International Women's Day 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

International Women's Day 2017

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:33 am

For International Women's Day 2017, we're asking you to #BeBoldForChange.
Call on the masses or call on yourself to help forge a better working world - a more gender inclusive world.
Submit your #BeBoldForChange action via the IWD website.

https://www.internationalwomensday.com/Theme

Time to recognize women for their work and I think Michelle Obama deserves a special mention as do so many others for their work throughout the years.

She was a very special First Lady modern and progressive in every sense

Well done Maam
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Re: International Women's Day 2017

Post by Sassy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm

My nominations:

For UK - Jo Cox, died for her beliefs and never stopped fighting for people who couldn't fight for themselves.

Internationally - Coalition of Women For Peace - Israeli and Palestinian Women fighting for Justice, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, banding together to fight for right in Palestine and Israel, from a two state solution to LGBT rights. Their work on 'Who Profits from the Occupation is amazing.

On a personal night, my wonderful friend J, who works tirelessly in Suffolk for women, at all levels, from those in poverty, to keeping going the Refuge for abused women. She is a truly wonderful woman and one I totally admire.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:02 pm

What I've posted on my FB page this morning > > >
No other time in 'MY' history has my gender been under such degrading numerous topics of discussion within our political system!
And you have to ask; 'why is that, how have we allowed the conversation about our body parts to be the ridiculed joke of one side or our political isle?'
Would you snicker about such 'locker room' talk if that was your: sister/mother/aunt/grandmother/best friend?
Wake Up America - you dishonor all women when you behave in this type of behavior and by ignoring it from your top leaders it just proves how willing you are to remain 'SILENT' ...be heard - be a voice - STOP BEING SHEEPLE!

Last edited by Aspca4ever on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:What I've posted on my FB page this morning > > >

No other time in 'MY' history has my gender been under such degrading numerous topics of discussion within our political system!
And you have to ask; 'why is that, how have we allowed the conversation about our body parts to be the ridiculed joke of one side or our political isle?'
Would you snicker about such 'locker room' talk if that was your: sister/mother/aunt/grandmother/best friend?
Wake Up America - you dishonor all women when you behave in this type of behavior and by ignoring it from your top leaders it just proves how willing you are to remain 'SILENT' ...be heard - be a voice - STOP BEING SHEEPLE!

Absolutely agree. I even had a stupid woman on twitter say 'oh it was just boys joshing'. I wanted to give her a real slap for the example she was setting her children.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:51 pm

Sassy wrote:My nominations:

For UK - Jo Cox, died for her beliefs and never stopped fighting for people who couldn't fight for themselves.

Internationally - Coalition of Women For Peace - Israeli and Palestinian Women fighting for Justice, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, banding together to fight for right in Palestine and Israel, from a two state solution to LGBT rights. Their work on 'Who Profits from the Occupation is amazing.

On a personal night, my wonderful friend J, who works tirelessly in Suffolk for women, at all levels, from those in poverty, to keeping going the Refuge for abused women. She is a truly wonderful woman and one I totally admire.

Jo Cox is a great choice. Murdered by an extreme RW eacist and neo-**** for nothing other that showing care and compassion to unfortunate peoples. And the abuse of her didn't stop with her death as the nutjobs potrced scorn on her legacy.

Hell mend them.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:What I've posted on my FB page this morning > > >

Great words 4ever. America is now blinded by the new president and his divisive politics and disdain for women.

President pussy grabber sums him up
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:16 am

Sassy wrote:

Absolutely agree.   I even had a stupid woman on twitter say 'oh it was just boys joshing'.   I wanted to give her a real slap for the example she was setting her children.

Do you remember when some dickhead was saying that there shouldn't be an International Womens Day as their rights were no more important than everyone else's rights for equality and they should all be lumpted together?

Amazing huh!
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:00 am

Anyone seen any comment from President Pussy Grabber accross the pond recognising International Womens day?

Nope, neither have I Laughing
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 am

bounce cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Royal Navy Vessels Travel To London To Mark International Women's Day

And all the vessels commanded and crewed by women. Wll done to them for having the courage to sign up, stick it out  and see it through because they loved their country so much

Click here to watch the Video

http://www.forces.net/news/royal-navy-vessels-travel-london-mark-international-womens-day
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top