Shady, ever been to the Bahamas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shady, ever been to the Bahamas?

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Shady, ever been to the Bahamas? Summer Shark We were there years ago hunting 'smugdrugglers'. Thing is as we were flying back, one of the engines decided to catch fire. Flames n sparks flying past the portholes, till the pilot shut down the engine. We then diverted to Gander in Newfoundland. Middle of winter in Canada of course, we landed ,got off the plane up to our earholes in snow and only shirt-sleeves.
Fortunately it was St Patricks day, and there was a lot of Irish Canadians, so many wets were had by all. Dizzy Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Re: Shady, ever been to the Bahamas?

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

hagar wrote:Shady, ever been to the Bahamas? Summer Shark We were there years ago hunting 'smugdrugglers'. Thing is as we were flying back, one of the engines decided to catch fire. Flames n sparks flying past the portholes, till the pilot shut down the engine. We then diverted to Gander in Newfoundland. Middle of winter in Canada of course, we landed ,got off the plane up to our earholes in snow and only shirt-sleeves.
Fortunately it was St Patricks day, and there was a lot of Irish Canadians, so many wets were had by all. Dizzy Dizzy

Good afternoon Hagar.

No I've not done the Bahamas but I have been to the Virgin Islands & Tortola was lovely.I've also been to Barbados,the Island of Dominica & somewhere else out there, but I can't remember where.

Further north we also visited Bermuda which was also really nice.

Unfortunately & I suppose a bit stupidly,I don't remember an awful lot about our visits because I was so pissed......So I must have had a good time.

I do remember in Tortola a fanny boat pulled alongside behind us....full of wealthy yanks.And I couldn't help but think that us stinking lot on our poxy grey frigate,just shouldn't have been in such an upmarket place where that lot on the fanny boat had paid thousands for the privilege.

Don't get me wrong,we had a great time.But if I had been a passenger on the fanny boat pulling into an island paradise like Tortola,the last thing I'd want to see would be a Royal navy frigate full of a load of drunken bums.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top