Rag n Bone man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rag n Bone man

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Very Happy Didn't need xfactor.

Back to top Go down

Re: Rag n Bone man

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm old enough to remember the rag and bone man, as a child I grew up in Clapham, near the common, it was proper Steptoe and son, a horse and cart overloaded with old washing machines, boilers, various items of crap etc, and the old boy bellowing "Raaggg n Bowennnn" he sounded like Parker from thunderbirds,,,,,wow the silly things we remember!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:07 pm

scrat wrote:I'm old enough to remember the rag and bone man, as a child I grew up in Clapham, near the common, it was proper Steptoe and son, a horse and cart overloaded with old washing machines, boilers, various items of crap etc, and the old boy bellowing "Raaggg n Bowennnn" he sounded like Parker from thunderbirds,,,,,wow the silly things we remember!

Yes, there was a man that used to come round our road with a horse in Eltham PARK( couldn't understand what he was saying though)

Perhaps they should bring them back!

Might save the councils for clearing up flytipping! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules. on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Brighton's finest. Great vocals!

Jules.
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:50 pm

i love this guy's voice. my son put him on and it was playing away on youtube but i was on a different tab. all of a sudden he said to me ''go on to youtube and have a look at this bloke'', when i did he cracked up laughing at the shock on my face. i'd deffo had him down as young and fit and black.

we also had a rag and bone cart with horse and couldn't understand what the hell he was yelling about all the way down the street. incidentally i had been learning about medievil history at junior school at the time when i saw it. i must have been about 7-8 and said to my mum ''what's he shouting? is it 'bring out your dead' '' my mum nigh on collapsed laughing,,,,i dont think she ever quite recovered.

gelico
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:00 pm

LOL, we had quite a famous brewery near my Nans in Wandsworth, and they used to deliver the barrels by horse and cart, and the horses had all the brasses on them and looked wonderful.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sassy on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:22 pm

'Any Old Iron' was what they used to shout, hence the song, now that is a real oldie, my grandad used to sing it to me.

Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top