I'm prepared to risk unpopularity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm prepared to risk unpopularity

Post by TTS on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 pm

over developing the countryside, says David Cameron

The Coalition is prepared to risk "short-term unpopularity" over controversial plans to build new towns, runways and roads across miles of British countryside, David Cameron has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/hands-off-our-land/9154150/Im-prepared-to-risk-unpopularity-over-developing-the-countryside-says-David-Cameron.html

TTS
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm prepared to risk unpopularity

Post by Drinky on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 am

I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand we need more runway space but using green belt for Towns is more than I can stand. I would rather high rise on brownfield.

It wouldn't be so critical had a previous govt not let so many in whilst pretendung to dobthe opposite. I am none too pleasedbwith this one as,well were immigration is concerned.

Drinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 am

Green open spaces are important to everyone. They should be preserved. The green belt should only be built on if there are no brownfield sites available to build high rise appartments. Town centres are for people to live and work and any free space should be used for homes. Drinky mentioned Runway space. Those can be easily built on coastal fringes close to industrial estates, on land which has been cleared for redevelopment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top