Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9242161/Labour-lost-a-million-jobs-says-Bank-chief.html

so the million people they put out of work in their last few years need not have lost their jobs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 pm

In A Flap wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9242161/Labour-lost-a-million-jobs-says-Bank-chief.html

so the million people they put out of work in their last few years need not have lost their jobs.
you really are a hypocritical little shit

since the bail out of the banks you have decried ,;lambasted and berated labor and Gordon brown for actually taking the step to bail out the banks "let them fail you said" we should not be bailing them out you said ,how dare gordon brown use tax payer money to do this you said ,we will never get our money back you said , (Osborn made sure of that any way )
mr king says in your link . “Bailing out the banks came too late to prevent the financial crisis from spilling over into the world economy.

As typical with you you want your cake and to eat it as well first you didn`t want the bail out now your bleating that they did not do it before and allegedly lost a million jobs

conflicting views or what ??


do you own your bandwagon or do you just rent ?




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Fri May 04, 2012 10:48 am

TTS wrote:you really are a hypocritical little shit

since the bail out of the banks you have decried ,;lambasted and berated labor and Gordon brown for actually taking the step to bail out the banks "let them fail you said" we should not be bailing them out you said ,how dare gordon brown use tax payer money to do this you said ,we will never get our money back you said , (Osborn made sure of that any way )
mr king says in your link . “Bailing out the banks came too late to prevent the financial crisis from spilling over into the world economy.

As typical with you you want your cake and to eat it as well first you didn`t want the bail out now your bleating that they did not do it before and allegedly lost a million jobs

conflicting views or what ??


do you own your bandwagon or do you just rent ?




calm down dear
I am only posting what steady eddie is saying.
the undeniable fact is that during labours last few years they put 1 million on the dole. There must have been a reason for that. could it have been their policies that caused 1 million extra to go on the dole.

Steady Eddie seems to suggest that those people need not have lost their jobs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 pm

In A Flap wrote:

calm down dear
I am only posting what steady eddie is saying.
the undeniable fact is that during labours last few years they put 1 million on the dole. There must have been a reason for that. could it have been their policies that caused 1 million extra to go on the dole.

Steady Eddie seems to suggest that those people need not have lost their jobs.

Merv is always right then, is he? What about this one?

Enter Mervyn King, who used a newspaper interview directly to contradict Osborne's claim that the recession was all Labour's fault. He argued sensibly that, instead, the blame lay with the banks and the financial sector.

So has Merv convinced you now that the bailout was correct - albeit he said it could have come sooner - but nevertheless it was the correct decision, and also that the recesion was not Labour's fault?

What do you say? Is he right or is he wrong?
avatar
Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 404
Points : 817
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 7:45 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Merv is always right then, is he? What about this one?

Enter Mervyn King, who used a newspaper interview directly to contradict Osborne's claim that the recession was all Labour's fault. He argued sensibly that, instead, the blame lay with the banks and the financial sector.

So has Merv convinced you now that the bailout was correct - albeit he said it could have come sooner - but nevertheless it was the correct decision, and also that the recesion was not Labour's fault?

What do you say? Is he right or is he wrong?

I am sure that Merv is right that the recession is not ALL labours fault and it is good to see that you agree that labour put 1 million people on the dole unnecessarily.

when did merv the swerve write those comments by the way?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 8:37 am

In A Flap wrote:

I am sure that Merv is right that the recession is not ALL labours fault and it is good to see that you agree that labour put 1 million people on the dole unnecessarily.

when did merv the swerve write those comments by the way?
I see you still like to twist a persons words

A hard habit to break for you i guess perhaps you could point out where he said as you have claimed that he agrees that labour put 1 million people on the dole because i cant see that anywhere
perhaps you need glasses ?



your just being a dick again flippy boy the role suits you well


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 am

TTS wrote:I see you still like to twist a persons words

A hard habit to break for you i guess perhaps you could point out where he said as you have claimed that he agrees that labour put 1 million people on the dole because i cant see that anywhere
perhaps you need glasses ?



your just being a dick again flippy boy the role suits you well

I'm sorry I thought your boss said that merv was right in what he said, did I get that wrong, is he only right when it suits his purposes?
Maybe I will ask you the same question, were labour right to put 1million people on the dole unnecessarily?

now be a good ickle puppy and trot off and see which way you think.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 4:31 pm

In A Flap wrote:
I'm sorry I thought your boss said that merv was right in what he said, did I get that wrong, is he only right when it suits his purposes?
Maybe I will ask you the same question, were labour right to put 1million people on the dole unnecessarily?

now be a good ickle puppy and trot off and see which way you think.
Sleep same old twisty Blah blah Blah blah Blah blah but at least you admit you got what he said wrong


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 pm

TTS wrote: Sleep same old twisty Blah blah Blah blah Blah blah but at least you admit you got what he said wrong


so you haven't been briefed on which way to answer then. Is merv only right when his statements fit the labour view, or was he also right when he said labour put 1million on the dole unnecessary .
you really must learn to keep up. Your brain must be freezing up spending all this time alone.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Sat May 05, 2012 8:26 pm

In A Flap wrote:

I am sure that Merv is right that the recession is not ALL labours fault and it is good to see that you agree that labour put 1 million people on the dole unnecessarily.

when did merv the swerve write those comments by the way?

Thanks for the confirmation that the recesion was the fault of the globall banking colapse and not all down to Labour. Coming you as someone who voted Labour in 1997 up to but not beyond 2005 that is no more than I expected.

However, you didn't answer the part about whether the decision to bail out the banks was the correct one. If you're with Mervyn King on that then according to him that would have saved a million jobs. Bearing that in mind are you going with the view that it was the right decision?
avatar
Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 404
Points : 817
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Sat May 05, 2012 8:56 pm

TTS wrote:I see you still like to twist a persons words

A hard habit to break for you i guess perhaps you could point out where he said as you have claimed that he agrees that labour put 1 million people on the dole because i cant see that anywhere
perhaps you need glasses ?

your just being a dick again flippy boy the role suits you well


He should have gone to Specsavers beause I certainly didn't say that but making things up is of course his specialised subject.

BTW your comment to him below was classic...

do you own your bandwagon or do you just rent ?

Laughing


Last edited by Irn Bru on Sat May 05, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 404
Points : 817
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 8:56 pm

In A Flap wrote:

so you haven't been briefed on which way to answer then. Is merv only right when his statements fit the labour view, or was he also right when he said labour put 1million on the dole unnecessary .
you really must learn to keep up. Your brain must be freezing up spending all this time alone.
then it is indeed Odd Kenneth Clarke admited We (the nasty party)got it wrong on opposing bailing out the banks, admitted they got it wrong in opposing the nationalisation of Northern Rock as well. (the first bail out )They were wrong on the recession and they're wrong on the recovery.He also added: "It's been clear for some time that they made the wrong calls on the important judgments of the last few years - opposing action to support the economy and action to keep people in jobs
Darling said he was pleased the Tories were now admitting they were wrong when they opposed the bank bailouts perhaps if they had not opposed it those million imagery king spoke about jobs could have come to pass


but keep blaming labor i know your tiny mind can`t do much more than that,







Last edited by TTS on Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation that the recesion was the fault of the globall banking colapse and not all down to Labour. Coming you as someone who voted Labour in 1997 up to but not beyond 2005 that is no more than I expected.

However, you didn't answer the part about whether the decision to bail out the banks was the correct one. If you're with Mervyn King on that then according to him that would have saved a million jobs. Bearing that in mind are you going with the view that it was the right decision?
yea and it only took 4 years for him to at last agree to that simple yet self evident fact

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Angry Andy on Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 am

Doom spends more time on here than he does on his own Flop site.
Could it be because it has been overrun by terrorist supporting extremist far rw'ers , nazis and Bnp supporters, and mere tories are laughed at?
avatar
Angry Andy
Forum Member

Posts : 25
Points : 52
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-04-23
Age : 60
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Sun May 06, 2012 9:52 am

Angry Andy wrote:Doom spends more time on here than he does on his own Flop site.
Could it be because it has been overrun by terrorist supporting extremist far rw'ers , nazis and Bnp supporters, and mere tories are laughed at?

He came here with this thread and ended up agreeing that the recession was the fault of the bankers which of course was the same line that Mervyn King and David Cameron were taking.

Took a long time for him to get round to that but we got there in the end.

Laughing


avatar
Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 404
Points : 817
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Angry Andy on Sun May 06, 2012 10:06 am

He is a bit slow.
But that is living the high life in Turkey for you.
Detached from the reality of depressed UK.
avatar
Angry Andy
Forum Member

Posts : 25
Points : 52
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-04-23
Age : 60
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation that the recesion was the fault of the globall banking colapse and not all down to Labour. Coming you as someone who voted Labour in 1997 up to but not beyond 2005 that is no more than I expected.

However, you didn't answer the part about whether the decision to bail out the banks was the correct one. If you're with Mervyn King on that then according to him that would have saved a million jobs. Bearing that in mind are you going with the view that it was the right decision?

well for someone who is supposed to be so on the ball to think that the world recession could be labours fault is not very bright, however what the post is about is the million people who labour unnecessary put on the dole, a point which you seem very very reticent to acknowledge or discuss. As you ickle friend is so keen on saying, some things never change.
As merv says on the bank bailout that decision was made far too late and resulted I suppose in 1 million people ending upon the dole. but as we know unemployment was rising constantly from 2005 so there must have been something inherently wrong with labour policies even way back then.

Now shall we stick to the OP for a change and see if you agree with merv on the 1 million people who were put on the dole unnecessarily
or do you only agree with merv when it serves your own purpose???? that by the way is a question not a statement.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sun May 06, 2012 10:49 am

TTS wrote: then it is indeed Odd Kenneth Clarke admited We (the nasty party)got it wrong on opposing bailing out the banks, admitted they got it wrong in opposing the nationalisation of Northern Rock as well. (the first bail out )They were wrong on the recession and they're wrong on the recovery.He also added: "It's been clear for some time that they made the wrong calls on the important judgments of the last few years - opposing action to support the economy and action to keep people in jobs
Darling said he was pleased the Tories were now admitting they were wrong when they opposed the bank bailouts perhaps if they had not opposed it those million imagery king spoke about jobs could have come to pass


but keep blaming labor i know your tiny mind can`t do much more than that,






remind me what labours majority was???

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sun May 06, 2012 10:50 am

Angry Andy wrote:Doom spends more time on here than he does on his own Flop site.
Could it be because it has been overrun by terrorist supporting extremist far rw'ers , nazis and Bnp supporters, and mere tories are laughed at?

no it is becasue it is more fun battering left wing poodles like you all over the court.

hows the secret and cunning id by the way?????

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sun May 06, 2012 10:54 am

[quote="Irn Bru"]

He came here with this thread and ended up agreeing that the recession was the fault of the bankers which of course was the same line that Mervyn King and David Cameron were taking.

Took a long time for him to get round to that but we got there in the end.

Laughing


[/quote

where did I say that. You do love to read what you want into statements.

As usual you once again refused to answer anything while demanding others do so.
I said it was not ALL labours fault,
that surely implies that part of it was labours fault.


Now when will you answer a question as I have been so very obliging on answering all yours over the last 4 years, and I am still waiting for you to answer one of mine.
Was merv right that labour made 1 million people unemployed unnecessarily?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Angry Andy on Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 am

Don't have one, Dean, as you well know.
Cannot be bothered to argue eith rw nutjobs, racists and bigots.
You are welcome to them.
avatar
Angry Andy
Forum Member

Posts : 25
Points : 52
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-04-23
Age : 60
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 am

[quote="In A Flap"]

If I'm reading you correctly you are saying that the decision to bailout the banks was the correct one but it was too late and cost around 1 million jobs?

If you agree that the delay in bailing out the banks really did cost 1 million jobs then it follows that you agree that the decision to bail them out was correct. So, was the decision to bailout the banks correct……Yes or No?

Can you show me where unemployment was rising 'constantly' since 2005 up to the start of the banking crisis?

All this is relative to the OP and your answer on the bailout decision is very relative in supporting your OP
avatar
Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 404
Points : 817
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 am

I aked the question in my very first post on this thread whether the decision to bail out the banks was correct. That's 3 times I have asked In A Flap and as yet I still haven't received an answer.
It looks like I'm never going to get an answer but I'll check bacl later and maybe he'll have cobbled up some sort of response or more likely, he'll have made something up.

avatar
Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 404
Points : 817
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Guest on Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I aked the question in my very first post on this thread whether the decision to bail out the banks was correct. That's 3 times I have asked In A Flap and as yet I still haven't received an answer.
It looks like I'm never going to get an answer but I'll check bacl later and maybe he'll have cobbled up some sort of response or more likely, he'll have made something up.


yes indeed you have diverted away from the OP 3 times, probably more, but then that's you MO isn't it.

So you agree that merv is right in what he says???? as that seems to be what you are asking.
But it is not what the thread is about.

It's about the 1 million who went on the dole unnecessarily.

and I have shown you repeatedly time and time again that unemployment was rising from 2005.
just as it was falling from around 1992/3 to about 2001/2 where it levelled out.
You must remember all those graphs.
the one that was especially good was the one that showed labour left unemployment higher than when they came to power.




you must remember that one, a smidge more than .75% more unemployed than when they took power.


slightly less than the tories left after 18 years


the difference of course the tories inherited rising unemployment and left it falling and labour did the opposite.


just as a bit of fun I thought we would include only the last 13 years of the tory administration so we could compare like with like





I do hope you enjoyed those graphs, I love a good graph. A picture paints a thousand words.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour lost a million jobs, says Bank chief

Post by Irn Bru on Sun May 06, 2012 5:32 pm

In A Flap wrote:

yes indeed you have diverted away from the OP 3 times, probably more, but then that's you MO isn't it.

So you agree that merv is right in what he says???? as that seems to be what you are asking.
But it is not what the thread is about.

It's about the 1 million who went on the dole unnecessarily.

and I have shown you repeatedly time and time again that unemployment was rising from 2005.
just as it was falling from around 1992/3 to about 2001/2 where it levelled out.
You must remember all those graphs.
the one that was especially good was the one that showed labour left unemployment higher than when they came to power.




you must remember that one, a smidge more than .75% more unemployed than when they took power.


slightly less than the tories left after 18 years


the difference of course the tories inherited rising unemployment and left it falling and labour did the opposite.


just as a bit of fun I thought we would include only the last 13 years of the tory administration so we could compare like with like





I do hope you enjoyed those graphs, I love a good graph. A picture paints a thousand words.

Even though I have asked you 3 times whether you agree with the bailout of the banks you still won't give an answer even though the bailout of the banks is directly related to your OP in that Mervyn King's claim that a delay in implementing them cost 1 million jobs .

I'm not going to ask you a 4th time because I know and you know why you won't answer and we both know why, don't we? You see, if you agree that the delay in bailing out the banks should have been done sooner and the delay really did cost 1 million jobs then it naturally follows that you support the bailouts. However, if you say that the bailouts were wrong then you would be saying that Mervyn King's statement on the jobs is wrong. Either way, you're completely screwed and you have just left yourself looking like a right mug because we still don't know if you think he's right or if he's wrong.

Mervyn King leaves office soon and this comes over as a 'not my fault guv' attempt to distance himself from any blame and his version of events and the action he took as the storm broke is completely at odds with others at the Bank of England who he mocked as ‘crisis junkies’ for urging urgent action to deal with it so we have to go with the view that on this issue he is wrong.

Remember, people do make statements like his when they leave just to try and preserve their reputation and some people swallow it hook line and sinker but let's not be too harsh on him for that and let him leave with some dignity.

I'll deal with your post about unemployment prior to the banking crisis in a separate post as that was just an ill judged attempt to divert this thread away from the mess you have got yourself into.
avatar
Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 404
Points : 817
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum