What would be your ideal holiday destination?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What would be your ideal holiday destination?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Doug and i are getting married in the summer, so we've been discussing honeymoon locations when he's eventually able to travel, things with his legs are looking good and the district nurse said he'd probably be ok by then or a bit later in the year.

After much thought and discussions we've both decided on South Africa. We both love wildlife programs and i've always wanted to do safari.

I'd like to visit Robin Island where Nelson Mandella was imprisoned, there are lots of scenic beaches etc and i think it's relatively safer for gay people there as opposed to other countries around there, where things may not be as safe.

So if you could pick your ideal holiday destination where would that be?

Back to top Go down

Re: What would be your ideal holiday destination?

Post by Aspca4ever on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:22 pm

Circa 1979 - one of the biggest oil company's I worked for allowed me to use their 'TIME SHARE' condo on Cane Bay!  7 days of the most blissful lounging on white warm sandy beaches - sipping Bahama Rum > emptied one of my suitcases - left most of my dirty laundry - wrapped souvenir towels around as many bottles of Bahama Rum Royale as I could safely squish into that bag and brought it back home. 
I could seriously have become a 'RUMMY' and stayed that way; but leaving my little son and being a responsible adult meant I had to return to the main land ...but OMG, that was the best 'do nothing vacation' I've ever had.
And I've always wanted to go back! 
My group of high school & college buddies called me 'BORING' because they went placed and did things - I snorkeled - lived on the beach and lounged on those warm sunny sands and good golly, it would do my mind/body & soul so much good to return. I love you  
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:58 pm

That looks really nice 4ever!

Thanks for sharing since i was unaware that the place existed

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 am

For me it would be a penthouse in Hong kong overlooking the Hong Kong waterfronr. It's am amazing scene teeming with activity anf a joy to look out over.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Irn Bru wrote:For me it would be a penthouse in Hong kong overlooking the Hong Kong waterfronr. It's am amazing scene teeming with activity anf a joy to look out over.

Too built up for me, i want to get as close as i possibly can to the wildlife,.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Catman wrote:

Too built up for me, i want to get as close as i possibly can to the wildlife,.

Oh, that sounds lovely.  I've seen some delightful/affordable places on the 'Travel Channel' ...tree top resorts that put you right up into the tall trees for wide vista's and those panoramic views of Africa. 
WOW ...I'll keep you both in my daily mediations: that this all works out - planning - both of your health - safety - weather conditions too!  I love you
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:11 pm

I would love to get one of those great big camper vans and travel all over America, especially the national parks. I spent some months travelling in the USA and would love to do it again - sans Trump of course!
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:13 pm

...Will be doing this through a travel agent though.

It is the holiday of a lifetime, our honeymoon....It's highly unlikely that we would ever be able to repeat!

....Might want to go to America though, was considering Texas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Texas is HUGE, took us 24 hours almost non-stop to drive from the Big Bend area to Houston.
Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Aspca4ever wrote:

Oh, that sounds lovely.  I've seen some delightful/affordable places on the 'Travel Channel' ...tree top resorts that put you right up into the tall trees for wide vista's and those panoramic views of Africa. 
WOW ...I'll keep you both in my daily mediations: that this all works out - planning - both of your health - safety - weather conditions too!  I love you

We have 50k left!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Sassy wrote:Texas is HUGE, took us 24 hours almost non-stop to drive from the Big Bend area to Houston.

So if you can't drive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Catman wrote:

So if you can't drive?
Well, there's the Am-track version for train travel in & around Texas >
    http://www.texaseagle.com/ 

Or - if you want to ride like the 'illegal' immigrants and travel a 'Greyhound Bus'...there's a Hot Line route from the Mexican border straight up to Emporia, KS ...just pack some serious 'Air Freshener' and you are forewarned about that horrid small toilet at the rear of the bus - 'DO NOT USE'!  But it does blow straight up through the middle of America - rest stops optional ~~~   
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:25 am

I took the Amtrak from Penn station in NYC down to Washington DC and did the return journey as well. 140 bucks each way.

Splendid service.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspca4ever on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 am

Irn Bru wrote:I took the Amtrak from Penn station in NYC down to Washington DC and did the return journey as well. 140 bucks each way.

Splendid service.

It's on my 'BUCKET LIST', Irn ...take a train trip somewhere in the USA!  My dearly departed and I often lamented that we just never got around to taking that trip across Canada - his birth place.
For as low as $415, you can hop on The Canadian, one of Via Rail Canada’s glorious passenger trains, and embark on a four-night trip from Toronto to Vancouver. The scenic route will show you the immense beauty of the country’s western regions, from beautiful rolling hills and lush green prairies to gentle lakes and towering mountains.
Sudbury Junction, Sioux Lookout, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Kamloops and Jasper are all stops during the trip, so you’ll also get the opportunity to explore some of Canada’s coolest cities.
Aspca4ever
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:01 am

THe coast-to coast Canada journey is popular with people from the UK and I know a couple of people who have done it and desceibed as an amazing experience. I never got around to that but I'd jump at chance to do it.

Alas, time isn't on my side Laughing
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top