Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Nems Again on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 am

Deputy chairman of Britain’s Conservative Party International Office Mark Pritchard has stepped down in protest to Prime Minister David Cameron’s policies especially on the European Union.



“Given my concerns, regarding an increasing number of government politics, not least on immigration, Europe and a lack of clarity for national and individual aspiration, I believe remaining as deputy chairman would be inconsistent and inhibit my ability to speak out more freely on these and other issues,” Pritchard said in a letter obtained by Politics Home website.

Pritchard is a member of the influential 1922 committee and one of the 79 Tory MPs who pushed the government to hold a referendum on continuation of British membership in the EU.

His resignation follows last week’s EU summit in Brussels, which brought the grave criticism of Eurosceptic Tories on Cameron especially after it appeared that he had only secured “half of what he was asking for.”

Regardless of the timing of Pritchard’s move, which he said is not related to the Brussels summit outcome, his exit represents the first major crack between the Conservative backbenchers and the government.
http://presstv.com/detail/230159.html


avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:04 pm

At last we have a politician who stands up for what he and his constituents believe. Wish we had many more like him. The Lib/Lab/Con pact or "Three headed snake" are busy selling the UK down the river without taking into account the wishes of the British people with regards to Europe.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Drinky on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Interesting. What is your view Nems?.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Nems Again on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Drinky wrote:Interesting. What is your view Nems?.

Not sure love, you havent told me yet.
avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Not sure love, you havent told me yet.


lol! lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Drinky on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Nems Again wrote:

Not sure love, you havent told me yet.

Very good. What is your mentors view then. Welcome back Sister Sassy.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 am

Drinky wrote:

Very good. What is your mentors view then. Welcome back Sister Sassy.

Thought I had been visiting a hospital not a nunnery, my OH will be disappointed! lol!
You can't possibly think I mentor Nems, bless she's the one who tells me not to bash people!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Nems Again on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 am

Drinky wrote:

Very good. What is your mentors view then. Welcome back Sister Sassy.

Morning Sis! xx
Not got much time today got to rush of and be what you would term a bleeding heart, but would just like to say
I dont know about mentoring but if I could learn to be as patient and tolerant as Sassy is and be as knowledgeable
respected and loved as she is I will be a happy bunny.

avatar
Nems Again
Witch Weatherwax
Witch Weatherwax

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:59 am

Nems Again wrote:

Morning Sis! xx
Not got much time today got to rush of and be what you would term a bleeding heart, but would just like to say
I dont know about mentoring but if I could learn to be as patient and tolerant as Sassy is and be as knowledgeable
respected and loved as she is I will be a happy bunny.


Well bless you! I got myself sorted and found I had a few more minutes before the taxi, so thought I would come back and annoy for a bit! Shocked Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 am

sassy1261 wrote:

Well bless you! I got myself sorted and found I had a few more minutes before the taxi, so thought I would come back and annoy for a bit! Shocked Very Happy


Welcome back comrade Sassy. We all hope you had a good time over in the Kremlin helping your communist leader Putin fiddle the Russian Elections.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:25 pm

fred bloggs wrote:


Welcome back comrade Sassy. We all hope you had a good time over in the Kremlin helping your communist leader Putin fiddle the Russian Elections.

I see you haven't found any better comic material while I have been away. Find a new writer Fred, the old one has become cliche.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

I see you haven't found any better comic material while I have been away. Find a new writer Fred, the old one has become cliche.


At least N/Again will be delighted that her comic script writer has returned Sassy. Her posts were full of inconsistences and not to put too fine a point on it, a bit childish while you were away No Class. Now that you're back and able to tell her what to write, and how to spell, we might all see reasonably intelligent posts from now on.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:14 pm

fred bloggs wrote:


At least N/Again will be delighted that her comic script writer has returned Sassy. Her posts were full of inconsistences and not to put too fine a point on it, a bit childish while you were away No Class. Now that you're back and able to tell her what to write, and how to spell, we might all see reasonably intelligent posts from now on.

Her posts have been brilliant, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them although its difficult posting on my phone and I didn't have much time anyway. As she passed another degree last year, I doubt she needs help from me, she also has the plus of not repeating herself continuously and boring the socks off other posters. I do agree Drinky needs help though, even someone posting from a phone should have been english skills.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Her posts have been brilliant, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them although its difficult posting on my phone and I didn't have much time anyway. As she passed another degree last year, I doubt she needs help from me, she also has the plus of not repeating herself continuously and boring the socks off other posters. I do agree Drinky needs help though, even someone posting from a phone should have been english skills.


MEOW -- Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 pm

fred bloggs wrote:


MEOW -- Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh my, meow for me for noting the obvious spelling mistakes that Drinky makes, although I do realise it is because of posting from a phone, but all your childish cattiness above is supposed to be ok? Go find a saucer of milk puss, someone should take pity on a spitty kitty.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Drinky on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:51 pm

sassy1261 wrote:

Her posts have been brilliant, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them although its difficult posting on my phone and I didn't have much time anyway. As she passed another degree last year, I doubt she needs help from me, she also has the plus of not repeating herself continuously and boring the socks off other posters. I do agree Drinky needs help though, even someone posting from a phone should have been english skills.



My English skills and more importantly my vocabulary are far better than yours I suspect. In fairness I accept my typing has become appalling but only a churlish lefty like yourself would deny that my command of the English language was somehow lacking.



Churlishness with a hint of bitter and a whole load of envy are your watch words are they not.Very Happy



Why I do recall someone asking me to keep on posting here the other day and if I'm not mistaken I think it was you amongst others. Is it because you like particularly poor posters to contribute here perhaps to make your own copy and pasted items look better in comparison.



Whatever my typo faults my posts largely are my own not the janet and john copy and paste stuff you do with the odd vicious nasty comments appended.Beautifully typed(by someone else) but crap or poorly typed with a little substance I know which I prefer.


Last edited by Drinky on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Drinky wrote:



My English skills and more importantly my vocabulary are far better then yours I suspect. In fairness I accept my typing has become appalling but only a churlish lefty like yourself would deny that my command of the English language was somehow lacking.



Churlishness with a hint of bitter and a whole load of envy are your watch words are they not.Very Happy



Why I do recall someone asking me to keep on posting here the other day and if I'm not mistaken I think it was you amongst others. Is it because you like particularly poor posters to contribute here perhaps to make your own copy and pasted items stand out.



Whatever my typo faults my posts largely are my own not the janet and john copy and paste stuff you do with the odd vicious nasty comments appended.Beautifully typed but crap or poorly typed with a little substance I know which I prefer.




Priceless Drinky. You are being critisised by someone who posts, Quote :- "even someone posting from a phone should have been english skills". End quote.
You would have thought the soviets would have taught their agents better linguistic skills than that, this was most amusing. Definitely from the pen of a comic writer

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I leave the comedy to the Chuckle Brothers, you are both so much better at it. Now how about the topic? France is full of 'foreigners' because its past colonialism allowed them citizenship, therefore it is entirely relevant, history has a way of coming back and biting you, and France has found just that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 pm

sassy1261 wrote:I leave the comedy to the Chuckle Brothers, you are both so much better at it. Now how about the topic? France is full of 'foreigners' because its past colonialism allowed them citizenship, therefore it is entirely relevant, history has a way of coming back and biting you, and France has found just that.


Easily solved.. Revoke all Foreigner's citizenship and send the Enrichers back to where they and their families came from.. Easy as that. --- Simples!!!!.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Drinky on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:58 pm

sassy1261 wrote:I leave the comedy to the Chuckle Brothers, you are both so much better at it. Now how about the topic? France is full of 'foreigners' because its past colonialism allowed them citizenship, therefore it is entirely relevant, history has a way of coming back and biting you, and France has found just that.



Yes I would go back to topic dear lady when you have been soundly beaten in that exchange.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Drinky wrote:



Yes I would go back to topic dear lady when you have been soundly beaten in that exchange.


Rolling

I should get help with those delusions, they are getting worse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Drinky on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm

sassy1261 wrote:




I should get help with those delusions, they are getting worse.



The reference to copy and paste was most apposite. As to your vocabulary I would beat you hands down dear lady.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Drinky wrote:



The reference to copy and paste was most apposite. As to your vocabulary I would beat you hands down dear lady.

As I am a writer I find that thought most amusing. I copy and paste to illustrate, enlighten and inform, if I simply gave my information with no back up, you would resort to the normal chants and innuendo that I am a socialist reactionary, by giving you evidence from other sources you cannot and do not refute it, especially the instance when the source was the words of your own party member, ie Ian Duncan Smith. You certainly use your own volcabulary, that is indisputable from your style and spelling, and up to recently the overuse of certain adjectives. However, your research is limited and your have little back up to make your points. In fact over and over again, when you have exhausted the limited breadth of your argument, a very quick look on the net will find reams of evidence of rebuttal. Perhaps if you spent more time reading and less time repeating yourself you would find how wrong you are without other people having to point it out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Drinky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:06 am

My God how expansive are your talents. A writer and economist. Omniscient and Omnipotent. A veritable tour de force of talent to astound us mere mortals.



Or are you perhaps more a legend in your own mind. You are certainly one pompous pretentious and sanctimonious old buffer.



As for my posst lacking facts well for example I argued with you over the 50p rate and punitive tax rates in general for some time and you and Victor derided my assertion that it would bring in less not more money to the Treasury. You found it oh so amusing to promulagate your own distortions of reality and suggested that I was simply wide of the mark. Well it seems my points have been vindicated and you are as usual completely lacking in any evidence of understanding the subject matter on which you pontificate.

Victor had the good grace to acknowledge that you havent the good grace to acknowledge anything because you are so far up your own arse.



Sassy if I were to have a frontal lobotomy in reverse i.e. they removed all but the bit they normally remove I should still have more brain cells than you.

That isn't to say I am suggesting I am Einstein it is just that I think you are so limited that you haven't the ability to realise what a prat you truly are. I suspect that promotion to Moderator on here was the high point in a life were you aimed for mediocrity and fell woefully short.
avatar
Drinky
Senior Member

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior British Tory resigns over EU

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 am

Drinky wrote:My God how expansive are your talents. A writer and economist. Omniscient and Omnipotent. A veritable tour de force of talent to astound us mere mortals.



Or are you perhaps more a legend in your own mind. You are certainly one pompous pretentious and sanctimonious old buffer.



As for my posst lacking facts well for example I argued with you over the 50p rate and punitive tax rates in general for some time and you and Victor derided my assertion that it would bring in less not more money to the Treasury. You found it oh so amusing to promulagate your own distortions of reality and suggested that I was simply wide of the mark. Well it seems my points have been vindicated and you are as usual completely lacking in any evidence of understanding the subject matter on which you pontificate.

Victor had the good grace to acknowledge that you havent the good grace to acknowledge anything because you are so far up your own arse.



Sassy if I were to have a frontal lobotomy in reverse i.e. they removed all but the bit they normally remove I should still have more brain cells than you.

That isn't to say I am suggesting I am Einstein it is just that I think you are so limited that you haven't the ability to realise what a prat you truly are. I suspect that promotion to Moderator on here was the high point in a life were you aimed for mediocrity and fell woefully short.
name calling and insults ...........Really ? Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum