South Africa - Parliament Votes 261 To 33 Against Expropriation Without Compensation

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: South Africa - Parliament Votes 261 To 33 Against Expropriation Without Compensation

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:15 am

Catman wrote:....Since we are visiting later this year i've been doing some homework.

Where are you goint to in South Africa?
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa - Parliament Votes 261 To 33 Against Expropriation Without Compensation

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 am

Just following up on this on reading a discussion on another forum and  I was intrigued by a submission to support an argument about South Africa and land claims so I decided to look up the source and I found that it had been plagiarised from a claim by the extreme RW Apartheid party Front National of South Africa representing a land claim for return of land to a Dutch South African nation/Afrikaner state. Here’s the basis of the claim and the most important part that was deliberately left off.

Front National to submit a land claim for old Boer Republic on 24 April 2014

MEDIA RELEASE: Largest land claim in South African history
The political party Front National is lodging the single largest land claim in South African history to the Land Commissioner in Pretoria on Thursday, April 24. The claim will test the legitimacy, honesty and objectivity of the ANC-government regarding land claims.
The claim for the land, stretching from Ohrigstad eastwards to include the Kruger National Park, is the first of several claims being prepared. Front National claims that the intention of the Deed of Sale was to put the land under the guardianship of the “Dutch South African nation” as an ethnic group and was NOT intended as a sale to the then, or later, governments but for utilisation by the descendants now known as Afrikaner/Boer.
LAND CLAIM: OHRIGSTAD, MPUMALANGA
CLAIMANTS: I present the land claim on behalf of the natural descendants of the Dutch South African nation, commonly known as the Afrikaner or Boer. The claimants are those descendents identifying themselves as Afrikaners with the distinct characteristics of western/European outlook on life regarding language, culture, history and a sense of nationhood. This will exclude people not identifying themselves with the ethnic group in political and cultural sense.
DESCRIPTION OF LAND:
The claim pertains to the land described in State Archives R117/1846, namely –
From Ohrigstad to the north till the Olifantsrivier, then downwards to the Delagoa Bay line; to the south till the Crocodile River; to the west to Elandspruit till the 26 degrees line; east till where the Crocodile River joins the Komati River.
REASON/DATE OF LAND CLAIM
The said land is the property of the Dutch South African nation as described above and according to the Deed of Sale, should by administered by the Dutch South African nation ONLY. This right was unilaterally taken from the Dutch South African nation/Afrikaner on 27 April 1994 and is currently administered by the South African Government in contravention of an international deed of sale between two nations’ descendants.
The land was legally obtained for the Dutch South African nation as an ethnic group to be administered by such ethnic group and was only in custodianship of the SA government pre-27 April 1994 because the said government was regarded as descendents of the ethnic group. There was no legal right to hand this land over to a “foreign” government in April 1994 away from the original ethnic group.
We claim the said land as our ancestral land of the Dutch South African nation/Afrikaner; duly bought and paid for on July 25, 1846 as an ethnic group and not as individual landowners.

http://www.censorbugbear.org/farmitracker/reports/view/2329

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another bunch of Apartheid racists who want their own region and to turn it back to an apartheid state that they long for again to be named the Dutch South African nation/Afrikaner.

Everything Nelson Mandela fought to end and no surprise he signed off the Land Reform (Labour Tenants) Act, 1996 (Act No. 3 of 1996 which buried all this shit. Anyone who uses all that above in a discussion  to claim historical knowledge of South Africa is as good as backing the claim and it’s bloody appalling and disgusting as is plagiarising and cherry-picking of a portion of an article without giving proper attribution to the work of the author.

Shocking doesn't go near to describing how bad this is.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Good grief!
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Where are you goint to in South Africa?

Cape Town, western cape....The best place to do safari. We haven't been to the travel agents as we are concentrating on the last remaining improvements to our home and then the wedding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 pm

South Africa is a beautiful country with a massive future, the ANC has its problems simply due to the fact that corruption is a lot less subtle over there so it's hard to judge by western standards.

The ANC and DA are committed to a rainbow nation, it is no longer a colonial backwater of abundant resources, easily exploitable, land like every other commodity must be fairly paid for and utilised for its greatest potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Sassy wrote:Good grief!

Good grief indeed and the last thing South Africa nees is to be dragged back to the past of apartheid with riduculous land grabs like the one I highlighted. Only a flown blown racist dick would use the stuff I highlighted and it's shamefull
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:17 pm

scrat wrote:South Africa is a beautiful country with a massive future, the ANC has its problems simply due to the fact that corruption is a lot less subtle over there so it's hard to judge by western standards.

The ANC and DA are committed to a rainbow nation, it is no longer a colonial backwater of abundant resources, easily exploitable, land like every other commodity must be fairly paid for and utilised for its greatest potential.

Great post which summs it up. Progress may have been slow but the sins of the past take time to correct but they'll get there eventually.

A good start would be to get shot of Zuma who may well be on the way out anyway.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Great post which summs it up. Progress may have been slow but the sins of the past take time to correct but they'll get there eventually.

A good start would be to get shot of Zuma who may well be on the way out anyway.
Exactly, slowly but surely a great modern nation is being built, a young democracy that'll sort itself out in good time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:41 pm

scrat wrote:
Exactly, slowly but surely a great modern nation is being built, a young democracy that'll sort itself out in good time!

One of Doug's disrict nurse's is from there. She says it's a great country, but best to go in August to avoid the rainy seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Catman wrote:

One of Doug's disrict nurse's is from there. She says it's a great country, but best to go in August to avoid the rainy seasons.
Depends where you go, the highfeld is only wet in the summer, and to be honest it's a great relief, I love the storms, the cape's a tad more Mediterranean.

I lived in SA for almost six years, been visiting since 1994 and I visit every other year due to family commitments, love every moment, in the future I hope to spend some of my retirement close to Jbay on the garden route!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm

scrat wrote:
Depends where you go, the highfeld is only wet in the summer, and to be honest it's a great relief, I love the storms, the cape's a tad more Mediterranean.

I lived in SA for almost six years, been visiting since 1994 and I visit every other year due to family commitments, love every moment, in the future I hope to spend some of my retirement close to Jbay on the garden route!

That's interesting! Cool

Where is the best to go for the safari experience then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:55 pm

.....Where it's OK to be gay etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Catman wrote:

That's interesting! Cool

Where is the best to go for the safari experience then?
Kruger imo is the best, I toured there a few times, wonderful, a place called Bateleur, deep in the bush, no light pollution the skies at night are stunning, but there's loads of good safari camps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Catman wrote:.....Where it's OK to be gay etc?
Its ok to be gay anywhere, South Africa is a very open society!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:01 pm

scrat wrote:
Kruger imo is the best, I toured there a few times, wonderful, a place called Bateleur, deep in the bush, no light pollution the skies at night are stunning, but there's loads of good safari camps!

Kruger national park?

Is that near Cape Town or elsewhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Catman wrote:

Kruger national park?

Is that near Cape Town or elsewhere?
No it's up in the north, near Zimbabwe and Mozambique, brilliant place!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 pm

scrat wrote:
No it's up in the north, near Zimbabwe and Mozambique, brilliant place!

So to be in Cape Town wouldn't be the best for a safari experience then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Catman wrote:

So to be in Cape Town wouldn't be the best for a safari experience then?
Addo is near Port Elizabeth in the cape, also stunning, there's loads of them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 pm

scrat wrote:
Addo is near Port Elizabeth in the cape, also stunning, there's loads of them!

So in your opinion, where would be best to go overall?

Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Catman wrote:

So in your opinion, where would be best to go overall?

Thanks Very Happy
kruger if you can travel out from the Cape, if you want to stay in the cape region Addo, but there's lots of smaller safari camps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:31 pm

scrat wrote:
kruger if you can travel out from the Cape, if you want to stay in the cape region Addo, but there's lots of smaller safari camps.

Neither of us are able to drive. So we would be relying on pakage connections....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 pm

...It's on the to do list shortly after the wedding. We've never travelled outside of Europe so i've said a want a travel agency to sort it tbf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Catman wrote:...It's on the to do list shortly after the wedding. We've never travelled outside of Europe so i've said a want a travel agency to sort it tbf.
go for it, Africa is an education in itself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:47 pm

scrat wrote:
go for it, Africa is an education in itself!

Holiday of a lifetime that we will only get to do once! We both are severe animal lovers, lovers of all kinds of wildlife!

Doug likes monkeys and the primates, i'm into the big cats, elephants etc....

Definately something that we would both enjoy! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Catman wrote:

Holiday of a lifetime that we will only get to do once! We both are severe animal lovers, lovers of all kinds of wildlife!

Doug likes monkeys and the primates, i'm into the big cats, elephants etc....

Definately something that we would both enjoy! Razz

Hey Catman. Did you watch Phillip Schofield's South Africa programme tonight on TV. I saw clips previewing it didn't see the programme which I thought it may be of interest to you.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top