Sarkozy: Too Many Foreigners In France

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sarkozy: Too Many Foreigners In France

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 am

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has said there are too many foreigners in France and has pledged to cut the number of new arrivals in half.

As the country's presidential election campaign gathers pace, Mr Sarkozy insisted France's attempts to integrate foreign arrivals into its culture and society had become paralysed.
"Our system of integration is working more and more badly, because we have too many foreigners on our territory and we can no longer manage to find them accommodation, a job, a school," he said in a television debate.
Mr Sarkozy has been accused of moving to the right in the run up to the presidential election in order to recruit voters tempted by anti-immigrant candidate Marine Le Pen.
He said that while immigration could remain "a boon" for France in many areas, it must be controlled more tightly through tougher residency qualifications for newcomers.
"Over the five-year term I think that to restart the process of integration in good conditions, we must divide by two the number of people we welcome, that's to say to pass from 180,000 per year to 100,000," he said.
Mr Sarkozy also announced new plans to limit some welfare benefit payments currently available to immigrant workers to those who have enjoyed residency for 10 years and have worked for five of those.
France will vote in the first round of a presidential election on April 22, followed by a second-round run-off on May 6.
All recent opinion polls forecast that Francois Hollande will emerge victorious.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16183763

Can you imagine any of our lot having the balls to make a statement like that!

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarkozy: Too Many Foreigners In France

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 am

Nems wrote :- Can you imagine any of our lot having the balls to make a statement like that!

Bloody hell. A sensible political sentence!!. Nems has definitely started to move to the Right !! . I can see the Tories getting a new member if she is prepared to make statements like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Unfortunately not Nems No

Immigration legal or otherwise is massive concern to many in the UK. It is one of the reasons why support of the far right has been steadily increasing.

IF and I say IF the Tory party had the balls as you say to take strict control of this important issue it might actually encourage those with voting apathy to take part. At the moment there is not a single party who I would consider competent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

And of course we must remember that sarkozy having all the honesty of tony blair and gordon brown, we must never think for a moment that this particular spin has anything to do with his fear of Le Penn,,,,,oh no, of course not,,,perish the thought!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm

It is empty words again from Sarko. Once again (he does that every firve years) he want to attract the extreme right voters to vote for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:30 pm

His wife is Italian

Laughing

Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am

Irn Bru wrote:His wife is Italian

Laughing

Politically, being led by the d..k is not a good idea!!!! (especially when it is the wife and not the politician who is leading you) Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 am

David1 wrote:It is empty words again from Sarko. Once again (he does that every firve years) he want to attract the extreme right voters to vote for him.

Exactly right David; his words are hollow, like Geli says, just another lying Blair, all style no substance Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:07 am

eilzel wrote:

Exactly right David; his words are hollow, like Geli says, just another lying Blair, all style no substance Evil or Very Mad

Morning Eilzel, why is it politicians will say anything for votes. Not exactly honest is it, I think a big bulb on the tops on their heads when lit up when they are lying would be a good idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 am

sassy1261 wrote:

Morning Eilzel, why is it politicians will say anything for votes. Not exactly honest is it, I think a big bulb on the tops on their heads when lit up when they are lying would be a good idea!

Morning Sass, good to see you x

It is ridiculous, I do wonder if it will work though. Extreme RWers here probably wouldn't fall for it anymore- but I'm not sure about those in France. From what I hear Sarkozy looks set to fail, so this may just be more desparation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:14 am

eilzel wrote:

Morning Sass, good to see you x

It is ridiculous, I do wonder if it will work though. Extreme RWers here probably wouldn't fall for it anymore- but I'm not sure about those in France. From what I hear Sarkozy looks set to fail, so this may just be more desparation.

Good to see you too x

I'm beginning to think that politics is a waste of time, they will all do what they want anyway, voters just have to cope with the mess Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:05 am

A compelling argument put forward by the Loony Left on this thread. -- I Agree Sarcozy is as corrupt as any Liebour politician, nearly as bad as Bliar,there is no argument there. His utterings are to try to take the votes from the true French people's candidate, the only one who puts the interests of France before their own ambitions. That is of course Le Pen, the true French patriot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 am

David1 wrote:It is empty words again from Sarko. Once again (he does that every firve years) he want to attract the extreme right voters to vote for him.

An interesting take. It is extreme right wing thinking to want to curb immif=grations.

I take it therefore you accept it is left wing thinking to open the doors to immigrants in an uncontrolled manner as Labour did.

Now let me put a point to you is it democratic or undemocratic to allow this immigration if the majority oif the population is dead set against it. Clearly the right are against it and therefore most in tune with public opinion. Clearly you and other left wingers are anti democratic.

Fair do'd to you David at least you admit it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Good points Drinky. As I've always said. The lefty approach is always the undemocratic approach. They are so full of Lenin type dogma that they never listen to what the public wants. That would never do, would it ?.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 pm

You two should really try out for Britains Got Talent, they are short of comics, you'd be a massive hit!

France frankly has a bloody cheek, apart from Britain it colonised more countries that anyone else, and a lot of its 'foreigners' are there because they were given rights to live in France when they gained independence from it in the 1960s.

The French colonial Empire was the set of territories that were under French rule primarily from the 17th century to the late 1960s. In the 19th and 20th centuries, the colonial empire of France was the second-largest in the world behind the British Empire. The French colonial empire extended over 12,347,000 km² (4,767,000 sq. miles) of land at its height in the 1920s and 1930s. Including metropolitan France, the total amount of land under French sovereignty reached 13,018,575 km² (4,980,000 sq. miles) at the time, almost 1/10 of the Earth's total land area. Its influence made French a widely-spoken colonial European language, along with English, Spanish, and Portuguese.

France, in rivalry with Britain for supremacy, began to establish colonies in North America, the Caribbean and India, following Spanish and Portuguese successes during the Age of Discovery. A series of wars with Britain during the 18th century and early to mid-19th century, which France lost, ended its colonial ambitions in these places, and with it what some historians term the "first" French colonial empire. In the 19th century, France established a new empire in Africa and Southeast Asia. In this period France's conquest of Empire in Africa was dressed up as a moral crusade. In 1886 Jules Ferry declared; "The higher races have a right over the lower races, they have a duty to civilize the inferior races." Full citizenship rights - assimilation - was offered, though in reality "assimilation was always receding [and] the colonial populations treated like subjects not citizens." [1]

Following World War I and especially World War II, anti-colonial movements began to challenge French authority. France unsuccessfully fought bitter wars in Vietnam and Algeria to keep its empire intact. By the end of the 1960s, many of France's colonies had gained independence, although some territories – especially islands and archipelagos – were integrated into France as overseas departments and territories. These total altogether 123,150 km² (47,548 sq. miles), which amounts to only 1% of the pre-1939 French colonial empire's area, with 2,685,705 people living in them in 2011. All of them enjoy full political representation at the national level, as well as varying degrees of legislative autonomy. (See Administrative divisions of France.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_colonial_empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 pm

sassy1261 wrote:You two should really try out for Britains Got Talent, they are short of comics, you'd be a massive hit!

France frankly has a bloody cheek, apart from Britain it colonised more countries that anyone else, and a lot of its 'foreigners' are there because they were given rights to live in France when they gained independence from it in the 1960s.

The French colonial Empire was the set of territories that were under French rule primarily from the 17th century to the late 1960s. In the 19th and 20th centuries, the colonial empire of France was the second-largest in the world behind the British Empire. The French colonial empire extended over 12,347,000 km² (4,767,000 sq. miles) of land at its height in the 1920s and 1930s. Including metropolitan France, the total amount of land under French sovereignty reached 13,018,575 km² (4,980,000 sq. miles) at the time, almost 1/10 of the Earth's total land area. Its influence made French a widely-spoken colonial European language, along with English, Spanish, and Portuguese.

France, in rivalry with Britain for supremacy, began to establish colonies in North America, the Caribbean and India, following Spanish and Portuguese successes during the Age of Discovery. A series of wars with Britain during the 18th century and early to mid-19th century, which France lost, ended its colonial ambitions in these places, and with it what some historians term the "first" French colonial empire. In the 19th century, France established a new empire in Africa and Southeast Asia. In this period France's conquest of Empire in Africa was dressed up as a moral crusade. In 1886 Jules Ferry declared; "The higher races have a right over the lower races, they have a duty to civilize the inferior races." Full citizenship rights - assimilation - was offered, though in reality "assimilation was always receding [and] the colonial populations treated like subjects not citizens." [1]

Following World War I and especially World War II, anti-colonial movements began to challenge French authority. France unsuccessfully fought bitter wars in Vietnam and Algeria to keep its empire intact. By the end of the 1960s, many of France's colonies had gained independence, although some territories – especially islands and archipelagos – were integrated into France as overseas departments and territories. These total altogether 123,150 km² (47,548 sq. miles), which amounts to only 1% of the pre-1939 French colonial empire's area, with 2,685,705 people living in them in 2011. All of them enjoy full political representation at the national level, as well as varying degrees of legislative autonomy. (See Administrative divisions of France.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_colonial_empire

Yes comrade Sassy there is a difference between colonialisation and what is happening now with immigration. During the period of colonialisation, civilised people went to lands infested with savages and helped bring civilisation to the primitive peoples. Immigration to Europe in modern times is by primitive peoples and savages wanting to take Europe back to the dark ages and establish primitive and savage's customs here, so in effect destroying civilisation. I would have thought that even a devotee of Communism would have understood that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:10 pm

You are such a laugh, I haven't heard an opinion like that since the 1950's, and even as small child I recognised how silly they were.

Drinky, after being asked very nicely by Nems and Seren, has stopped the stupid 'commie' nonsense, obviously you have no other repertoire and still have to rely on it, unfortunately Fred that means everyone writes your opinion off as being irrelevant.

Communism doesn't work because as human beings we are all individuals and different. Would probably work for people who don't think and say the same thing over and over though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:20 pm

sassy1261 wrote:You are such a laugh, I haven't heard an opinion like that since the 1950's, and even as small child I recognised how silly they were.

Drinky, after being asked very nicely by Nems and Seren, has stopped the stupid 'commie' nonsense, obviously you have no other repertoire and still have to rely on it, unfortunately Fred that means everyone writes your opinion off as being irrelevant.

Communism doesn't work because as human beings we are all individuals and different. Would probably work for people who don't think and say the same thing over and over though.

You and your commie Girly gang could always put us on Ignore Comrade Sassy. Then you would not have to read any R/W opinions. Would let the decent posters, (not the two moderators who are abusing their position, you and N/Again) get on with proper debating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 pm

fred bloggs wrote:

You and your commie Girly gang could always put us on Ignore Comrade Sassy. Then you would not have to read any R/W opinions. Would let the decent posters, (not the two moderators who are abusing their position, you and N/Again) get on with proper debating.

If only you knew how to debate Fred, wouldn't it make for an interesting site. No hope though. I was very pleased to see Seren backing Nems while I was away. All our posters are decent, well nearly all, there are those that simply can't resist posts like the above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Well Comrade Sassy, Seren has finally managed to extract all the virtual knives that you and N/again have been stabbing her in the back with and is more relaxed now. However you seem to have been reading a different forum from the rest of us. ---- Remind us all -- When is it that the two of you are leaving your Mod posts again ?. This site would be much less nasty without You and N/again being capable of abuse of the Moderation positions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:38 pm

fred bloggs wrote:Well Comrade Sassy, Seren has finally managed to extract all the virtual knives that you and N/again have been stabbing her in the back with and is more relaxed now. However you seem to have been reading a different forum from the rest of us. ---- Remind us all -- When is it that the two of you are leaving your Mod posts again ?. This site would be much less nasty without You and N/again being capable of abuse of the Moderation positions.

Afternoon Fred.

This thread has gone ganderously off topic hasn't it. Well we had a good few days with some good debates though didn't we.

I thought your comments about Le Penn were right on the button. Although this move is fairly transparent by Sarkozy it will still be picked up on by those campaigning for stricter immigration laws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 pm

WTF has ancient history got to do with today sassy. I'm on about recent histor in the UK were the party in power stated they were contralloing immigration but were secretly opening the doors.

That subterfuge lead directly to an increase in support of radical RW parties. Many more moderate sorts in the Labour party (i realise moderation and yourself are strangers) have acknowledged this fact The BNP ranks were swollen with white working class disaffected Labour voters. Your crib sheet won't contain this so no doubt you will deny it but it is the truth.

Labour were singulalry anti democratic now anti democratic views you are not a stranger to. I seem to recall your unmitigated support for the EU another anti democratic institution also out of tune with the public and making it singulalry diffcult to deport immigrants.

All this tosh about colonisation of countries tens or hundreds of years ago is just tosh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Seren wrote:

Afternoon Fred.

This thread has gone ganderously off topic hasn't it. Well we had a good few days with some good debates though didn't we.

I thought your comments about Le Penn were right on the button. Although this move is fairly transparent by Sarkozy it will still be picked up on by those campaigning for stricter immigration laws.

Yep Seren it most certainly has gone off topic. Still I'll bring it back on. :- I sincerely believe that the various Lefty Governments, by their incompetance and total failure to control both the quantity and just as importantly the quality of the immigrants coming to Northern Europe, has resulted in the majority of the population looking for someone who lead the way in ridding Northern Europe of the scourge of immigration and multiculturalism. This has led to the popularity of some right of centre politics.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top