My religion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My religion

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 am

I'm a Muslim. Not the best one, but a proud one. As a Muslim, two things absolutely infuriate me. Number one, when crazy individuals use the name of religion to murder innocent individuals. Number two, when people use those crazy individuals to somehow asses or reflect my religion. No! Crazy people are crazy people. They exist everywhere and are not exclusive to my religion. Their crazy interpretation of faith does not represent me, my family, my friends or the overwhelming peaceful majority of the 1.6 BILLION Muslims across the planet. If it did, don't you think all Muslims would have blown themselves up by now? Most Muslims are just normal people. Who work, study, contribute, integrate, have fun. It feels bizarre for me to even have to state that. We have so many positive stories in our community. Unfortunately, many a times the masses don't hear about those stories, because it's not a sexy enough headline in comparison to terrorism. One day, I hope crazy individuals stop hijacking my religion. I also hope people stop using those individuals to reflect my religion. Islam doesn't need to change, it's people's ignorance towards it that does.
SEXY MAMA
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Re: My religion

Post by Sassy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:26 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:I'm a Muslim. Not the best one, but a proud one. As a Muslim, two things absolutely infuriate me. Number one, when crazy individuals use the name of religion to murder innocent individuals. Number two, when people use those crazy individuals to somehow asses or reflect my religion. No! Crazy people are crazy people. They exist everywhere and are not exclusive to my religion. Their crazy interpretation of faith does not represent me, my family, my friends or the overwhelming peaceful majority of the 1.6 BILLION Muslims across the planet. If it did, don't you think all Muslims would have blown themselves up by now? Most Muslims are just normal people. Who work, study, contribute, integrate, have fun. It feels bizarre for me to even have to state that. We have so many positive stories in our community. Unfortunately, many a times the masses don't hear about those stories, because it's not a sexy enough headline in comparison to terrorism. One day, I hope crazy individuals stop hijacking my religion. I also hope people stop using those individuals to reflect my religion. Islam doesn't need to change, it's people's ignorance towards it that does.

Exactly. Funnily enough, in a very few words and in his own indomitable way, on NF Veya summed it up absolutely. He calls people like the attacker 'hill shepherds' in the same way he call racists 'hill shepherds'. What he means is, people of any country, colour, creed or race, who believe that their way of life is the only way and they have to enforce that on others, are insular and don't wish for people to live together, are not only backwards but ultimately, whichever 'side' they are on, they are not representative of anyone but themselves.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:33 pm

I believe in the mystery of life and the nature of the human condition, it's not a religion just a sense of trying to understand and come to terms with the time in which our short lives live in.

Religion has no place in a modern society, it is often used as an excuse to abuse folk, radicalise them and then caste them aside into pain and suffering.

I remember being in Ireland many many years ago at the height of the troubles, religion seemed so powerful there, whole villages went to church, few dared a no show and those that did were often ostracised and spoken ill about.

It's not like that anymore, the crimes of the church have caused many to question their faith.

Here in Blighty the horror of the First World War caused many to question their belief and faith in a Christian god, the Church of Wales, Scotland and England waned from that moment on and now the pews are empty.

Sooner or later Muslims will have to come to terms with the doctrine of hate, the atrocities engaged in and the utter bile preached by their religion.

I accept that religion should be practised by those who wish to do so and from my own point of view I've found the vast majority of Muslims to be decent human beings that add to our cultural diversity, but If they can't stand criticism or if they can't accept life in a modern civilised culture then they should not be here, the fact that some believe they can convert us is ridiculous, the British people have no desire to travel back millennia!

I accept that Muslims are the subject of unwarranted hate crimes, RW filth exploit this and will continue to do so until Muslims learn to blend in with the British cultural experience rather than stand aside from it and the sooner Muslims make that decision the better, we've been through the devastation of abrahamic faiths and come out the other side with a sense of objectivity, now so must they!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Well Scrat, I'm Pagan, I believe in the forces of nature and universal energy, that is constant, goes neither up nor down, so when we die and our 'soul' ie the energy of us leaves our body, it becomes part of the universe.

As for Muslims integrating, in the Parliament that was attacked were MPs who are Muslim, we have a Muslim Lord Mayor of London, policemen, soldiers, nurses, doctors, teachers etc.    Islam is not a doctrine of hate, the fundamentalists use it, as do fundamental Christians like the KKK and those that bomb planned parenthood clinics.   They are not following Christianity, they are using it to cover their own twisted thinking.  

All the people who tell Muslims that they are not part of our country and need to change to become part of it, are doing ISIS work for them.   That is exactly what ISIS tell them, they will never be part of the West so it is better to fight with ISIS.   Why do we need to pick out Muslims from the Sikhs, Hindu's, Buddhists etc.   And don't tell me it's because they are non violent, that's a myth, read up what is happening in India with Hindus killing Muslims.   What we need to do is accept people, make them feel part, show them that we are an inclusive, not devisive, society.   BTW, my eldest daughter is a Vicar who works with all faiths and I have lived in Muslim countries and loved them.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Sassy wrote:Well Scrat, I'm Pagan, I believe in the forces of nature and universal energy, that is constant, goes neither up nor down, so when we die and our 'soul' ie the energy of us leaves our body, it becomes part of the universe.

As for Muslims integrating, in the Parliament that was attacked were MPs who are Muslim, we have a Muslim Lord Mayor of London, policemen, soldiers, nurses, doctors, teachers etc.    Islam is not a doctrine of hate, the fundamentalists use it, as do fundamental Christians like the KKK and those that bomb planned parenthood clinics.   They are not following Christianity, they are using it to cover their own twisted thinking.  

All the people who tell Muslims that they are not part of our country and need to change to become part of it, are doing ISIS work for them.   That is exactly what ISIS tell them, they will never be part of the West so it is better to fight with ISIS.   Why do we need to pick out Muslims from the Sikhs, Hindu's, Buddhists etc.   And don't tell me it's because they are non violent, that's a myth, read up what is happening in India with Hindus killing Muslims.   What we need to do is accept people, make them feel part, show them that we are an inclusive, not devisive, society.   BTW, my eldest daughter is a Vicar who works with all faiths and I have lived in Muslim countries and loved them.
Sorry, but I do not separate any belief out and consider it acceptable especially if it contradicts the reality. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam contradict the reality, and so I find all religions unacceptable, true understanding comes from rejecting all religions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Then that's your belief Scrat.   I don't believe in a God, I do know however that religion gives many people succour when they find life hard going and most religious people use it to do good, not evil.   And I'm not about to tell people what they should or shouldn't believe.   I might not agree with it, I might think that it is obviously not based on fact, but I don't have the right to dicate about what people can or can't believe.   I stand up and shout if they are using for evil purposes, but those that do would find other reasons to be evil, it's not the religion, it's the people.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Sassy wrote:Then that's your belief Scrat.   I don't believe in a God, I do know however that religion gives many people succour when they find life hard going and most religious people use it to do good, not evil.   And I'm not about to tell people what they should or shouldn't believe.   I might not agree with it, I might think that it is obviously not based on fact, but I don't have the right to dicate about what people can or can't believe.   I stand up and shout if they are using for evil purposes, but those that do would find other reasons to be evil, it's not the religion, it's the people.
Religious people think they're well intended but the reality dictates the complete opposite, King Edward expelled Jews for usury, Hitler blamed Jews for usury after the Versailles treaty, are Jews any different today? Martin Luther split the Catholic Church due to greed and today we have an oil salesman as our representative to God, does he condemn austerity does he fuck! And now the most barbaric of all faiths the Islamic faith tears itself apart for greed, entrenched during the gulf war after the discovery of oil, I see no redeeming feature with religion, it is the root cause of hostility today, I would destroy every church, synagogue and mosque to build homes for those that need them.

Build your own altar, in your own home, don't drag others in so you can rob them under the pretence of faith!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:36 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:I'm a Muslim. Not the best one, but a proud one. As a Muslim, two things absolutely infuriate me. Number one, when crazy individuals use the name of religion to murder innocent individuals. Number two, when people use those crazy individuals to somehow asses or reflect my religion. No! Crazy people are crazy people. They exist everywhere and are not exclusive to my religion. Their crazy interpretation of faith does not represent me, my family, my friends or the overwhelming peaceful majority of the 1.6 BILLION Muslims across the planet. If it did, don't you think all Muslims would have blown themselves up by now? Most Muslims are just normal people. Who work, study, contribute, integrate, have fun. It feels bizarre for me to even have to state that. We have so many positive stories in our community. Unfortunately, many a times the masses don't hear about those stories, because it's not a sexy enough headline in comparison to terrorism. One day, I hope crazy individuals stop hijacking my religion. I also hope people stop using those individuals to reflect my religion. Islam doesn't need to change, it's people's ignorance towards it that does.

Very profound, SM; and as a practicing Buddhist I'm learning/evolving daily.  Quite a difference from the intolerant Southern Baptist Church that I was force fed while growing up. 
But without those oxymoron ideology lessons and my questioning mind {even at a young age} I doubt that I would ever have become a 'FOLLOWER' and not a sponge - wanting/needing to learn more than what was being offered and explained to me.  And that craving for more information led me to Buddhism and reading about 'ALL FAITHS'. 
All ignorance leads to intolerance and that makes people draw apart and then 'GANG UP' ...it takes so little to be open minded and to try to learn - want to learn and just accept that it's ok to be uniquely different in what we pray to - how we pray - why we pray!  I love you   
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top