Cameron considers censoring music videos

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cameron considers censoring music videos

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 pm

It is understood the Prime Minister is considering new rules that would oblige websites hosting such videos to introduce robust age verification systems similar to those used to safeguard children online gambling.

Music videos are currently exempt from classification under the Video Recordings Act 1984 and 2010, which means that – unlike films – there are no restrictions on children buying any but the most graphic music videos.

There are currently no legal restrictions on children downloading music videos of any kind.

The Prime Minister is understood to be “disappointed” with the music video industry’s response to a Government report that warned of the greater “sexualisation of childhood”. The study highlighted the corrupting influence of such short films.

Mr Cameron is to summon leading figures in the music video and social media world to Downing Street for a summit next month and threaten tough new laws if more is not done to protect children.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/9192366/Cameron-gets-tough-on-raunchy-videos.html

I'm surprised they have got away with such dross for so long to be honest.

Admin
Admin

http://electricsky.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron considers censoring music videos

Post by Drinky on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Is this an urgent priority? Nanny state mark 2 I am rapidly losing confidence with Cameron. He gets more Blairite by the day.
Drinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Drinky wrote:Is this an urgent priority? Nanny state mark 2 I am rapidly losing confidence with Cameron. He gets more Blairite by the day.

You can't say you weren't warned, Drinky.

Irn Bru
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinky on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:50 pm

I realise Cameron isn't a Tory at least not the types of Tory I can associate with.

We will lose the next election because of him and Clegg and then Milliband will resume the destruction of the economy which won't take him long.

Seems to me there is little to choose between them at present. They are all tax ans spend merchants.
Drinky

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top