Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:34 pm

* Householders must first agree to pay for measures such as wall or loft insulation
* Officials accept the scheme will cause huge inconvenience but claim it will reduce the nation’s carbon footprint



Millions of householders who want to build a conservatory, replace a broken boiler or install new windows will be forced to spend hundreds of pounds more on ‘green’ projects.

They will not be permitted to carry out the home improvement or repair unless they agree to fork out for measures such as loft or wall insulation.

The work is expected to add ten per cent to the cost of any building project in the home.


The last lot got hammered on these forums and on a Tory blog elsewhere for this sort of stuff but here we have this lot doing the same and even more. So let's se if we get the same level of condemnation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127039/Green-tax-conservatories-Home-improvements-trigger-10-levy.html#ixzz1rUiZIVOj

avatar
Irn Bru
Senior Member

Posts : 762
Join date : 2011-02-25
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 pm

I am at a loss to defend this nonsense if it is true.

The only thing I can say Irn Bru is you must be so happy. It is business as usual for the high tax high spend left wing. Cameron is a Red under the bed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Drinky wrote:I am at a loss to defend this nonsense if it is true.

The only thing I can say Irn Bru is you must be so happy. It is business as usual for the high tax high spend left wing. Cameron is a Red under the bed.

Why would I be happy about that, Drinky? You were warned about the Tories but you just wouldn't listen.
avatar
Irn Bru
Senior Member

Posts : 762
Join date : 2011-02-25
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I think you are missing the point. Asd a Labour man you applaud tax and spend. As a Conservative I abhor punitive taxes. Milliband your lerader has already said he is committed to keep the punitive high rate set by Gordon. In the past Labours punitive rates actually drove away high earners it seems they have learnmed nothing.

As a right winger I am without a party to support. You should be delighted they are all profligate you are spoilit for choice.

Let me repeat Cameron is behaving like he is in charge of a Labour lite party I want a Thatcherite leader.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Drinky wrote:I think you are missing the point. Asd a Labour man you applaud tax and spend. As a Conservative I abhor punitive taxes. Milliband your lerader has already said he is committed to keep the punitive high rate set by Gordon. In the past Labours punitive rates actually drove away high earners it seems they have learnmed nothing.

As a right winger I am without a party to support. You should be delighted they are all profligate you are spoilit for choice.

Let me repeat Cameron is behaving like he is in charge of a Labour lite party I want a Thatcherite leader.

I'm not missing the point and I've told you before that I am not a Labour man but I suppose if you keep saying it you might just happen to convince yourself that it's true.

I did warn you about the Tories and the writing was on the wall about their incompetence in the past and in opposition but you just wouldn't listen.

So stop looking around for someone else to blame and just accept you made a mistake in voting for these fools.

avatar
Irn Bru
Senior Member

Posts : 762
Join date : 2011-02-25
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Hello why do you defend Gordon so much then. VCameron may be Labour lite Brown was full strength spend until you drop Socialist posing as Mr Prudent.

Cameron may be a fool Gordon was malicious. Let me also point pout this isn't a Tory govt it is a coalition with a very left leaning party who seem to have inordinate influence. The last govt was Labour with a clear majority. Look how much debt they left behind.

I accept the incompetence argument in the way the budget was positioned not because of the cuts. The cuts aren't anywhere near deep enough.

You lefties will eventually have to face up to realities we as a nation can't afford to spend at the rate we have full stop. That is something you haven't learned Irn Bru you still think we should be spending and taxing as it seems the leadership of this coaltion do.

Many RW Tories like myself despair we have no one to vote for.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Drinky wrote:Hello why do you defend Gordon so much then. VCameron may be Labour lite Brown was full strength spend until you drop Socialist posing as Mr Prudent.

Cameron may be a fool Gordon was malicious. Let me also point pout this isn't a Tory govt it is a coalition with a very left leaning party who seem to have inordinate influence. The last govt was Labour with a clear majority. Look how much debt they left behind.

I accept the incompetence argument in the way the budget was positioned not because of the cuts. The cuts aren't anywhere near deep enough.

You lefties will eventually have to face up to realities we as a nation can't afford to spend at the rate we have full stop. That is something you haven't learned Irn Bru you still think we should be spending and taxing as it seems the leadership of this coaltion do.

Many RW Tories like myself despair we have no one to vote for.

Just because I challenge what people come out with on here and elsewhere does not mean that I'm defending Gordon Brown and it does not mean that I'm a l'efty'.
You go on about Labour spending until they drop but forget that up until the banking collapse that the Tories were backing Labour's spending plans and that their record on spending when in government was even worse than Labour's. The ran up the biggest debt and deficit figures since WWII and also the highest ever unemployment figures but of course that's all a distant memory and something that you would like to erase from the records. And they did that on the back of all the oil revenues and selling off the family silver just to keep things going whilst doing nothing to invest in capital building projects that were needed to prevent the crumbling decay of our schools and hospitals.
You see, I'm challenging the Tory record in government - 18 years of it.
avatar
Irn Bru
Senior Member

Posts : 762
Join date : 2011-02-25
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:13 pm

The current debt is far greater. Far far greater.

What I acknowledge is that successive govts have spent too much including the Tories. None the less Thatcher brought down income tax from 98% to 40%. Labour in office started down the rocky road ramping it up again.

Politicians of all hues spend "our" money to buy votes. They have weakened the economy as a result. I want an ever smaller state I suggest you want to either grow it or keep it as it is.

Public spending isn't investment for the most part it is often wasted though. The gap between the public sector and private sector especially pensions is appalling especially when you consider it is private companies who make the money.

The last labour got built the illusion f growth on debt the next one still thinks it can do the same. I and many other right thinking people see that for what it is. Disastrous.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Drinky wrote:The current debt is far greater. Far far greater.

What I acknowledge is that successive govts have spent too much including the Tories. None the less Thatcher brought down income tax from 98% to 40%. Labour in office started down the rocky road ramping it up again.

Politicians of all hues spend "our" money to buy votes. They have weakened the economy as a result. I want an ever smaller state I suggest you want to either grow it or keep it as it is.

Public spending isn't investment for the most part it is often wasted though. The gap between the public sector and private sector especially pensions is appalling especially when you consider it is private companies who make the money.

The last labour got built the illusion f growth on debt the next one still thinks it can do the same. I and many other right thinking people see that for what it is. Disastrous.

Of course the deficit and the debt is far greater but that is down to the global banking collapse.

Anyway, your coming round now and seeing that this is a mess created by allowing the financial sectot to call the shots and the failures og governments past and present to sort them out.
avatar
Irn Bru
Senior Member

Posts : 762
Join date : 2011-02-25
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:42 pm

No it was because from 2000 onwards Brown spent every tax penny acquired and then some. His own greed for taxes combined with the bankers greed created a huge debt bubble.

Brown didn't regulate because I suspect he knew it was built on a lie growth that is. I don't deny the bank collapwe added to the debt but the deficit is as I am sure you understand the gap between expenditure and income. We have grown the public sector beyond the ability if the country to pay.

Labour propose higher and higher taxes which will result in lower and lower returns in the long run as tax flight becomes the next step from massive avoidance.

It is a fact revenues increased when Thatcher brought down the top rate to 40%.

It is a fact under labour we went from being the fourth most competitive rax regime in the world to the ninety seventh.

I know to compete for business we need to regain that competitiveness. Your solution seems to be higher taxes and even more spending. A wise man would know that us simply cloud cuckoo land.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Drinky,

From the Institute of Fiscal Studies...

Over the first eleven years of Labour government, from 1997 to the eve of the financial crisis in 2007, the UK public finances followed a remarkably similar pattern to the first eleven years of the previous Conservative government, from 1979 to 1989. The first four saw the public sector move from deficit to surplus, while the following seven saw a move back into the red.

By 2007 Labour had reduced public sector borrowing slightly below the level it inherited from the Conservatives. And more of that borrowing was being used to finance investment rather than the day-to-day running costs of the public sector. Labour had also reduced public sector debt below the level it had inherited. As a result the ‘golden rule’ and ‘sustainable investment rule’ that Gordon Brown had committed himself to on becoming Chancellor in 1997 were both met over the economic cycle that he eventually decided had run from 1997–98 to 2006–7
avatar
Irn Bru
Senior Member

Posts : 762
Join date : 2011-02-25
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:14 pm

You miss the point in bru. He grew the public sector workforce to such an extent by this time that it was consuming all of the growth. ALL! Much of the growth was built on debt people over borrowed.

My family has a very good income but we never spend it all we are only too aware how quickly things can change. Gordon couldn't spend it fast enough by the time we got to 2007.

I might add for the first three years he followed the Tory economic policy to lull us into the belief he was Mr prudent. He was anything but.

The state consumes far too much if te national cake and until our leaders and you efties realise that we shall continue to strangle the life out if the productive sector with punituve taxes.


Last edited by Drinky on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Drinky wrote:You miss the point in bru. He grew the public sector workforce to such an extent by this time that it was consuming all of the growth. ALL! Much of the growth was built on debt people over borrowed.

My family has a very good income but we never spend it all we are only too aware how quickly things can change. Gordon couldn't spend it fast enough by the time we got to 2007.

I might add for the first three years he followed the Tory economic policy to lull us into the belief he was Mr prudent. He was anything but.

The state consumes far too much if te national cake and until our leaders and you efties realise that we shall continue to strangle the life out if the productive sectir with ounutuve taxes.

But in doing so they didn't pend any more than the Tories did, and most of their public spending was on growing the workforce with more Police, Doctors and Nurses etc. and on investment. The Tories just blew the money on nowt.

And remember, the Tories vowed to match Labour'sspending plans, indeed exceed them.

Also, where is the evidence to back up this 97th place in relation to tax?

avatar
Irn Bru
Senior Member

Posts : 762
Join date : 2011-02-25
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum