Fuel Prices! Fuel Prices! Always A Dilemna.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fuel Prices! Fuel Prices! Always A Dilemna.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Now Morrisons are calling for the rise in duty to be scrapped?

Would this be good news for the economy or not?

What do people think?

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Prices! Fuel Prices! Always A Dilemna.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Absolutely. The govt isd taxing people of the road when people need their cars to get to work. For those on tight budgets and who live off the main public transport routes a car is essential to get to work.

My wife spends upwards of £400 per month on petrol alone to get to work. £300 of that is tax!!!!!! She pays tax on tax on tax on tax toget to work to pay tax!

Osborne better remembere he is a Tory chgancellor not a Labour one. All these tax rises are to fund a public sector we cannot afford. The sooner we raelise that the sooner we can balance the economy. If he doesn't want to reduce the public sector he might as well ionvite Labour back because they rfeally know how to bloatpublic services.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:15 pm

There should be a substantial reduction in Duty instead, particularly on Diesel fuel. It is diesel fueled vehicles which provide the lifeblood of this country from transporting goods, transporting people and powering many industrial processes. Good for Morrisons, if others join in we could see some democracy in action. Just a small point, I was able to fill up my SUV last week at Morrison's using a Morrison's voucher which entitled me to 15 pence a litre reduction, quite a saving. Once again Well Done Morrisons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Yep, I filled up at Morrisons as well and saved around £11.50 with the discount voucher.
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:08 pm

fred bloggs wrote:There should be a substantial reduction in Duty instead, particularly on Diesel fuel. It is diesel fueled vehicles which provide the lifeblood of this country from transporting goods, transporting people and powering many industrial processes. Good for Morrisons, if others join in we could see some democracy in action. Just a small point, I was able to fill up my SUV last week at Morrison's using a Morrison's voucher which entitled me to 15 pence a litre reduction, quite a saving. Once again Well Done Morrisons.
What gets me Fred is Diesel used to be cheaper than petrol yet now its more expensive and i can find no reason why ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 am

TTS wrote:What gets me Fred is Diesel used to be cheaper than petrol yet now its more expensive and i can find no reason why ?

Deisel is more polluting because of the particulates. Having said that the real reason is so many changed to diesel. not sure whether it was on your watch or mine that change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 pm

TTS, I agree it used to be less expensive. It is also less expensive to process than petrol. The hike in price is due to taxation which was increased during the term of the Nu Liebour government. The excuse was that there were more particulates in diesel emissions at a time when the world were wrongly going crazy about the ozone layer, our government resorted to a bit of overkill as far as taxation of Diesel was concerned. I believe the time has come to bring Diesel fuel prices in line with, if not less than that being charged for petrol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:39 pm

fred bloggs wrote:TTS, I agree it used to be less expensive. It is also less expensive to process than petrol. The hike in price is due to taxation which was increased during the term of the Nu Liebour government. The excuse was that there were more particulates in diesel emissions at a time when the world were wrongly going crazy about the ozone layer, our government resorted to a bit of overkill as far as taxation of Diesel was concerned. I believe the time has come to bring Diesel fuel prices in line with, if not less than that being charged for petrol.

the problem is, any government that reduces the price of diesel will instantly introduce a Tax on Water for your radiator. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top