Phone hacking: Rebekah Brooks arrested in Weeting probe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phone hacking: Rebekah Brooks arrested in Weeting probe

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks has been arrested as part of the police inquiry into allegations of phone hacking.

Five other people were detained, including Mrs Brooks' husband, the racehorse trainer Charlie Brooks.

The arrests took place in Oxfordshire, London, Hampshire and Hertfordshire.

Police said one woman and five men were held on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, as part of the Operation Weeting hacking probe.

News International has confirmed that its head of security, Mark Hanna, is among the six people being held.

Former News of the World and Sun editor Mrs Brooks was arrested at her home in Oxfordshire. Her husband was also detained and they are now being held at separate police stations.

Officers are searching addresses connected to the arrests.

I'm sure the neighbours will be most upset.

Laughing
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Re: Phone hacking: Rebekah Brooks arrested in Weeting probe

Post by Drinky on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm sure there is a Scoits fanatical Labour supporter who is delighted! thus the celestial harmony is maintained.

I'll have you a bet not much will come of this and in terms of the cost of all of this not much at all.

Still it has amused you greatly so it has some value. When we rake up some new stuff about how devious Labour were in power wil you be so amused then. For example the Damien Green story you lead on the tother day was a very low point for Labour. Clearly because it was a Tory who was being abused that was OK.
Drinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Drinky wrote:I'm sure there is a Scoits fanatical Labour supporter who is delighted! thus the celestial harmony is maintained.

I'll have you a bet not much will come of this and in terms of the cost of all of this not much at all.

Still it has amused you greatly so it has some value. When we rake up some new stuff about how devious Labour were in power wil you be so amused then. For example the Damien Green story you lead on the tother day was a very low point for Labour. Clearly because it was a Tory who was being abused that was OK.

You need to review that because I never led on the Damien Green story.

And I'm not a fanatical Scot supporting Labour, in fact I didn't vote for them at the last election.

I'll expect you to retract your post in due course.

Many thanks
Irn Bru

Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinky on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Apologies I thought you had posted a story about him (Damien Green) making a phone call to Coulson when arrested. It was your mate TTS then.

Notwithstanding that you are an ardent defender of Labour in general and Gordson Brown in particular. If you are not a supporter you do a superb job at impersonating one.

I might add you found the horseriding story most amusing, your words not mine. Too many glasses of the amber nectar at work here?

The "Horsegate" scandal.

by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:38 am

+
----
-

One of the funniest articles I have read in a while.
Drinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Drinky wrote:Apologies I thought you had posted a story about him (Damien Green) making a phone call to Coulson when arrested. It was your mate TTS then.

Notwithstanding that you are an ardent defender of Labour in general and Gordson Brown in particular. If you are not a supporter you do a superb job at impersonating one.

I might add you found the horseriding story most amusing, your words not mine. Too many glasses of the amber nectar at work here?

The "Horsegate" scandal.

by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:38 am

+
----
-

One of the funniest articles I have read in a while.

I just challenge what is written by people when I think they are wrong or they are misrepresenting the facts. That's not defending something - it's seeking tp present the truth.

And I found the humour in the way the article was written and presented to be amusing, not the fact that Cameron had been involved in riding an ex Met police horse.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Regards
Irn Bru

PS Any luck yet with finding the name of the LibDem that was leading the banning of wearing the Christian cross?

Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 am

Quite honestly, I'm a bit bored with the Phone Hacking scandal, time to put an end to the speculation and this interminable enquiry. Everybody knows that everything will just carry on the way it did and all this expense from the public purse will just be a waste of money. The only people who are benefiting are the greedy lawyers and a few 2nd rate so called celebrities, who if they had set up their security pin numbers properly on their phone, would not have been hacked

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top