McCain to Trump: Retract wiretapping claim or prove it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCain to Trump: Retract wiretapping claim or prove it

Post by Sassy on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.) called Sunday for President Trump to either prove his claim that President Barack Obama tapped the phones in Trump Tower during last year’s election campaign or drop the accusation.

“The president has one of two choices, either retract or provide the information that the American people deserve,” McCain said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I have no reason to believe that the charge is true, but I also believe that the president of the United States could clear this up in a minute.”

McCain is one of several top lawmakers in Congress to call on Trump to provide evidence of his unsubstantiated claim that Obama ordered Trump’s communications monitored. The senator’s call for more information follows a request from two leading members of the Senate Judiciary Committee for “copies of any warrant applications and court orders — redacted as necessary … related to wiretaps of President Trump, the Trump Campaign, or Trump Tower.”

[Top lawmakers ask Justice Department, FBI for any Trump wiretapping warrant applications]

Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) formally requested the information last week in a letter to FBI Director James B. Comey and acting deputy attorney general Dana Boente. Trump administration officials have not provided any evidence to back up the president’s claim from earlier this month.

McCain avoided directly criticizing Trump for using Twitter to spread unverified information, but the senator said a serious charge, such as accusing a former president of illegal wiretapping, should not be handled lightly.

“If the allegation is left out there, it undermines the confidence the American people have in the entire way that the government does business,” McCain said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/03/12/mccain-to-trump-retract-wiretapping-claim-or-prove-it/?utm_term=.b9f152f3d64f

Should be interesting.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Re: McCain to Trump: Retract wiretapping claim or prove it

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Trump is just an out and out liar. Sooner or later it will all catch up with him and the sooner the better.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Re: McCain to Trump: Retract wiretapping claim or prove it

Post by Sassy on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Yep, how about tomorrow lol, can't come soon enough.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

‘I’m not Inspector Gadget’, so say's Kellyanne Conway - REALLY, who knew???

Post by Aspca4ever on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Kellyanne Conway admits ‘no evidence’ on new wiretap claim, backs away from microwave comment: ‘I’m not Inspector Gadget’
Conway admits lack of proof for latest Obama wiretap accusation
BY Adam Edelman Meera Jagannathan
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Monday, March 13, 2017, 10:38 AM
White House counselor Kellyanne Conway backed away Monday from her earlier claim that former President Barack Obama had illegally surveilled President Trump using TV sets and microwaves, insisting she had been speaking "generally" — and invoking a certain '80s cyborg detective.
"Chris, I’m not Inspector Gadget. I don’t believe people are using the microwave to spy on the Trump campaign," Conway told CNN's Chris Cuomo during a contentious interview. "However, I'm not in the job of having evidence. That’s what investigations are for."
"I’ve said many, many times throughout the week that the President is pleased that the House and Senate intelligence committees have agreed with him that this should be part of the investigation that already exists about Russia and the campaign," the Trump aide continued. "An investigation that has gone nowhere so far."
The CNN sit-down marked Conway's latest efforts to clarify her accusation that Obama's unproven surveillance of Trump spanned far beyond wiretapping, a claim she made in a Bergen Record interview published Sunday night.

"What I can say is there are many ways to surveil each other," Conway told the paper. "You can surveil someone through their phones, certainly through their television sets — any number of ways."     Conway even insinuated that Trump had been surveilled through a microwave, choosing to mention that there are "microwaves that turn into cameras."
"We know this is a fact of modern life," she told The Record.
In an interview with "Good Morning America" on Monday, she admitted having "no evidence" for the claim.
"Of course I don't have any evidence for those allegations and that answer had nothing to do with what the President said last week," Conway said when asked repeatedly about her claim.        
Her comments came more than a week after Trump first offered his explosive — and still baseless — accusation that Obama had ordered an illegal "tap" on Trump Tower.
The House Intelligence Committee has asked the White House to provide any evidence of the allegations by Monday — a deadline that it seems certain to not meet.
Conway's ABC spot was just one of several Monday morning she appeared to use to both pull away from her comments to The Record and to tout Trump's healthcare plan.
"All I said to the Bergen Record is — I was making a comment about the articles from this past week where it is revealed that one can be surveilled through any number of techniques, through microwaves, through the cameras, through televisions. I wasn't talking about anything specifically," Conway told "GMA."
In a separate interview with NBC's "Today" show, the former pollster declined to comment on her boss's wiretapping allegation, citing that the issue was "under investigation."
Confronted with Trump's embracing last week's positive jobs numbers after years of dismissing his predecessor's reports as a hoax, Conway pivoted to talking about Obamacare, replying that "there’s a lot of fakery going on for people who were promised something that never came to be."
Conway's media blitz appeared to inspire a Monday-morning Trump tweet.
"It is amazing how rude much of the media is to my very hard working representatives," Trump tweeted moments after her CNN interview concluded. "Be nice, you will do much better!"
Conway, for her part, retweeted her boss. Earlier in the morning, she wrote: "On wiretap claims, I have said many times that we are pleased the House/Senate Intel Committees are investigating & will comment after."
"Response to Bergen Record was about surveillance articles in news & techniques generally, not about campaign. Headline just wrong," she added.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/conway-admits-lack-proof-latest-obama-wiretap-accusation-article-1.2996344 

Sure I find this humorous ...and yet the seriousness of the slander/libelous from the 'King of Tweet' that created this debacle will not go away; neither will the accusations about Voter Fraud - Millions of Illegals voting against him! 

But it does keep the media and his ½ wit adoring followers from asking: 'now where are your tax returns - how many of your inner circle/staffers have been compromised by Putin - how is it that you spend every weekend at Mar-a-Lago and we're all paying for those golf weekends and your penthouse apartments in NYC too???' Suspect     
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top