have a giraffe?   You mean after we took the most advanced country in the ME and turned it into a shithole, after we destroyed their free health service, the education for all and the energy sources?

That would be after sanctions had caused the death of of probably half a million Iraqi children, after white phosphorus was dropped on them and depleted uranium caused terrible cancers and health problems.   Frankly, if someone had done that to me and mine rip their eyeballs out and stick them up their nether regions.

Saddam was no angel, but what we did to Iraq had fuck all to do with anything they had done to us and everything to do with oil and power.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:52 am

What I can't understand is the fact that many Zionists equate anti Zionists with being anti Semitic, that Zionism is the will of the Jewish people, which in effect is racist!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Sassy wrote:

Are you have a giraffe?   You mean after we took the most advanced country in the ME and turned it into a shithole, after we destroyed their free health service, the education for all and the energy sources?

That would be after sanctions had caused the death of of probably half a million Iraqi children, after white phosphorus was dropped on them and depleted uranium caused terrible cancers and health problems.   Frankly, if someone had done that to me and mine rip their eyeballs out and stick them up their nether regions.

Saddam was no angel, but what we did to Iraq had fuck all to do with anything they had done to us and everything to do with oil and power.

There you again loonie leftie....supporting the killing of UK armed forces and non-muslims.

My my Sassy you're a poisonous one aren't you?
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Arrrrr! The act ain't working my friend, you aren't likely to worry me. I've fried bigger fish and eaten them for breakfast..
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady2 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Sassy wrote:Arrrrr!   The act ain't working my friend, you aren't likely to worry me.   I've fried bigger fish and eaten them for breakfast..

I'm glad you eat fish because it's good for your health.And I have no intention of trying to worry you.Never have.

But I will point out the truth to you & let you know that just because people disagree with you loonie lefties,it doesn't make us racists or bigots.
Shady2
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Shady, you wouldn't know the truth if it got up and slapped you, you are too busy going Baa Baaa Bass like the nice little established sheep you have become.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top