Beetroot-Faced Cameron Boils Over In Hunt Row

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beetroot-Faced Cameron Boils Over In Hunt Row

Post by Irn Bru on Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Cameron really lost it big time today coming across as 'Flashman' and a bully. Milliband obviously got the response he wanted as Cameron's face was red with anger. Wasn't a pretty sight.

Jon Craig, chief political correspondent

When David Cameron gets cross, he goes rather red in the face. Summoned before MPs to defend Jeremy Hunt yet again, his face was at times almost beetroot.
In some of the most bad-tempered and noisy exchanges in the Commons for many months, the Prime Minister's anger boiled over several times.
He accused Ed Miliband of "double standards", told Chris Bryant he should apologise for leaking inaccurate Leveson Inquiry material and advised 80-year-old Dennis Skinner to take his pension.
Towards most Opposition MPs, Mr Cameron was graceless and at times bullying. He frequently shouted across the chamber and was even more "Flashman" in tone than he sometimes is at Prime Minister's Questions. To say the PM was irked at having to come to the Commons would be an understatement.

Full report by Jon Craig here

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16219237
Irn Bru
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Beetroot-Faced Cameron Boils Over In Hunt Row

Post by Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 am

Irn Bru wrote:Cameron really lost it big time today coming across as 'Flashman' and a bully. Milliband obviously got the response he wanted as Cameron's face was red with anger. Wasn't a pretty sight.

Jon Craig, chief political correspondent

When David Cameron gets cross, he goes rather red in the face. Summoned before MPs to defend Jeremy Hunt yet again, his face was at times almost beetroot.
In some of the most bad-tempered and noisy exchanges in the Commons for many months, the Prime Minister's anger boiled over several times.
He accused Ed Miliband of "double standards", told Chris Bryant he should apologise for leaking inaccurate Leveson Inquiry material and advised 80-year-old Dennis Skinner to take his pension.
Towards most Opposition MPs, Mr Cameron was graceless and at times bullying. He frequently shouted across the chamber and was even more "Flashman" in tone than he sometimes is at Prime Minister's Questions. To say the PM was irked at having to come to the Commons would be an understatement.

Full report by Jon Craig here

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16219237
indeed IB i actually watched the whole thing and Wasn't a pretty sight he does seem to get upset a lot when the people he has hired have to be defended in the house seemingly on a regular basis ,after being told to shove it by Leveson over hunt ,then all the torys on the MPs inquiry into phone hacking and NONE of the tory contingent supporting the parts of the report that criticizes Murdoch but they accept the rest ??? pandering to there true masters i call that Mr Murdoch your influence is indeed impressive,and i suspect that Cameron days are numbered climbing in to bed with Rebecca,James,and Rupert and its gonna bite him big in his arse big style

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry Andy on Wed May 02, 2012 11:43 am

POSH boys are born with an ­insatiable sense of entitlement then bred to rule.

Asked before moving into Downing Street why he wanted to be Prime Minister, David Cameron replied: “Because I’d be good at it.”

So welcome to Cameron’s Country after two years of DVD Dave’s amateurishness.

When, that is, you’ve negotiated long queues at airport passport desks.

It’s a land where he shrank a growing economy, reckless cuts plunging Britain into a feared double-dip recession.

A nation not working after the ­Conservatives reversed shortening dole queues by stretching them back round the block.

A realm in which deepening austerity and growing inequality are a direct result of Government policies.

While the filthy rich continue to party, filling their boots with extra loot.

A realm where the Chancellor slips wads of cash to ­millionaires on his BT Friends & Family list. As he slaps 20% tax on a workman’s lunchtime hot pasty.

The society in which ­ministers ­cynically create petrol panic so pumps run dry. And the stench of political sleaze returns to hack off people. Even droughts come with flood ­warnings in Cameron’s Country.

This devalued PM’s proof a silver spoon’s no guarantee of success in high office.

The bitter truth for Cameron is his future is past. He’s still rated more highly than his party. Ed Miliband, despite a good month, is, like Nick Clegg, lagging behind his party.

But Tory strategists are ­incapable of rebuilding Cameron’s authority. The Budget shattered the “we’re all in this together” defensive shield.

Deeply wounding class attacks from the Tory Right leave him mocked as a feeble Bertie Wooster.

I was always sat on the ­opposite side of the political fence to Cameron. I recognised his wealthy aloofness was an Achilles’ heel when scything living standards.

Yet, I readily admit, I never thought he’d run an ­administration as ­incompetent as the ­Conservative-Liberal Democrat Coalition.

The other great shocker is that Dave’s clueless about how to escape a death grip.

Sunday is the second ­anniversary of May 6, 2010, an election Cameron thought was in the bag and failed to win.

Voters give a verdict tomorrow in local elections across much of Britain. Labour’s poised to win the largest vote. Lost Tory seats will be down to mid-term blues.

Austerity was never going to be popular. But hundreds of defeated ­councillors will also be a verdict on the sheer incompetence of Cameron’s regime.

He’s institutionalising muddling and blundering into a style of government.

Entitlement and personal expectation don’t automatically create a decent ruler.

Cameron’s Country is proof of that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/camerons-country-its-a-wasteland-814880
Angry Andy
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinky on Wed May 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Before you have a lefty love in chaps whilst I am no Cameron fan the Daily Mirror is no decent reference.

The Mirrors only use is emergency toilet paper.

That said the coalition is in deep trouble and can't lat not least because I don't know a happy Tory at grass roots level.

I will say this your glee will be short lived if you regained power. The debt you left is still there as is the deficit which despite some cutbacks is still too high.

Within weeks interest rates would rocket as Balls would try to borrow his way out of it. A no win for anybody.

As to The Culture Sec I honestly don't know but you are hardly in a position to throw stones after the antics of Labour ministers. Mandelson ring a bell.
Drinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Drinky wrote:Before you have a lefty love in chaps whilst I am no Cameron fan the Daily Mirror is no decent reference.

The Mirrors only use is emergency toilet paper.

That said the coalition is in deep trouble and can't lat not least because I don't know a happy Tory at grass roots level.

I will say this your glee will be short lived if you regained power. The debt you left is still there as is the deficit which despite some cutbacks is still too high.

Within weeks interest rates would rocket as Balls would try to borrow his way out of it. A no win for anybody.

As to The Culture Sec I honestly don't know but you are hardly in a position to throw stones after the antics of Labour ministers. Mandelson ring a bell.

Oh stop being such a stick in the mud, Drinky, because it loks like Boris may have won in London because he makes people laugh.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 pm

I must say that IF i had a vote in the London mayoral election i would have voted for Boris,,

And fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view) if he has won the mayoral election ,pretty much ruled a leadership bid out till 2015-16

i suspect he is the only chance they have of winning the next GE

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top