55-year-old first-time voter who chose Trump protests large increase in health costs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

55-year-old first-time voter who chose Trump protests large increase in health costs

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:24 pm

After voting for the first time at the age of 55, for Donald Trump, Martha Brawley is worried that the main issue that brought her to the polls, health insurance coverage, is going to become worse.

Brawley, a resident of Monroe, North Carolina, said she fears the new Republican health insurance bill will significantly raise her premiums.

"I'm 55. This is the first time in my life I voted, and I voted for Trump hoping that he would change the insurance so I could get good health care," she told ABC News. "I might as well have not voted."

She first spoke to The New York Times about her concern that she would receive thousands of dollars less in assistance, as tax credits, to help her buy health care coverage under the proposed American Health Care Act (AHCA), dubbed "Trumpcare."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/55-year-time-voter-chose-trump-protests-large/story?id=45991134

Looks like the the Trumpers are as bad as our Tories. I suppose the message there (and here) is to be careful what you vote for. Unfortunatly for so many over here it's already too late.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top