Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Tue May 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Dean is flipping and flapping more than ever.
It is all a bit like the Fonz, trying to say I'm s.s.s.s.s.o...orry!
He just won't admit that it wasn't entirely Labour's fault for the financial crisis, even though the likes of Drinky and moletrousers are coming round to admitting it.

4 pages in on this thread and I'm still trying to drag an answer out of him on whether Marvyn King was right that the bailouts were the correct decision because that is relative to the claim that a delay in implementing them may have cost 1 million jobs.

Laughing
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Angry Andy wrote:At last, an admission from Drinky that Darling wasn't the inept buffoon he has been spouting about for years.
Compared to Darling, Osborne looks like a retarded maggot , but not as popular.

Andy I have an enduring admiration for Darling. He was the only Labour senior MP who admitted the next govt would "Have to cut far more than Thatcher ever did".

You guys get off on spending until we drop I don't, neither it seems does Darling.

There is nothing clever about maxing out your credit cards. There is nothing laudable about mortgaging your childrens futures. There is nothing admirable about I want it and I want it now culture. There is nothing brave about letting the other guy take the strain. The working classes that supported Labour of old have become the giro classes. Labour loves a dependant.

You really are the giro boys let the high earners pay for indolence seems to be your mantra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Angry Andy wrote:The WW2 debt took over 50 years to clear, Dean, but during that time Britain built up , then Thatcher destroyed, a healthy industrial base.
It can be done again - although I would go for a much shorter mortgage - 15 years tops, which gives the country breathing space to rebuild the economy and growth without the effect of 4-5 million potentially unemployed.

that is what popular myth is. The people that destroyed british industry was the british people who would rather buy Japanese cars TV and a multitude of other good becasue it was cheaper and more reliable. British good became too expensive to be competitive and the Tax payer no longer could afford to continue to bail them out.
Unemployment is just over ¼% up on what the coalition inherited from the previous government. IT is going to rise, it has been rising for years. the problem is that the previous government thought the public sector was the economy where as it is the private sector that makes the country rich and provides real jobs. We cannot afford the public sector as it is, the pension liability is unfunded and more or less unfundable which is why people are going to have to work longer. Everyone is going to have to work until they are nearly 70 or perhaps more in order to fund the early retirements of public sector workers who seem to think they are immune to the realities of the real world.

so far the savage cuts people have been screaming about come to about 0.8%
that is absolutely nothing.
the only thing I have read is balls telling people he would spend more and borrow more and the credit agencies have said had he done so Britain would have lost its AAA rating some time ago if that had been the case.
you cannot spend your way out of debt. Eventually all the chickens come home to roost and those mountainous debts have to be paid.
this government has not lived up to its commitments to cut the deficit. That is the bottom line. They need to do more to balance the budget. every year our debt is getting bigger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 11:27 pm

The industrial base had already been destroyed by militant unions and demarcation disputes.

Throughout the 60s and 7os both Heath and Wilson battled with dispute after dispute.

Really you guys airbrush anything out if history that doesn't suit you. You would have had roles with the poliburo comrades.

I take it in your deluded world the unions were totally blameless.

Laughable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 pm

The reductions in expenditure are very small. Just where do you lefties think you can borrow money from at competitivevrates. We are still borrowing £500 million per day. Small beer eh lads?

I am really interested in hearing where all the cheap money s for profligate lefties..

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Tue May 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Drinky wrote:The reductions in expenditure are very small. Just where do you lefties think you can borrow money from at competitivevrates. We are still borrowing £500 million per day. Small beer eh lads?

I am really interested in hearing where all the cheap money s for profligate lefties..

We could borrow it from the same place that Osborne borrowed 7 billion to bail out Ireland. We could borrow it from the same place that Osborne borrowed billions to give to the IMF to support the Eurozone. We could borrow it from the same place that Osborne was going to borrow it from to match Labour's spending plans.

Just a few suggestions for you to think over.

And I see there is someone hiding in the hidden zone so maybe we're going to get an answer on

Was the decision to bail out the banks the correct one?

But I won't hold my breath.

Goodnight

Smile
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 11:54 pm

Not if you declare you are resuming labour profligacy.

As to the bail out my answer was yes to RBS and no to Northern Rock.

It was clear enough.

Look up the story about Norther rock.

However you are so biased no amount of argument will convince you that Gordon was not omnipotent. There are members of cults less brainwashed vthan you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Drinky wrote:Not if you declare you are resuming labour profligacy.

As to the bail out my answer was yes to RBS and no to Northern Rock.

It was clear enough.

Look up the story about Norther rock.

However you are so biased no amount of argument will convince you that Gordon was not omnipotent. There are members of cults less brainwashed vthan you.

Any such profligacy would just have been a continuation of the profligacy that had gone on by the government before them.

And I know your position on the bailouts but the question was not directed at you, Drinky. At least you are honest about how you feel.

And again, you continue to get me mixed up with someone else because I have never promoted Gordon Brown on here or anywhere else.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Drinky wrote:The industrial base had already been destroyed by militant unions and demarcation disputes.

Throughout the 60s and 7os both Heath and Wilson battled with dispute after dispute.

Really you guys airbrush anything out if history that doesn't suit you. You would have had roles with the poliburo comrades.

I take it in your deluded world the unions were totally blameless.

Laughable.
its you guys airbrush anything out if history that doesn't suit you or fail to take thing in to consideration or o proffer the idea that it was ALL the unions fault
when the actual truth is more complicated than flinging blame about

To get a real sense of the actual events and decisions that have lead to where we are now
you have to start just after the second world war
and look it as a whole something the right habitually refuses to do

any time thatcher is mentioned you lot are in-dignified as if her premiership is beyond reproach
your all for the most part doing the same over Cameron although i see a lot of disillusionment creeping in
but who do you blame the "lib dems" never your(Conservatives ) fault

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 09, 2012 10:27 pm

TTS wrote:its you guys airbrush anything out if history that doesn't suit you or fail to take thing in to consideration or o proffer the idea that it was ALL the unions fault
when the actual truth is more complicated than flinging blame about

To get a real sense of the actual events and decisions that have lead to where we are now
you have to start just after the second world war
and look it as a whole something the right habitually refuses to do

any time thatcher is mentioned you lot are in-dignified as if her premiership is beyond reproach
your all for the most part doing the same over Cameron although i see a lot of disillusionment creeping in
but who do you blame the "lib dems" never your(Conservatives ) fault

Even the Tories blamed Thatcher and they knifed her.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/major-rejects-thatcher-view-on-manufacturing-pm-criticises-economic-inheritance-and-highlights-honours-reform-in-an-interview-with-andrew-marr-1495419.html
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top