Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by TTS on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 am

The Tory MP Damian Green used his one phone call when he was arrested over Home Office leaks to ring Andy Coulson, the Leveson Inquiry has been told.

He chose to contact the former News of the World editor when he was held by police on 27 November, 2008, according to the officer who led the investigation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/leak-arrest-tory-made-phone-call-to-coulson-7546115.html


TTS
Established Member

Posts : 135
Points : 249
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 am

And!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



To use the press in such circumstances seems whoilly admirable. During the term of the Labour Junta they pulled some very nasty strokes. Not least spending a fortune of taxpayers money to try and cover up the MPs expense scandal. That would be Gorbels Mick in the frame for that.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 am

Liebour were the architects of the whole Troughing process. They besmirched the role of politician, used every dirty trick in the book to cover up their nefarious dealings, lied and cheated their way through the 13 disasterous years where they tried to destroy the UK. Only someone of the criminal, sexually deviant and terrorism fraternity would ever think of voting for Liebour again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 am

And yet they are queing up on here to do just that Fred.

I had to laugh following the demise of OS we have a new intake of leftwingers as if this site was short!!!!

Seren yourself and I are even more outnumbered.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:51 am

Not to worry Drinky a couple of the new left wingers are good posters and while we can disagree on policy, they are not the type to bear hatred and don't resort to the kind of abuse and bitter name calling that we have seen from the Gruesome twosome commie Moderators. I think we can look forward to good debate from a couple of of the new intake.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:31 pm

TTS wrote:The Tory MP Damian Green used his one phone call when he was arrested over Home Office leaks to ring Andy Coulson, the Leveson Inquiry has been told.

He chose to contact the former News of the World editor when he was held by police on 27 November, 2008, according to the officer who led the investigation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/leak-arrest-tory-made-phone-call-to-coulson-7546115.html


This doesn't surprise me at all, Cameron had relied on Coulson quite a lot and Damian Green probably thought Coulson could pull some strings for him.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:12 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

This doesn't surprise me at all, Cameron had relied on Coulson quite a lot and Damian Green probably thought Coulson could pull some strings for him.




It was an outrage that he wqas arrested at the time was it not.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Drinky wrote:



It was an outrage that he wqas arrested at the time was it not.

Sorry Drinky, don't know if you mean Green or Coulson?

Working on the presumption you mean Green, it did seem a bit strange. 'Grooming to pass information' I think it was, I wish that they would make grooming of other kinds illegal, but so far I don't think they have made any 'grooming' against the law, so don't quite know what they think they had.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Yes I did mean Green. It was a trumped up charge and the |Metropolitan Police and CPS must have lost their marbles at getting embroiled in such an event.

I'm surprised at Irn Bru who is a major Labour supporter leading with this because from where I am standing this was not Labours finest hour or indeed anywhere close to it.



Perhaps he can enlighten us.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Here is a summation of the green affairin the not so right wing Guardian. I am at a loss to see how this puts Green in a bad light and Labour including thew Speaker Martin in a good one.



Irn Bru has produced some amazing convoluted arguments in the past to show that Gordon did a great job selling the gold reserves at rock bottom prices let's see what he can do with this.



This is the comment of the Police officer charged with rteviewing the whole affair.

Ex-British Transport Police chief Ian Johnston was asked by the Met to review the investigation. His report concluded that Mr Green's arrest was "not proportionate", that the leaks resulted only in "embarrassment" for ministers and that they were not "likely to undermine government's effectiveness".

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:18 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Liebour were the architects of the whole Troughing process. They besmirched the role of politician, used every dirty trick in the book to cover up their nefarious dealings, lied and cheated their way through the 13 disasterous years where they tried to destroy the UK. Only someone of the criminal, sexually deviant and terrorism fraternity would ever think of voting for Liebour again.

No, that's not correct, Fred. The architects of the troughing process go back to to the 1980s and I can actually show you the documents which detail when and where it began...Downing Street.

They're quite revealing and you can read them here...

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/foi_allowances_k.pdf

And remember it was Conservative MP David Maclean who introduced a Private Member's Bill to remove Parliament from the scope of the FOI Act with the intention of covering up expenses claims.


Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 250
Points : 543
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Drinky wrote:Yes I did mean Green. It was a trumped up charge and the |Metropolitan Police and CPS must have lost their marbles at getting embroiled in such an event.

I'm surprised at Irn Bru who is a major Labour supporter leading with this because from where I am standing this was not Labours finest hour or indeed anywhere close to it.



Perhaps he can enlighten us.

Up until about 10 minutes ago I hadn't even contributed on this thread so how could I be leading with this?




Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 250
Points : 543
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Irn Bru on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Drinky wrote:Here is a summation of the green affairin the not so right wing Guardian. I am at a loss to see how this puts Green in a bad light and Labour including thew Speaker Martin in a good one.



Irn Bru has produced some amazing convoluted arguments in the past to show that Gordon did a great job selling the gold reserves at rock bottom prices let's see what he can do with this.



This is the comment of the Police officer charged with rteviewing the whole affair.

Ex-British Transport Police chief Ian Johnston was asked by the Met to review the investigation. His report concluded that Mr Green's arrest was "not proportionate", that the leaks resulted only in "embarrassment" for ministers and that they were not "likely to undermine government's effectiveness".

Why thank you Drinky and it's nice to know that you value my opinion so highly that you would seek me out for my views on this.

I would say that based on Ian Johnston's report that the Met should hold their hand up and just admit that they overreacted and say they are sorry for any distress caused to Mr Green.

If I have a criticism of Mr Green then it is only that he should have used his one phone call to inform his wife to put his tea in the oven as he may be a bit late home.

You ok with that?

Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 250
Points : 543
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:19 am

Drinky wrote:And yet they are queing up on here to do just that Fred.

I had to laugh following the demise of OS we have a new intake of leftwingers as if this site was short!!!!

Seren yourself and I are even more outnumbered.

I had posted here before OS shut down so I'm not new. Shame you laughed at the demise of OS, what with you being a moderator and all that.
I thought loyalty counted for something but it appears with you it doesn't.

<shakes head>

Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 250
Points : 543
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:19 am

In fairness to you and TTS you did your upmost to support OS. However half a dozen people do not make a debating web site.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 am

Irn Bru wrote:

No, that's not correct, Fred. The architects of the troughing process go back to to the 1980s and I can actually show you the documents which detail when and where it began...Downing Street.

They're quite revealing and you can read them here...

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/foi_allowances_k.pdf

And remember it was Conservative MP David Maclean who introduced a Private Member's Bill to remove Parliament from the scope of the FOI Act with the intention of covering up expenses claims.




When Blair entered govt he vowed to clean up the troughing instead he made it far far worse FACT! An uncomfortable fact but none the less perfectly true. I do not deny troughing preceeded Labour but by God they made it an art form.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

I had posted here before OS shut down so I'm not new. Shame you laughed at the demise of OS, what with you being a moderator and all that.
I thought loyalty counted for something but it appears with you it doesn't.




You misundersdtand (probably deliberately) I wasn't laughing at the demise of OS I was laughing at the irony of an even bigger left wing contingent on here. It needed some more RWs to give it balance. The only overt RWs are Seren Fred and myself. You will be very happy here you can live out your deluded fantasies and talk spend spend spend to like minded souls.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:15 pm

You have to consider the fact Drinky, that most of the L/W who have come over from OS are on the whole good and able debaters. I personally, having been a member of OS, have debated happily at length with a couple of them for a long time before the site shut down. There was never the extreme spite, abuse and hatred that we have all witnessed on this site coming from the two loony left communist Moderators and their hangers on. Hopefully we will have DECENT L/Wingers to debate with and the hateful Loony Left spite mongers will be marginalised.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Well I have some ding dongs with them I have to say but they are able debaters.

I'll give Irn Bru his due if he isn't already working in PR he should be. I've never debated with someone who could put a positive spin on just about anything Labour have done no matter how ruinous it was.



There you are Irn Bru a compliment for you.

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Drinky wrote:



When Blair entered govt he vowed to clean up the troughing instead he made it far far worse FACT! An uncomfortable fact but none the less perfectly true. I do not deny troughing preceeded Labour but by God they made it an art form.

Where are these FACTS that Blair made it worse? You just keep making these statements claiming they are FACTS but you provide no hard evidence to back them up.

The information I gave out were FACTS and it clearly shows who was responsible for puting in place the system for claiming expenses and it's on Downing Street heade paper.


Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 250
Points : 543
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Drinky wrote:Well I have some ding dongs with them I have to say but they are able debaters.

I'll give Irn Bru his due if he isn't already working in PR he should be. I've never debated with someone who could put a positive spin on just about anything Labour have done no matter how ruinous it was.



There you are Irn Bru a compliment for you.

There is no spin and no lies, Drinky, and as far as I can recall you have not disproved anything I have said on here or elsewhere.

And I have no desire to work in a PR role and prefer what I do in my current employment which is far more rewarding and indeed much more worthwhile.

Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 250
Points : 543
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Drinky on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 pm

That the expenses scandal gotconsiderably worse under labour isnt in dispute except in your mind perhaps. Indeed the labour speaker Martin tried his upmost to cover it up.

Who has the most MPs in jail Labour. Come on Irn Bru are you reallybthat deluded that you cant see how bad things got on your watch.

And yes it is a fact that Blair said he would clean up. He certainly did clean up he and his,wife have made millions. Just how gullible do you think we are the biggest scandal for expenses was on your watch that is a fact how can you say otherwise?


Last edited by Drinky on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Points : 2217
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Irn Bru on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Drinky wrote:That the expenses scandal gotconsiderably worse under labour isnt in dispute except in your mind perhaps. Indeed the labour speaker Martin tried his upmost to cover it up.

Who has the most MPs in jail Labour. Come on Irn Bru are you reallybthat deluded that you cant see how bad things got on your watch.

How can you say it was much worse under Labour when the evidence I have presented showed that it was so bad under the Tories that they had to change the system to avoid MPs being prosecuted. And the only information available about the present system doesn't go far enough back for you to claim that what you say is a fact.
Of course, there a a few Labour MPs who were prosecuted but it sure as hell escapes me how there were not a lot more MPs prosecuted because what I saw was damned criminal in my book and that includes MPs from both sides of the House and the Lords.
Sorry, anyone trying to claim one-upmanship on the expenses scandal is seriously tuppence short of a shilling.

Irn Bru
Established Member

Posts : 250
Points : 543
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:55 am

While admitting that there was corruption and troughing in all the 3 major parties, Liebour have had many more politicians accused than the other two together. Irn Bru put's up a good case for Liebour but surely he cannot agree with Bliar's and Liebour's policy of allowing uncontrolled massive immigration into this country. Especially from the third world.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by In A Flap on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:59 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Sorry Drinky, don't know if you mean Green or Coulson?

Working on the presumption you mean Green, it did seem a bit strange. 'Grooming to pass information' I think it was, I wish that they would make grooming of other kinds illegal, but so far I don't think they have made any 'grooming' against the law, so don't quite know what they think they had.

it was figures on illegal he received amongst others,I think. Hardly a state secret, an embarrassment to the government of the day, but not a state secret as was told to plod.

In A Flap
Forum Member

Posts : 66
Points : 86
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Leak arrest Tory made phone call to Coulson

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum